1 2
Beerguy
Beerguy New Reader
9/10/08 10:52 a.m.

I'm sorry, i hate to be that guy but i'm noticing a disturbing lack of leading zeros when representing cents using a dollar sign. It's $0.60 for crying out loud! What would our forefathers think! I'll tell ya what they'd think; "aye! I cannot make "cents" of what this fellow is trying to say with his improper notation" you should all be ashamed of yourselves!

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
9/10/08 10:54 a.m.

But if you write 60¢ you don't need leading zeros.

Beerguy
Beerguy New Reader
9/10/08 10:59 a.m.

Yes my friend you are correct. I'm referring to the hoodlums using a "dolla sign". Btw fella, i know you're just using the ascii code to create your cent sign. You can't fool me mister!

Salanis
Salanis Dork
9/10/08 11:20 a.m.
therex wrote: €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ <-- I have no idea why I need that on my keyboard.

You really like Quake 2?

SoloSonett
SoloSonett Reader
9/10/08 11:38 a.m.
ignorant wrote:
Wowak wrote: Bend over and take it. Vote for McObama, he promises to fix it by taxing you more or going to war with Iran.
taxing you more for obama? All I can say is read..

Yeah, Your pick! Douch or Turd sandwich!

Write in Ron Paul

Or just shut up and take it.....dry1

Salanis
Salanis Dork
9/10/08 11:40 a.m.

Vote for the candidate you think will loose. That way, you have the right to bitch about the state of the country, since you voted for the "other guy".

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
9/10/08 11:42 a.m.

I'd vote for Cookie Monster, but since he flip-flopped on his core issue (cookies), I've lost all faith in him. Cookies ARE delicious, dammit.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
9/10/08 11:43 a.m.

Dude - Cookies are a sometimes food.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/11/08 1:51 a.m.

Cookie Monster doesn't seem to pleased with the change either

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
9/11/08 7:24 a.m.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/11/markets/oil/index.htm

Good explanation of why prices fell.

In a nutshell Economies are weak prices are high so demand tumbled.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
9/11/08 7:25 a.m.
SoloSonett wrote:
ignorant wrote:
Wowak wrote: Bend over and take it. Vote for McObama, he promises to fix it by taxing you more or going to war with Iran.
taxing you more for obama? All I can say is read..
Yeah, Your pick! Douch or Turd sandwich! Write in Ron Paul Or just shut up and take it.....dry1

Yeah..... because he's normal.

Strizzo
Strizzo Dork
9/11/08 8:13 a.m.

the price of oil dropping probably has more to do with the strengthening dollar than all the other factors. most of the drilling and production platforms in the gulf still haven't come back on line since gustav, and won't until after Ike is gone. they still might not even then since josephine could still head this way.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sPtvk8fozyctENZGVcrV69eLaSEj3ZFTib4PNyPtrvgG7ANhVUxTJlK5Ub4WpnWV