1 ... 4 5 6 7
Jeff
Jeff Dork
10/15/11 10:48 p.m.

You'll have to ask Keith's Mom. Or maybe it's written in Wally's underpants.

nicksta43
nicksta43 Reader
10/15/11 10:51 p.m.

A ex coworker always called me "the nickster" I shortened the er to a and 43 because Petty.

FlightService
FlightService Dork
10/16/11 7:09 a.m.
4eyes wrote: I had to wear glasses at the tender age of 8 years. Coincidentally I also got my first motorized transport that year, a Honda Z-50.

Z50s are uber-cool!

FlightService
FlightService Dork
10/16/11 7:09 a.m.
4eyes wrote: I had to wear glasses at the tender age of 8 years. Coincidentally I also got my first motorized transport that year, a Honda Z-50.

Z50s are uber-cool!

DrBoost
DrBoost SuperDork
10/16/11 8:19 a.m.

I was racing my GLH everywhere I could and I saw another nice turbo dodge with the lic plate "DrBost" I beat him in the race and took his name. I wanted to take his lady as the prize, but her mustache was thicker than mine.

darkbuddha
darkbuddha Reader
10/16/11 9:03 a.m.

First, while I am fat, I am not black. That seems to confuse folks the most about mine. It is actually a name bestowed upon me during a different time in my life when it was apropos for my lifestyle and philosophical outlook. It became my handle once the internet came around and I just haven't given it up. I still like the connotation and the reminder.

ScottRA21
ScottRA21 Reader
10/16/11 11:05 a.m.

My name is Scott.

I have an RA21 Celica.

Go figure :D

curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/16/11 12:18 p.m.

Mine came from when I signed up for Ebay a million years ago. I wanted curtis but it said it was taken so it suggested curtis73 which is my name and birth year. I've just used it for everything since.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
10/16/11 12:30 p.m.

My first Corrado was from Florida. I doubt it had ever been waxed by the original owner. Or parked with a roof over its head. The green paint is sun-fried. I'm a native rural southerner, one of the few "chick-flicks" I can stand is "Fried Green Tomatoes" (I can probably recall a real person for every personality type in that film ).

And they're good with beer.

http://southernfood.about.com/od/greentomatoes/r/bl10712a.htm

Fit_Is_Slo
Fit_Is_Slo Reader
10/16/11 1:59 p.m.

I drive a Fit... It is slow!

Original inspiration

spnx
spnx New Reader
10/16/11 2:53 p.m.

spnx =

1962 Daimler SP250

1992 Nissan NX2000 (turbo)

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero HalfDork
10/17/11 6:59 a.m.

Anime . . . Specifically Gundam. Two different ones, Strike Freedom and Wing Zero . . . you should get the rest.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/17/11 8:37 a.m.

At the dawn of the internet, I worked for a company that made valves, specifically, valves that were pinched closed as opposed to using a gate or ball.

(this one uses air pressure, others use a mechanism)

It was unique and no one else ever uses it so it stuck.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Dork
10/17/11 8:52 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote: At the dawn of the internet, I worked for a company that made valves, specifically, valves that were pinched closed as opposed to using a gate or ball. (this one uses air pressure, others use a mechanism) It was unique and no one else ever uses it so it stuck.

Wow, you learn something new every day. So sorry, I had no idea, with the general potty humor so prevalent amongst grown men and cars I always assumed it was a sphincter reference. embarrassed

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
10/17/11 8:57 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote: At the dawn of the internet, I worked for a company that made valves, specifically, valves that were pinched closed as opposed to using a gate or ball. (this one uses air pressure, others use a mechanism) It was unique and no one else ever uses it so it stuck.

Just curious - What company was that?

Luke
Luke SuperDork
10/17/11 9:02 a.m.

On another car forum, (which I don't much frequent anymore), I go by 'all torque'. I think that one is kinda clever/apt the first time you hear it, then less so each subsequent time.

Sky_Render
Sky_Render New Reader
10/17/11 9:42 a.m.

I named my car "Sky Render" after a mythical sword from an old RPG. One Internet to whoever knows what it is.

I am also known as "Dusty Duster" on other forums, because I used to own a turbocharged Plymouth Duster named Dusty. But Dusty has been adopted by another turbo Dodge fanatic. At least he's in a good home.

Klayfish
Klayfish HalfDork
10/17/11 11:57 a.m.

Combination of my last name and my wife's maiden name.

NGTD
NGTD Dork
10/17/11 12:01 p.m.

It was after the car I had at the time (that I no longer have). I first used on VW Vortex - I started off with Golf Turbo Diesel and added the N because I live in Northern Ontario.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA HalfDork
10/17/11 12:14 p.m.

Many iterations of this bulletin board ago, there was a time when Jerry Stein (jstein77) and I both used "Jerry" as a user ID. That was possible because there was no formal registering process (the mind is foggy on this point).

There were a couple of small confusing instances so I changed to Jerry From LA so folks could tell the difference between Jerry Stein from Florida and myself. Mr Stein was an earlier contributor than I so I thought it was appropriate for me to change my ID but we both ended up doing so. I also posted as "JD From LA" on saabnet.com

Not too exotic but that's the story and I'm sticking with it.

PS122
PS122 GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/17/11 12:26 p.m.

PS122 was the special order code for the 1000 (or so) Starsky & Hutch Gran Torinos that Ford built in 1976. I own one and figured the order code was esoteric enough that no one else would have already chosen it.

scardeal
scardeal HalfDork
10/17/11 2:31 p.m.

Hrm. What do I want to make up about my username?

I know, it's an acronym!
Santa
Claus:
A
Robot
Defender
Every
American
Loves

Hal
Hal Dork
10/17/11 3:10 p.m.

I'm not smart enough to figure out one of those fancy ID's. So I just use the one I have had since I was 3 weeks old.

fasted58
fasted58 SuperDork
10/17/11 11:07 p.m.

you might wanna check out advertiser playground first if you are peddling here

Grizz
Grizz HalfDork
10/17/11 11:19 p.m.

I'm not sure

1 ... 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9pczKzOESqIAYBb8ZCB7mbXjIDYTvykYCkD1Z8Oi8Sgo0TSNN2U8AnNlafwgoCDq