1 2 3 ... 9
Jay
Jay UltraDork
4/11/16 10:16 p.m.

Is there some youtube / forum hilarity going on somewhere that I don't know about? Hook me up.

NGTD
NGTD UltraDork
4/11/16 10:30 p.m.

All sorts of video's of people leaving Cars and Coffee events (and similar), lighting up the rear tires on a Stang and promptly trashing it. Into other cars and unfortunately sometimes people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67R8L5vVbCE

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
4/11/16 11:09 p.m.

I watched one the other day that was crashing Mustangs, with a Mopar club insignia in the corner of the video.

Jay
Jay UltraDork
4/11/16 11:20 p.m.
NGTD wrote: All sorts of video's of people leaving Cars and Coffee events (and similar), lighting up the rear tires on a Stang and promptly trashing it. Into other cars and unfortunately sometimes people. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67R8L5vVbCE

Wait, so these things just reached a douchebag critical mass one day and exploded?? They can do that?

I was hoping there was a Legendary Thread going down.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
4/11/16 11:21 p.m.

The saying goes "its always a mustang". Whenever E36 M3, or cars go wrong at a c&c, its a Mustang. Not true, but its like calling honda kids ricers. At some point, there was enough evidence to justify the stereotype.

Nick (LUCAS) Comstock
Nick (LUCAS) Comstock UltimaDork
4/11/16 11:45 p.m.

Mustang guys.

You can always tell a Mustang guy in a crowd. How? The neck tattoos. I don't know how you all figure that neck tattoos are better than mullets, at least you can cut a mullet off.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
4/12/16 12:55 a.m.

They -have- to show off.

How else will they prove that they didn't buy "girl car".

tr8todd
tr8todd Dork
4/12/16 6:26 a.m.

Use to be like that after Nascar would roll thru the track in New Hampshire. We'd go up and have a race and something important would be broken or there would be a light pole down. Standard answer was always "one of Jimmy Spencers's guys" Or "F...ing Spencer". Always wondered if he got blamed for everything everywhere he went. He was from my Dad's home town, and my dad says Spencer was always in trouble.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
4/12/16 6:33 a.m.

Seems to be something in the coffee

joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
4/12/16 6:34 a.m.
NGTD wrote: All sorts of video's of people leaving Cars and Coffee events (and similar), lighting up the rear tires on a Stang and promptly trashing it. Into other cars and unfortunately sometimes people. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67R8L5vVbCE

I know we've all been there, we've all done dumb stuff, it could have been any be of us, blah blah blah... But man, if I was in that dodge I would have probably come undone. First thought would have been "what if I, or my wife or my kid, had been getting something out of the back"?

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
4/12/16 6:41 a.m.

At the autocross this week there was a new mustang that showed up. On his first run he put it in the rev limiter, dumped the clutch, grabbed second gear before crossing the start timing lights, and looped the car about 50 feet into the course.

The guy announcing said he was practicing his cars & coffee exits Hahahahahahahaha

NickD
NickD HalfDork
4/12/16 6:42 a.m.

Ever watched the Mustang Week footage? It's amazing that any cars survive that event. There are videos of them coming out of the venue and 3 or 4 of them will wipe out right in a row.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/12/16 6:57 a.m.

Ha, I just asked this question on FB. In fact when I logged in here this morning I thought to myself "Oh, I guess I made that thread on GRM instead."

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
4/12/16 7:00 a.m.

I had another Mustang student at autocross this weekend. He did his first run nice and conservstive. I told him to go faster until he spun, then back off, which he did.
I always encourage people to find where their car gets dangerous so they know to stay the hell away from it on the street. All of these C&C guys would benefit from an autocross with no traction control so they understand not to do what they're doing.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UberDork
4/12/16 7:02 a.m.

Hey, as a Mustang owner....

Yeah, okay. Most mustang owners are that guy. I give up. But just wait till the hellcats get cheap. you just think you've seen carnage. I guess it's always going to be that way when HP is cheap.

And my tattoos are not on my neck, thankyouverymuch!

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/12/16 7:17 a.m.

I think Mustang Week is around this time of year, so I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty of new material shortly. It's sad, but it's inevitable.

I'm a Mustang owner (with no mullet or neck tattoos), but the stereotype does fit many of the Mustang community's more illustrious members.

dropstep
dropstep Dork
4/12/16 7:54 a.m.

I just figured it was former camaro owners buying something that made power and didnt have a glass axle.

Signed former mustang owner with no neck tattoo's.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/12/16 8:02 a.m.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
4/12/16 9:16 a.m.

Myrtle Beach has an annual Mustang Week. I don't recommend anyone actually attend, but it makes for some funny Youtubing after the fact.

egnorant
egnorant SuperDork
4/12/16 10:09 a.m.
NOHOME wrote: Seems to be something in the coffee

This Mustang was beaten upon by a tornado.

The memes are just some guy trying to be relevant.

Bruce

drainoil
drainoil Reader
4/12/16 11:18 a.m.

Several years ago a guy wrecked what appeared to be a fully restored '68 GTO Judge in front of the state fairgrounds entrance doing this same kind of thing.

Nick (LUCAS) Comstock
Nick (LUCAS) Comstock UltimaDork
4/12/16 11:31 a.m.
drainoil wrote: Several years ago a guy wrecked what appeared to be a fully restored '68 GTO Judge in front of the state fairgrounds entrance doing this same kind of thing.

I saw a guy that had just finished a five year long restoration of a 1968 GTO, like this was literally his first drive in it, put it sideways into a telephone pole at a big enough speed that it bent both framerails and put the passenger side door halfway into the passenger seat. He was a little bloody but for the most part okay. The car and phone pole were done though, had to feel bad for the guy. He said the throttle hung.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
4/12/16 11:40 a.m.

In reply to Nick (LUCAS) Comstock:

And that's why you never do E36 M3 like that on the first drive.

I learned that almost the same way with a customers '57 Thunderbird. Fortunately I got the engine shut off before anything horrible happened.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/12/16 12:27 p.m.

Timely: http://jalopnik.com/its-official-the-internet-hates-the-ford-mustang-1770432520

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/12/16 12:33 p.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: In reply to Nick (LUCAS) Comstock: And that's why you never do E36 M3 like that on the first drive. I learned that almost the same way with a customers '57 Thunderbird. Fortunately I got the engine shut off before anything horrible happened.

In order for them to stick at full throttle, you need to be at full throttle My video of the first drive of the LS1 MG is surprisingly popular on YouTube, but I'm mostly just idling around.

The V8 Atom built by Dennis Palatov lived in our town. It was destroyed during a joy ride after a bunch of work - cold Hoosiers, inappropriate throttle behavior and tree. The passenger took a beating, unfortunately.

1 2 3 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hRUZ3yrcQ8kuoJzdjnWq0cj2KQCXtWsP1OTz6989BHa1KpTZ37Rn4MlryvpdiXVV