1 2 3
fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo GRM+ Memberand None
5/12/08 5:21 p.m.

Interesting "feature" to say the least.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/12/08 5:32 p.m.

That one may end up resigned to the "nice idea, too bad it didn't work" file. It came about because of the member list and wanting a way to show GRM folks more on on GRM and Classic folks more on Classic, among other reasons.

fiat22turbo
5/12/08 5:41 p.m.

Yeah, too bad. Seems like you'd have to have a parent site for everyone to be members on and the two subsites gather information from there. So Motorsports Marketing with GRM and CM as child sites, then things like Maps, reader's rides, etc could be shared or split depending on how the data is tagged.

It really has been weird not having the CM folks around. Too be honest I'd sort of forgotten about them after their forum moved until there was a mention of one of the project cars or I saw a magazine on the shelf. Of course the recent Fiat/Ferrari article got my Fiat buddies all riled up since they despised the color scheme of the car chosen compared to the Ferrari. Oh well.

Good luck!

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/12/08 5:54 p.m.

Actually, that's pretty much the setup we DO have.

fiat22turbo
5/12/08 6:16 p.m.

Really? It seems that to get around this, you'd have to have a central site MM where the profiles lived and were changed, saved, etc so to edit your profile, you'd be directed to a MM website. Then the map would draw the info from MM, not CM or GRM.

I dunno, maybe I'm not understanding it properly. I don't think it is a huge issue, since like you said its just a nice feature and with all of the other features added on this new site, people may or may not use it much anyway.

You're kicking butt on this site anyway! Keep up the good work.

Stefan

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/12/08 7:24 p.m.

Ah, to heck with it... the map shows ALL users from both sites, until I figure out a better way to handle it.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand None
5/12/08 7:44 p.m.

[quote]Ah, to heck with it... the map shows ALL users from both sites, until I figure out a better way to handle it. [/quote]

I hate to be the fly in the ointment, but I still have the same map. Do you have a link to the new map? :nice:

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/12/08 7:50 p.m.

Are you still seeing that same map with just two people on it?

EastCoastMojo
5/12/08 8:15 p.m.

yep

IE7 on XP, now on my home poot instead of my work poot, which also has IE7/XP

Hey, I see a link to send a PM, but I don't see a place to check messages. Am I missing it? No rush, as I never get messages anyway :nice:

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/12/08 8:28 p.m.

Anybody else seeing that? If so, any javascript errors?

EastCoastMojo
5/12/08 8:31 p.m.

I am not smart enuff to use dat quote function :whatthe:

Wowak
Wowak None
5/12/08 8:33 p.m.

I still see the map with 2 people on it.

EastCoastMojo
5/12/08 8:35 p.m.

Sweet! I got an e-mail with my test message. I still don't see it anywhere on the forum, but that's OK. I think I would rather get PM's in my e-mail box anyway. :grin:

On another note, this looks a bit wonky:

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand None
5/12/08 11:49 p.m.

How could someone of my lack of computer ability make it work on the first try?

Wowak
Wowak None
5/12/08 11:54 p.m.

Wally, we all know you are magical.

Wowak
Wowak None
5/12/08 11:57 p.m.

Also now that I'm home and using Firefox, I see the map correctly.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua None
5/13/08 6:40 a.m.

Im on the map! Still gunning for a shortest drive award!

nasaregistrar
nasaregistrar
5/13/08 6:59 a.m.

Wow...

I got an invite..

I will look around later but the first thing I notice is that honking left side column! Dayum

grtechguy
grtechguy None
5/13/08 11:14 a.m.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/13/08 7:25 p.m.

Holy crap! The map is insane! :omg:

I likes it! :grin:

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/14/08 8:11 a.m.

Rennerdale, PA didn't show up on the map, so I had to change my hometown. Why would a metropolis with a population of nearly 135 people not be on Google Maps? Sure, we don't actually have a post office, and we are not a "town" per se or a municipality of any sort, just a small corner of a larger Township, but I feel slighted. Tim, can you please re-program Google please? :grin:

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/14/08 8:25 a.m.

It's about to be removed from the actual map, oops, I mean it was never here. Continue on uninterupted to Shelbyville.

Salanis
Salanis HalfDork
5/19/08 12:03 p.m.

Hmm... some of the names on the map, in my area, don't seem to have corresponding entries in the community section.

There's a name that sound like one of my old friends from highschool, and I wanted to shoot him a PM, but have no valid screen name to send it to.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/19/08 12:05 p.m.

Salanis, check the Classic Motorsports community section. http://classicmotorsports.net/members/

I'll see what I can do about making the names link to their profile. That'd be nice.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
5/19/08 12:09 p.m.

I live 2 hollows north of Boggy Bottom, just east of Cochran Short Route from Bond's Swamp. We don't have street addresses here, let alone zip codes.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GdM6qqAZLurSomdbGj6bKS6cKtw9gMVbLGp6ZvVJtKPSeF8U4WFsmW5bjYBKCZ3l