1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 ... 228
glueguy
glueguy GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/3/20 7:00 p.m.
93EXCivic said:

I just moved to working from home mostly. I have to go in order to prep samples for testing and put together prototypes if needed. But my boss asked that unless I am using machining equipment to come in on off hours if possible.

We also do lab work and social distance and reduced labor goes against safety practices.  If you're there off hours, think twice and be more careful if there are less people to check on you when you're doing risky work.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/3/20 7:57 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

Also our sheriff thinks that stay at home warning are destroying the Constitution and people should be allowed to go to church. 

Uh-huh.  Tell me the one about the gold fringe on the flag, too.

Something to do with martial law or courts? I can't remember

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/20 8:15 p.m.

There are still churches hold services?  Everyone here is doing online services. 

4/3/20 8:20 p.m.
Wally said:

There are still churches hold services?  Everyone here is doing online services. 

Up here, yes there are somehow

Toyman01 (Forum Supporter)
Toyman01 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/20 8:44 p.m.
NOHOME said:

In reply to Toyman01 (Forum Supporter) :

Mrs NOHOME works in that room.( Or one like it) There is a good reason for that door to be working. Thank you for fixing it.

Just driving past the hospital nowadays creeps me out, forget going inside.

Pete

I can only imagine what working in that area full time is like. Tell her we all appreciate her efforts to keep people alive.

I have a niece working on one of those wards as well. 

The hospital i did the repair for only has two patients so far. They are prepared for 100s more. 

NOT A TA
NOT A TA SuperDork
4/3/20 9:11 p.m.
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) said:
rob_lewis said:

Any of you essential folks actually getting stopped by the police to check?

One of my engineers told me his brother was driving to work on Tuesday.  Car changes lanes and hit the brother's truck and took off.  He chased them (yeah, stupid) and the car his another driver.  The brother and the other driver boxed them in and called 911.  4 cruisers show up.  Kid driving had no insurance, no license and the car was not in his name.  They told the victims to call their insurance, gave the kid his state ID back and let him go.

-Rob

Wow. That's no bueno. 

I have heard reports of lowered enforcement, but that's beyond the pale - "Let him go" as in essentially told the kid to DRIVE WITHOUT A LICENSE? Sigh. 

Same happened in my front yard. Took out the mailbox and the big blue Agave. No license etc.  Police took a pic of MY drivers license and just sent them on their way.

[URL=https://s240.photobucket.com/user/NOTATA/media/edited-image_zps5h8d6bsx.jpg.html][/URL]

03Panther
03Panther Reader
4/3/20 9:43 p.m.

Haven't looked at this in a week, so I don't know where the "tone" is now, but...

Alabama has just issued a mandate; the the public is in a screaming panic, "because "they" say the Gob'ment is locking EVERYTHING down!" "We can't leave our houses at all!" "Everyone is gonna get suicidal!" ... But if anyone takes the time to READ the actual mandate   http://www.alabamapublichealth.gov/legal/assets/soe-covid19-040320.pdf   we find that's not REALLY what it says.

My company did chose to issue me a letter, but, according to the law, I not required to show it. The law assumes my word that I am an essential worker is good, until proven not. Unfortunately, most officers don't know that!

I am blessed that I am still working, and can attend any of the things I normally do anyway.  Just help others by maintaining 6+ft. My life has had to change more due to sheep panicking, than the actual virus.

And no, i never said "do nothing" or "its all a hoax." Only asked people not to panic, and don't be ugly to other people. In person, or hiding behind a keyboard.

03Panther
03Panther Reader
4/3/20 9:51 p.m.
Bent-Valve (FS) said:

Pentagon can call up retired military.

If you want know when it's time to panic it is when you see me post

"I'VE BEEN DRAFTED!"

Because if they call me back, it's bad, real bad.

Don't know how long you've been retired, but when they start calling up a lot of retirees, things have definitely gotten bad!

03Panther
03Panther Reader
4/3/20 10:02 p.m.
SVreX (Forum Supporter) said:

I now have a file with 62 pages worth of traveling documentation that I am supposed to carry with me showing that I am an essential worker and permitted to travel. 

WTF???

I don't know about SC, but 'Bama's State Mandate will be in effect tomorrow night. EVERYONE that has verbally told me, says I have to have a letter 'cause everything but essential businesses are required to be closed. But that's not quite correct Businesses on a specifically stated list have to close. Small gammer difference... HUGE difference in actuality. Also the Mandate states companies MAY, but by no means HAVE to provide there employees letters. Prolly the "power" hungry officers won't know or care, though.

Again I've only read AL Mandate, since I'm not traveling for work these days.

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) HalfDork
4/3/20 10:42 p.m.
03Panther said:
Bent-Valve (FS) said:

Pentagon can call up retired military.

If you want know when it's time to panic it is when you see me post

"I'VE BEEN DRAFTED!"

Because if they call me back, it's bad, real bad.

Don't know how long you've been retired, but when they start calling up a lot of retirees, things have definitely gotten bad!

12 years now. 

So not likely. That was mostly tongue in cheek. 

I was medical and if they do call I will go, like most veterans I will support my country when it asks.

PT is gonna be rough. wink

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) HalfDork
4/3/20 10:45 p.m.

On another note Missouri has been partial stay at home. Monday it's statewide.

We may get up and head to the store for a few things, but if it looks crazy we don't have to have them.

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) HalfDork
4/3/20 10:56 p.m.
Wally said:

We have a small church and have been closed. Pastor has been recording and sharing that way.

Pyro and I checked on an elderly friend just down the road. We knocked on the door and then stood like15 feet out in the yard, she didn't get near the edge of the porch. I think it made her day. She doesn't even get text alerts from church so I don't think she has seen them.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
4/4/20 9:21 a.m.

Yeah in MI churches are exempt from the governor’s orders, something about separation of church and state. Though I think most are smart enough not to meet.

Unrelated, at least one of us is enjoying the stay home order

Don49 (Forum Supporter)
Don49 (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/4/20 10:56 a.m.

Last evening I suddenly felt weak, coughing like crazy and massive chills. I have only gone out to get necessary food in the past week. Based on what I'm reading, it looks like I have the Covid-19. Feel somewhat better today, but it looks like I'm self isolating for the next 2 weeks. I don't feel bad enough to get tested, although if it gets worse I will see about getting tested. On the plus side, I live alone so I'm not exposing anyone else. This sucks!!

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
4/4/20 10:57 a.m.

This is is already hitting people really hard because they try to cut back on all their expenses

Unrelated.  Even top gear is trying to encourage people to social distance

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/4/20 3:20 p.m.

In reply to Don49 (Forum Supporter) :

If you don't have someone nearby to check on you, please contact one of us to let us know you're doing ok(or who to contact if not).

Furious_E (Forum Supporter)
Furious_E (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/4/20 3:37 p.m.
Pete Gossett said:

If you don't have someone nearby to check on you, please contact one of us to let us know you're doing ok(or who to contact if not).

Seriously, what Pete said. And don't wait until it's too late to seek help if needed. Do you still have my number from when you bought that welder last fall?

4/4/20 3:39 p.m.
Pete Gossett said:

This!

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
4/4/20 3:54 p.m.
Pete Gossett said:

If you don't have someone nearby to check on you, please contact one of us to let us know you're doing ok

Yes.  Shoot a PM with your phone number to some of for a members so they can check in on you.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
4/4/20 3:57 p.m.

And now this little gem:

GRINDSTONE, Pa. (KDKA) — The Grindstone Volunteer Fire Department said that they found 100 people partying early Saturday morning while searching for a man assaulted in the woods.

When they initially searched for the man near Sherbondy Hollow, the department said they stumbled upon 100 young people having a drinking party. They said some people were passed out in vehicles laying on top of others while a few partiers were still partying and drinking when found at around 5 a.m. Saturday.

The young man was located and taken to a hospital. The department urged parents to prevent their children from going to parties like these so that their children follow social distancing guidelines.

How berkeleying great, I work in this area with many locals employed here. 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
4/4/20 4:01 p.m.

I am thermonuclear pissed on my mother in law's behalf. She's in her lower 60s and had a heart condition. She works at a YMCA daycare. She elected to take unpaid leave through this (which she discussed with her HR and was told was ok). They closed all daycares in Maryland, except for those registered to take essential personnels kids only. Their Y did. She just got a letter from their HR saying come to work on Monday or we interpret that as a resignation. It looks like they might cancel her pension if she does that.

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) HalfDork
4/4/20 5:09 p.m.

Germany is doing better than average with this. Long story short -- at 5 to 6 days in they have medics check people, even the mild cases, because that seems to be the turning point. Even some of the mild cases are admitted if things don't look right.

I don't know what right is the articles didn't have detail.

So anyway if you suspect your getting worse 4 to 5 days from now, get help.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Reader
4/4/20 5:10 p.m.

In reply to Apexcarver :

A buddy is a higher up for the YMCA, in MD. He says that is inaccurate, they are asking people to choose to self furlough, especially those at higher risk. I don't know exactly what the letter said, but he said call or email someone, don't just show up, as that is not correct. 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
4/4/20 5:54 p.m.

In reply to Steve_Jones :

Will dig into it, but they sent me a picture of the letter they were emailed today from the HR at their Y, today being a Saturday, saying work on Monday or we may consider it a resignation. If that is self furlough, they are doing a very bad job explaining it as such.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Reader
4/4/20 6:07 p.m.

I'd assume someone messed up, he's looking into it. 

1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 ... 228

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
4nvW5P5NVAHoLj4KkrTK1XKDTX3zZY71cUq6zdy8uhwuSk1WDUeidTjBZmkpW9Tm