1 2 3
DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
4/3/13 1:06 p.m.
Jerry From LA wrote: One can find great advice on the GRM BB for almost any pursuit except spelling.

And saving up for a sensible car.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UberDork
4/3/13 2:06 p.m.

My wife knows about it, and some of the interesting topics are discussed at the dinner table.

My mom even checks in occasionally.

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
4/3/13 2:10 p.m.

Isn't standard procedure to google 4-5 pages deep first then ask GRM?... or the other way around?

fritzsch
fritzsch Dork
4/3/13 2:12 p.m.

I don't think I have found anything useful from google searching after the 2nd page in YEARS. I feel I used to dig 5+ pages and would still get relevant stuff.

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
4/3/13 4:23 p.m.

When in doubt, GRM it. Speaking of... I need to make a thread. BRB...

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
4/3/13 4:27 p.m.
fritzsch wrote: I don't think I have found anything useful from google searching after the 2nd page in YEARS.

so, GRM is the new Google

RossD
RossD UberDork
4/3/13 4:29 p.m.

BB? like in Bulletin Board? HA! Do you sit on a davenport, too? Probably with an afghan over your knees.

I kid! I just call this place a forum.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
4/3/13 7:14 p.m.
Powar wrote: I recently had one of these conversations as well. My parents rode by my house and asked whose Lebaron Turbo was parked beside the garage. I told them it belonged to another GRM forum member who calls himself 'Cooter'. That got a giggle. They then wanted to know why a guy from a random forum on the Internet left his car at my house. 'Well... He bought the white truck, then he took it on a roadtrip.' 'He left from your house on a roadtrip? Where to?' 'Albuquerque.' 'Is everyone on that site insane?' '...'

that got me laughing

Happy Carmore
Happy Carmore MegaDork
4/3/13 7:21 p.m.
Powar wrote: I recently had one of these conversations as well. My parents rode by my house and asked whose Lebaron Turbo was parked beside the garage. I told them it belonged to another GRM forum member who calls himself 'Cooter'. That got a giggle. They then wanted to know why a guy from a random forum on the Internet left his car at my house. 'Well... He bought the white truck, then he took it on a roadtrip.' 'He left from your house on a roadtrip? Where to?' 'Albuquerque.' 'Is everyone on that site insane?' '...'

The bad part about this is, I had to think about why this would be why they would think we are all insane.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/3/13 7:46 p.m.
fritzsch wrote: I don't think I have found anything useful from google searching after the 2nd page in YEARS. I feel I used to dig 5+ pages and would still get relevant stuff.

That reminds me of a joke my wife told me: Where's the best place to hide the bodies? Page-2 of Google search results.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
4/3/13 7:49 p.m.

I'm just glad your wife thinks about me.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
4/3/13 9:00 p.m.

Every Google search I do come up with 15 Grassroots links, and then something else, why would I go anywhere else.

Besides the answers here are actually intelligent.

I think my wife is jealous of GRM

motomoron
motomoron Dork
4/3/13 10:39 p.m.

Around here y'all are referred to as "The GRM". Like y'all are a supercomputer or a hive-mind or something.

Enyar
Enyar HalfDork
4/3/13 10:45 p.m.

Hmmmm that brings up an interesting question.... how badly would GRM beat Watson in Jeopardy?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
4/3/13 10:49 p.m.
Enyar wrote: Hmmmm that brings up an interesting question.... how badly would GRM beat Watson in Jeopardy?

Not so sure, we seem to have 4 answers to everything: Miata, Volvo, P71 and LSx

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
4/3/13 10:50 p.m.

Nooooooooh, LSx powered Watson FTMFW

Flight Service
Flight Service PowerDork
4/4/13 1:42 p.m.

all this is better than the opposite.

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
4/4/13 2:16 p.m.

^^Image saved

ultraclyde
ultraclyde Dork
4/4/13 2:31 p.m.

I usually start "I read somewhere on the internet the other day.."

At which my wife interrupts "Grassroots?"

And I pause and say "...yeah."

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
4/4/13 2:36 p.m.

I do often start sentences with "Well, this guy on Grassroots said...." like it's gospel.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/4/13 2:41 p.m.

ARE YOU ACCUSING ME OF OFFERING USEFUL ADVICE OR PRACTICAL INSIGHTS?!?! You take that back.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
4/4/13 2:46 p.m.

The hell is wrong with you. The bread isle isn't isle four. They put the bakery at the front where you have to walk through it. Brad goes in bakery area. Haven't you ever taken psychology?

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/4/13 4:07 p.m.

I thought Brad was banned from the store.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
4/4/13 4:11 p.m.

I still don't know why spouses or girlfriends think we talk about cars. I come to GRM for answers to all my tech support, tax law, and fashion questions.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/4/13 4:51 p.m.

I've referred to you as my GRM friends to my "live" friends.

Makes me hate when you change your avatar. Its like changing your face.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bBvZnnROFVxopGNgvupVwEePaajmD08svTOA966d0JqNMyGFFgpBfNfK2SzZbX88