1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
octavious
octavious HalfDork
4/13/16 8:11 a.m.

From NGTD's video, am I the only one that thought the Dodge held up pretty well?

MCarp22
MCarp22 Dork
4/13/16 8:47 a.m.

This meme has seriously made me reconsider getting a Mustang.

Nick (LUCAS) Comstock
Nick (LUCAS) Comstock UltimaDork
4/13/16 9:09 a.m.

I don't think that all mustang owners are mustang guy, mustang guy is a distinct creature. Like squids are to motorcyclists.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/13/16 9:35 a.m.
Nick (LUCAS) Comstock wrote: I don't think that all mustang owners are mustang guy, mustang guy is a distinct creature. Like squids are to motorcyclists.

Agreed. Actually, most newer Mustang drivers I see around are a lot closer to the "old bald guy in a 'Vette" stereotype and would rather putter around barely doing the speed limit than actually break the rear tires loose.

That being said, as a mullet sporting trailer park resident with a Camaro, I am immensely enjoying this thread

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/13/16 9:38 a.m.
MCarp22 wrote: This meme has seriously made me reconsider getting a Mustang.

Not me, but if I do, it'll be my fifth one, so I was probably already Mustang Guy to start with. Though I never hit anything or even got a ticket in any of mine.

drainoil
drainoil Reader
4/13/16 9:50 a.m.

A friend just picked up an early 80s Capri from a barn in Iowa. Does this Mustang umbrella extend far enough that he now falls under it?

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/13/16 9:53 a.m.
Furious_E wrote:
Nick (LUCAS) Comstock wrote: I don't think that all mustang owners are mustang guy, mustang guy is a distinct creature. Like squids are to motorcyclists.
Agreed. Actually, most newer Mustang drivers I see around are a lot closer to the "old bald guy in a 'Vette" stereotype and would rather putter around barely doing the speed limit than actually break the rear tires loose. That being said, as a mullet sporting trailer park resident with a Camaro, I am immensely enjoying this thread

Heh--- http://www.carnewscafe.com/2013/04/the-cars-of-trailer-park-boys/

gearheadmb
gearheadmb HalfDork
4/13/16 10:01 a.m.

+10000.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/13/16 10:04 a.m.

WilD
WilD HalfDork
4/13/16 11:49 a.m.

This thread has suddenly made me acutely aware I have never owned a car with more than ~210 horsepower...

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
4/13/16 12:12 p.m.

Glad to be an exception, my car hasnt been to a car show in over 10 years.

You also see people with no vehicle control breaking traction. Bad things can happen when you dont counter steer.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/13/16 12:19 p.m.

In reply to Karacticus:

Yessssssss! Plus 1,000,000, I'm a HUGE TPB fan. If Julian doesn't end up with a black 4th gen Camaro at some point prior to the end of that series I will be terribly upset - perfect Julian car. That being said, the 3rd gen in the latest season is pretty spectacular in its own right.

"Iroc All Girls" lol

JoeTR6
JoeTR6 Reader
4/13/16 12:58 p.m.
Apexcarver wrote: Glad to be an exception, my car hasnt been to a car show in over 10 years. You also see people with no vehicle control breaking traction. Bad things can happen when you dont counter steer.

I'll reserve judgment until I see you autocross the Stang.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/13/16 1:11 p.m.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
4/13/16 1:42 p.m.
JoeTR6 wrote:
Apexcarver wrote: Glad to be an exception, my car hasnt been to a car show in over 10 years. You also see people with no vehicle control breaking traction. Bad things can happen when you dont counter steer.
I'll reserve judgment until I see you autocross the Stang.

Considering that the first even may be with an open diff and 8+ year old tires...

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UberDork
4/13/16 2:59 p.m.

I made this just for you guys. It's like a super meme

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
4/13/16 3:01 p.m.

Aaaaaand there goes my coffee. Again.

I was at the local dragstrip test n tune opening day a little while back. I only got one run in before it rained out. Part of the reason was a bit of a delay clearing the strip. A Mustang was lined up with a Civic. The light went green, they cleared the box, and the Mustang, I E36M3 you not, looped right into the Civic...

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
4/13/16 3:14 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote:

I see what you did there...

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/13/16 3:17 p.m.
ultraclyde wrote: Oh, I agree that there are also rich idiots. It's just that statistically there are much fewer of them.

Go look at car videos from overseas. You'll see some pretty expensive cars doing some really bone headed things.

Toyman01
4/13/16 3:27 p.m.

In reply to stuart in mn:

You have to start teaching them young.

Toyman01
4/13/16 3:30 p.m.

We just bought one for the wife's DD. It puts a smile on my face. Makes my wife pretty happy too.

I can definitely see how a inexperienced drive could splat one pretty quick. Torque is fun.

Happy Carmore
Happy Carmore MegaDork
4/13/16 3:43 p.m.
WilD wrote: This thread has suddenly made me acutely aware I have never owned a car with more than ~210 horsepower...

E36 M3 I learned on more than 400....

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
4/13/16 3:51 p.m.
Happy Carmore wrote:
WilD wrote: This thread has suddenly made me acutely aware I have never owned a car with more than ~210 horsepower...
E36 M3 I learned on more than 400....

I could teach my kids to drive in the V Wagon using the whole "If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball" philosophy of parenting.

daeman
daeman HalfDork
4/13/16 3:56 p.m.

So this is what I can look forward to when the mustang goes on sale in Australia. Niiccceee.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
4/13/16 4:08 p.m.

photo 085E9B0F-C7A2-4B1E-B139-EFB14DFC2CE8_zpscsfgxres.jpg

1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7Vzn1eiXr9sjNhU9rMc6ssPtUajxNkIPncmKP3n14rZSrzKGEDoURjcu4VN91VbS