1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 ... 228
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/28/20 10:05 a.m.

So.... nothing to see previous to this.

Just a bunch of  Miatas.

There are lots of different types of Miatas (some are even technically MX5's)

We all have different tastes in Miatas, but ultimately they are all Miatas, and we should remember that.

If we could keep the Miata talk out of this thread, that would be nice.

wink

(P.S. that was a lot harder than I thought it would be....)

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
5/28/20 10:07 a.m.

So I bought RS-4's. That either means I'm gonna die or I'm not. I wonder if it improves my survivability if I wear a mask?

AAZCD (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/28/20 10:13 a.m.
aircooled said:

OK then.  I still think this thread is useful.  In order to suppress this resparking, I am going to try and get this to the next page.

'

No matter how many Miatae you put in one post it is still one post.

And this thread needs some Boxster (Before the Lock)

Shadeux (Forum Supporter)
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/28/20 10:16 a.m.

Current state of thread:

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/28/20 10:18 a.m.
93EXCivic said:

I'd like to apologize to SVreX. I got a little hot around the collar yesterday in my exchange with him and while I don't agree with him, that is no reason to get uncivil. I know we have chatted at previous challenges and I picked Yugo parts up at his house quite a while back and I know he is a good dude.

I appreciate that. Thank you. 

Disagreeing doesn't change that I consider you a decent person. If I didn't, I wouldn't waste my time reading the stuff you post. 

I learn from people with different opinions than me.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/28/20 10:22 a.m.
bobzilla said:

So I bought RS-4's. That either means I'm gonna die or I'm not. I wonder if it improves my survivability if I wear a mask?

Huh? I'm confused by this...

I hope you're wearing a mask*, unless you've gotten a positive antibody test. Good for you, good for everyone else, and gets us back to normal faster. 

*anytime you're out in public and/or around people that aren't in your normal "circle"

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
5/28/20 10:22 a.m.
SVreX (Forum Supporter) said:

This right here. Just because I don't agree doesn't mean I don't learn new things. And questioning another persons thinking/beliefs USED to be how we strenthened theirs and ours. This crap we do now of "you're either with me or against me" crap is just that. Crap. It helps no one. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
5/28/20 10:24 a.m.

In reply to mtn (Forum Supporter) :

so how do you eat? You can't do that wearing a mask. 

EDIT: fun fact, the wife and I got chastized last weekend for holding hands. "You can't do that! You have to be 6' apart" from some unhappy, pissy woman in the parking lot. Lady... we sleep together and do adult things because we're married. You're lucky I'm only holding her hand you shrill witch. IT's none of youre damn business. 

mtn (Forum Supporter)
5/28/20 10:24 a.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:
bobzilla said:

Huh? I'm confused by this...

I hope you're wearing a mask*, unless you've gotten a positive antibody test. Good for you, good for everyone else, and gets us back to normal faster. 

*anytime you're out in public and/or around people that aren't in your normal "circle"

Which reminds me... I saw one of the dumbest things yesterday. Woman got in her car and put her mask on and drove away. I'd seen people on facebook making fun of folks wearing it in the car - most of that I attribute to people just leaving it on, or putting it on before they get in the car and drive away from home out of habit... But this woman came out of the restaurant (with contactless pickup), got in the car, and put her mask on and drove away. WTF?

mtn (Forum Supporter)
5/28/20 10:27 a.m.
bobzilla said:

In reply to mtn (Forum Supporter) :

so how do you eat? You can't do that wearing a mask. 

Hopefully either at home, or at a restaurant that has provided tables that put you no closer than 6 feet (preferably more) from the nearest table. Also preferably outside if not at home.

Other precautions that could be taken by restaurants would be to have everyone at a table in a party facing the same direction (think The Last Supper painting), and the next table would be facing the other direction - so backs would be facing each other. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
5/28/20 10:29 a.m.

So if its raining we can never eat again outside of our home? yeah, that's no happening. We;ve had resteraunts open for almost 3 weeks now without the expected spike. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/28/20 10:33 a.m.

I have casually noticed that the (local) news seems to not be giving the doom and gloom death updates as much (I was half expecting a "ding" sound every time another one is counted).

So, I think that is good.  I am sure they will find something to freak out about though....

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
5/28/20 10:34 a.m.
bobzilla said:

So if its raining we can never eat again outside of our home?

Why the straw man argument?  That is not at all what has been suggested.

1)  Eat indoors, practicing proper social distancing

2)  Eat outside, while still being sheltered from the rain.  It is possible to be under a roof while not indoors.

3)  Nobody said, suggested, or implied "never".  These are temporary measures.  

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/28/20 10:37 a.m.
ProDarwin said:
bobzilla said:

Yea, so was the PATRIOT act.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
5/28/20 10:37 a.m.
SVreX (Forum Supporter) said:

Disagreeing doesn't change that I consider you a decent person. If I didn't, I wouldn't waste my time reading the stuff you post. 

Agreed.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
5/28/20 10:38 a.m.
bobzilla said:

So if its raining we can never eat again outside of our home? yeah, that's no happening. We;ve had resteraunts open for almost 3 weeks now without the expected spike. 

Bob. Take a look at what I wrote. I said Preferably Outside. Did I say "don't eat at a restaurant unless you're outside"?

I'm confused by your statement. What do you mean by RS-4? Tires? Audi? Resistant Starches? Then you go on to mention the mask, which is where I get confused.

Wearing a mask in public is a really easy thing to do, and it significantly reduces the spread of the virus. No, you can't wear it everywhere. But you should where it as much as you can. 

In terms of eating food... no, you can't wear a mask. What I'm saying is this: 

• Eating at your home>Eating outside in public, socially distanced>Eating inside a restaurant socially distanced
  • Facing away from other patrons will be safer for everyone involved. 
  • Eating in a restaurant that is packed, that you're less than 6 feet from the nearest table (with patrons), is completely inadvisable in todays climate
  • Eating in a small restaurant that you're the only patron in is extremely low risk

Jesus. I'm not saying stay at home OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE IF YOU ORDER THE ONION RINGS. (And I know that isn't what you're implying I said, but I also did not say you can only eat out if it isn't raining, which is what you seem to think I said).

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
5/28/20 10:42 a.m.
RevRico said:
ProDarwin said:
bobzilla said:

Yea, so was the PATRIOT act.

That's an act, passed by congress and signed into law by the president.

Most of the state-level restrictions we are discussing in this thread are Governor exectuive orders, and a lot of them have expiration dates built into them.  Latest NC order for example:

This Executive Order is effective at 5 :00 pm on May 22, 2020. This Executive Order shall remain in effect through 5:00 pm on June 26, 2020 unless repealed, replaced, or rescinded by another applicable Executive Order. An Executive Order rescinding the Declaration of the State of Emergency will automatically rescind this Executive Order

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/28/20 10:45 a.m.

...I'm confused by your statement. What do you mean by RS-4? Tires? Audi? Resistant Starches? Then you go on to mention the mask, which is where I get confused....

I think he is talking about tires... for a Miata for example.

But we are not going to start talking about Miata's again... right?

(general statement, not pointed at you)

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
5/28/20 10:52 a.m.

Over the weekend, we picked up some sandwiches/chips/cookies/drinks with the intent of going and sitting by the lake with our little camping chairs and having a "picnic."

But that good ol' Oklahoma wind meant we ended up parked next to the lake, looking at the water, eating in the car. It's hard to eat outside when the wind is gusting north of 30 mph.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
5/28/20 10:56 a.m.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
5/28/20 11:03 a.m.
bobzilla said:

Our restaurants have been open for in person dining since May 1st,  you see hardly any masks, no spike.  

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/few-people-seen-wearing-masks-as-nashville-eases-restrictions

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
5/28/20 11:15 a.m.

In reply to Cotton :

If this is true. This is good.  More data better decision making. 

The0retical (Forum Supporter)
The0retical (Forum Supporter) UberDork
5/28/20 11:15 a.m.
bobzilla said:

No mask will protect your wallet from that thing.

Wait, you meant the Hankooks not the Audi I assume.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
5/28/20 11:21 a.m.

Other precautions that could be taken by restaurants would be to have everyone at a table in a party facing the same direction (think The Last Supper painting), and the next table would be facing the other direction - so backs would be facing each other. 

Thats how the big outbreak at the  Southern Germany auto plant started , 

back to back at the lunch canteen  and one guy  turns around and asks the guy behind him to pass the salt !

Thats how it transferred first and went thru the factory......

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
5/28/20 11:24 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

In reply to Cotton :

If this is true. This is good.  More data better decision making. 

Agreed,  it's looking good.  More restrictions, like live music and various outdoor events (racing with spectators),  are easing up next week,  so more data coming.

1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 ... 228

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
aoVEht7Q5TpwgwRAsFECY4C7YPiP0n6pWGcabhn9TjBxRgrm3rCHT5j1OpxJEIc9