1 2
_
_ Dork
2/9/20 4:03 p.m.

...And the hot Barista girl hangs out the window  to tell you "she loves your car". Then spends an inordinate amount of time talking about the car and it takes forever to get your coffee...

just here to gloat. Lol. Told The wife. She did not find that one amusing. 

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/9/20 4:59 p.m.

Shouldn't this be in the "First Word Problems" thread?     ;)

rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller HalfDork
2/9/20 5:53 p.m.

Just walk (drive) away. Nothing but trouble here. 

_
_ Dork
2/9/20 6:19 p.m.

In reply to secretariata :

Was hoping others would share. But we could complain I suppose. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/9/20 6:23 p.m.

Kid working the Chic-fil-a drive through last year stopped me to ask about my Miata & said he was hoping to save up & buy one. 

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
2/9/20 6:31 p.m.

She was just trying to find out what salon you worked at. cheeky

nimblemotorsports
nimblemotorsports Reader
2/9/20 6:41 p.m.

My wife tells me when she is filling up her Z4, she often gets guys coming over to tell her they like her car.   This never happens with her CRV.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/9/20 6:42 p.m.
ShawnG said:

She was just trying to find out what salon you worked at. cheeky

Zing!

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/9/20 6:46 p.m.

It used to happen fairly regularly with the Fiat.  Unfortunately it was sometimes followed up with asking if a girl usually drove it and wishing their dad was as cool as me.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/9/20 7:13 p.m.

One time back when I had the Javelin, I pulled into a gas station in the seedy part of town to look up something on my phone. Next thing I know, the passenger door opens and this pretty hot girl gets in the car, looks at me, and then says "I love your car". I said "Uhhh, thanks? Can I help you?" to which she replied that she give me a discount for a ride in it. That's when I figured out she was a "street worker"... surprise

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
2/9/20 7:26 p.m.

I usually just get old guys telling me they like it or my favorite question. What engines in it 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
2/9/20 8:16 p.m.

At my age and physique a smile to me from a younger lady makes my day.   

Yeah, I keep it inside and slowly process it in my head.  No reason to bother the wife with this trivial information.  

McDesign
McDesign New Reader
2/9/20 8:19 p.m.

In reply to _ :

My graying wife occasionally gets comments on my riced-out '91 Accord MPG commuter car, lowered and skirted and wheel-disked; custom graphics on the side that say "Low Drag".

"That your son's car?"

Also she gets occasional comments on our V-12 MB CL coupe, lowered and with black wheels and a carbon roof and some Brabus bits.

Before, if she was driving our charcoal 760 Turbo Volvo wagon db car, all the ipd goodies, and with Kicker amps and four 15s visibly taking up all the rear area.

She does like comments in the La Carrera '59 MB rally car - but only because it gets good mileage and can run on waste vegetable oil - mileage is her ONLY INTEREST in cars..

Thing is, she has absolutely NO INTEREST in cars - just rolls her eyes when she tells me.

Sweet gal and a great mom, tho'

Forrest

_
_ Dork
2/9/20 9:12 p.m.
Javelin said:

One time back when I had the Javelin, I pulled into a gas station in the seedy part of town to look up something on my phone. Next thing I know, the passenger door opens and this pretty hot girl gets in the car, looks at me, and then says "I love your car". I said "Uhhh, thanks? Can I help you?" to which she replied that she give me a discount for a ride in it. That's when I figured out she was a "street worker"... surprise

And then...

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/9/20 9:23 p.m.

One time a woman waking by when I was mowing the yard commented that she was really impressed with my mower and how quiet it was.

And, I guess, I could hear her clearly so I think she had a point...

#shethinksmytractorssexy

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
2/9/20 11:08 p.m.

I'm usually too oblivious to notice flirtation, not that it happens a lot, but when it does, or I suspect it, I'll tell SWMBO about it.  She'll say something like, "way to go babe," or "you still got it," usually followed by a high five.

I used to get comments about my Wrangler, but every soccer mom and their au pair drive a JK or JL Unlimited now, so no one cares about a rough around the edges TJ anymore.

Funny enough, the '05 Grand Marquis gets the most attention, and it's a stone stock maroon, GS, save for an aftermarket head unit.  There are a lot of cars on "dubs" around our neighborhood, so I guess folks see its potential.

The Golf TDI occasionally gets someone to holler, "hey man that's diesel!" when I'm filling up the fuel tank. 

Error404
Error404 Reader
2/9/20 11:10 p.m.

Had an older (relatively) woman holler out the window (to be heard) at a stoplight that she liked my mustang. I was surprised both that she liked my stripped out hunk o' and that all could hear her over the massive exhaust leaks.

The GTI gets regular head turning on the road and at gas stations, most peeps have never seen the color. A minitruck fan asked for the paint code to use on a build.

And neither is hard to find in a parking lot on the race track.

Torkel
Torkel Reader
2/10/20 1:40 a.m.

Ha! I got one better! Last time the Mrs and I was at this really nice SPA retreat we go to now and then, the bartender kept shamelessly flirting with me, telling me when the shift ended and tried to give me free glasses of wine. 

Unfortunately, it was a male bartender. I don't swing that way. My wife found it absolutely hilarious. 

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/10/20 5:36 a.m.

In reply to Torkel :

Well, you were at a SPA...with your "girlfriend".   ;)

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/10/20 5:42 a.m.
_ said:
Javelin said:

And then...

Amy?

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/10/20 6:02 a.m.
bigdaddylee82 said:The Golf TDI occasionally gets someone to holler, "hey man that's diesel!" when I'm filling up the fuel tank. 

In 20 years of RX-7 ownership, and many hundreds of thousands of miles and therefore fuel stops, I only got a comment ONCE about pulling a quart bottle out of the car and dumping it into the fuel tank.

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
2/10/20 8:38 a.m.

In the GTO, I've had a couple of people ask me which engine it had.

In the Trans Am, a buddies girlfriend kept thinking it was a Corvette.

The wagon has gotten a few compliments, mainly at the scrapyard. One guy asked how much power it had and I responded with, "Hell, maybe 250hp at the crank?" and he acted like it was a beast.

RealMiniNoMore
RealMiniNoMore PowerDork
2/10/20 8:50 a.m.
Robbie said:

One time a woman waking by when I was mowing the yard commented that she was really impressed with my mower and how quiet it was.

And, I guess, I could hear her clearly so I think she had a point...

#shethinksmytractorssexy

A woman walking by when I was laying down a fine pattern on my front lawn with the mower was quite impressed, as well. She asked me how much I charge for work like that. I told her, "The lady that lives here lets me sleep with her." 

The0retical
The0retical UberDork
2/10/20 9:02 a.m.

I get a fair number of comments along the lines of "I like your Subaru" when I'm driving the Mazdaspeed3. frown

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
2/10/20 9:22 a.m.

I married the girl that like my rusty, drafty, leaky 1967 Jeep Gladiator.

Unicorns do exist.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fe9kUj7pwZ0tKIdhZisyN2fN6CgswkbU041FNQbAHDXRitKM0en88oFxf79GHm0K