1 ... 3 4 5 6 7
TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte HalfDork
10/12/11 7:32 p.m.

mojo workin?

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
10/12/11 8:49 p.m.

cko is the blond girl from the anime movies projectako....and sacranoids are the very annoying type of side kick charaters that dont really have much use like the kid and the stupid monkey from speed racer. and then there is the less know type of sacranoids they have teeth and can kick your butt. I have been stuck with cko as a my muse for writing for years also and it sucks when your mind forms a muse that never seems to arounnd when you need them to get writing done.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy HalfDork
10/12/11 9:52 p.m.

My name is Andy, and I'm usually pretty happy, but I picked up the handle HappyAndy! at a moment when I was far from happy.

I was a disgruntled, ready to "go postal" Andy due to problems at a completely awful job. My crew leader didn't want the Joseph Stolin esque plant manager to know how disgruntled I really was. He told him "Andys not angry about anything, he's so happy I call him HappyAndy!" This happens furring a shift change, everyone on my crew and the incoming crew overheard the conversation, and that name stuck to me for a long time.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Reader
10/12/11 10:14 p.m.

I have a 1976 BMW 2002 with a '89 s14 BMW M3 engine. We call them M2s. I'm not a pilot.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/13/11 12:06 a.m.

Well, 'Boxhead' is English slang for a German (supposedly because some of us have fairly, err, angular heads) and I'm German (with a bit of Welsh-emigrated-to-Germany thrown in, but that's not really relevant).

Plus 'Tim' happens to be short for 'Timo', and that's my first name...

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/13/11 10:27 a.m.

I raced mountain bikes while I attended WVU. Hence WVU MounTaiNBiKeR.

My picture is my LeMons race car (My 78 malibu passing an integra around the outside).

nickel_dime
nickel_dime Dork
10/13/11 10:43 a.m.

I race a 510

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous Reader
10/13/11 10:53 a.m.

At bike week in Myrlte Beach in 2002 I saw a package of those bullet hole stickers that were popular at the time. The label on the bag had a Harley Davidson bar and shield on it with the name "Hardly Dangerous" printed over top. I figured it wouldn't be used so I took it... except the first place I tried to use it, (AOL instant messenger) it was taken so I dropped the first "a". The Avatar is my '54 Chevy with my dad sitting in it.

iceracer
iceracer SuperDork
10/13/11 10:55 a.m.

Because I did for years.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Dork
10/13/11 11:36 a.m.

Mine would have been Aiden Thompson, but my mom said no one would ever have heard the name Aiden, so they agreed on Adrian. This is the one time in my life I wish my dad had got his way.

In general I find anonymous user ID's really annoying as I think people are much more prone to BS when they are hidden. I'd much rather everyone's real name was their user ID, but it's somewhat unavoidable once internet users world wide top the first couple of hundred people.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
10/13/11 11:38 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: In general I find anonymous user ID's really annoying as I think people are much more prone to BS when they are hidden.

I completely agree with this.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill SuperDork
10/13/11 12:02 p.m.

car + name

chuckles
chuckles Reader
10/13/11 12:23 p.m.

My first name, which I don't use, is Charles. Some of my friends call me Chuck, but that was taken. The friend who thinks I'm funny...

Racer1ab
Racer1ab Reader
10/13/11 12:42 p.m.

I used to be drivesideways46 on the old board, because I had a 1996 Mustang GT that I wanted to prep for rally events. Everyone always thinks I'm a drifter when they read it.

Now, I'm Racer1ab, because a couple of shiny happy people in uber-expensive cars at a track day decided to be less than neighborly and tossed this insult my way. I'm the wannabe? I didn't show up at a track day dressed in a fire suit!

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
10/13/11 5:18 p.m.
belteshazzar
belteshazzar SuperDork
10/13/11 5:23 p.m.

my actual name is Daniel, but it doesn't make me sound like a terrorist.

mapper
mapper Reader
10/13/11 5:38 p.m.

mapper because I've been making maps since 1998.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/13/11 5:57 p.m.

My name is Huffington Aloysius Spoogemeier VII, I use John Brown so my name will stick out.

HalFastRacing was the name I inadvertently stole from Hal.

Quasi Mofo came from my idea of making a movie about a bellringer from Detroit who get named "Pimp of Fools" gets hooked up with a byotch who catches a 187 case and then brings him down with her.

Harold Thong is more of a visual theme.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon SuperDork
10/13/11 8:22 p.m.

Jensenman (the original) was from my love of that fairly obscure English marque. It's also sorta unique among t3h int3rweb users. Jensen by itself would have people wondering if I was really into low end car stereo.

Curmudgeon came about because I'm a grumpy middle aged fart.

John Brown was very proud of the Harold Thong moniker for quite a while.

jstein77
jstein77 Dork
10/13/11 8:41 p.m.

Um - my name and car number?

fasted58
fasted58 SuperDork
10/13/11 8:46 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: Curmudgeon vame about because I'm a grumpy middle aged fart.

Carmudgeon would be cool for this board

FlightService
FlightService Dork
10/13/11 8:49 p.m.

Jumped my truck over a train track and into an intersection. Hit the brakes, baked up to the stop sign and waited my turn.

Everyone waived me through

Just kind of evolved off of that day.

4eyes
4eyes HalfDork
10/15/11 9:35 p.m.

I had to wear glasses at the tender age of 8 years. Coincidentally I also got my first motorized transport that year, a Honda Z-50.

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
10/15/11 9:42 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: Mine would have been Aiden Thompson, but my mom said no one would ever have heard the name Aiden, so they agreed on Adrian. This is the one time in my life I wish my dad had got his way.

I worked with an Aiden... he was once the original drummer for Steppenwolf.

Jeff
Jeff Dork
10/15/11 10:48 p.m.

You'll have to ask Keith's Mom. Or maybe it's written in Wally's underpants.

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YI4v2TyfceaRS5JTWaAgOAR37kzk8VhpRrZO3uyXQHKzkHNw4isHbir5jspwuGMl