1 2
Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
3/15/12 10:09 a.m.
Cotton wrote: Sucks....Tom was cool.

Tom still is cooler than a cucumber, he's just being cool somewhere else these days.

and that Miata is one of the most fun cars I've ever driven. Some very lucky person is going to get one hell of a car. Think around $10K or so. Pretty cheap for a 94 R model with the FM goodies!

mndsm
mndsm UberDork
3/15/12 10:10 a.m.

Seems so sudden. Generally when a valued member of a community like this bails, there's a whole "We'll miss you" thread and whatnot. Hopefully the parting was amicable if nothing else.

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Associate Editor
3/15/12 10:11 a.m.

Joe nailed it on all counts.

Cotton
Cotton Dork
3/15/12 10:17 a.m.
mndsm wrote: Seems so sudden. Generally when a valued member of a community like this bails, there's a whole "We'll miss you" thread and whatnot. Hopefully the parting was amicable if nothing else.

I was thinking the same thing. Tom was pretty active on the forums, so it struck me as odd there wasn't a goodbye thread or anything. Pretty sure there was when Baxter left.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
3/15/12 11:06 a.m.

Tom was my hang out dude at the Mitty and Petit. I wish him the best . . .

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/15/12 11:38 a.m.

Good bye Tom, we'll miss you!

Stop by and say "Hey" if you get the chance!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/15/12 1:05 p.m.

i heart you, tom. we enjoyed many laughs at the challenge and the mitty over the years. i hope you still come around. best wishes for wherever / whatever / whoever you do.

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
3/15/12 1:36 p.m.

Tom is now employed as VP of fun at Hong Norr Enterprises. It doesn't pay much, but it's a very 'relaxed' work environment.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
3/15/12 1:40 p.m.

In reply to poopshovel:

I lol'd

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
3/15/12 1:44 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Tom is now employed as VP of fun at Hong Norr Enterprises. It doesn't pay much, but it's a very 'relaxed' work environment.

Does he have a cohort named Jean Ralphio?

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
3/15/12 2:15 p.m.
Step one: We buy into this club. Step two: We roll over to the club, either in your Mercedes-Benz or my pre-owned Acura Legend. Step three: I dagger you on the dancefloor. Just bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce
Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
3/15/12 8:10 p.m.

In reply to poopshovel:

Eeeewww.

Tom, tell me that ain't how you roll and sorry to see you go!

ArtistformerlyknownasTomHeath
ArtistformerlyknownasTomHeath New Reader
3/19/12 1:19 p.m.

Thanks for the concern and well wishes. I'd have responded sooner, but I was on the road until pretty recently and only have current logon information on my laptop, so Facebook gets the updates.

My time with Motorsport Marketing was very literally a dream come true, so I greatly value the opportunity I had to work there. I'll will continue to lurk as I have time, but looking for work and getting some much needed training takes time, so it's unlikely that I'll be terribly active in the community. (Especially since I seem to have lost my identity in the divorce. )

I'm struggling to keep the Miata, but fiscal realities mean that it is for sale to the right buyer. Cheap, too, if you're in a hurry. PM for details.

My only goal over the next few years is to get my kids through college, so if my career continues on the vector it's currently on, it's unlikely you'll hear much from me for a while. It's not because I don't love you, it's because my priorities are different. There's gonna be a "Heath" with a college degree this time, dammit.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
3/19/12 1:24 p.m.

Glad to hear from you. Wishing you success with all your future endevors.

FlightService
FlightService SuperDork
3/19/12 1:26 p.m.
ArtistformerlyknownasTomHeath wrote: Thanks for the concern and well wishes. I'd have responded sooner, but I was on the road until pretty recently and only have current logon information on my laptop, so Facebook gets the updates. My time with Motorsport Marketing was very literally a dream come true, so I greatly value the opportunity I had to work there. I'll will continue to lurk as I have time, but looking for work and getting some much needed training takes time, so it's unlikely that I'll be terribly active in the community. (Especially since I seem to have lost my identity in the divorce. ) I'm struggling to keep the Miata, but fiscal realities mean that it is for sale to the right buyer. Cheap, too, if you're in a hurry. PM for details. My only goal over the next few years is to get my kids through college, so if my career continues on the vector it's currently on, it's unlikely you'll hear much from me for a while. It's not because I don't love you, it's because my priorities are different. There's gonna be a "Heath" with a college degree this time, dammit.

Wish you well man, good luck

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/19/12 1:32 p.m.

We'll be thinking about you dude. Best of luck!

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
3/19/12 1:39 p.m.

Cheering for ya, dude! Give us a yell every once in awhile..

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/19/12 1:52 p.m.

Good luck and keep us up to date.

Lesley
Lesley UberDork
3/19/12 1:54 p.m.

Best of luck!

Grtechguy
Grtechguy PowerDork
3/19/12 3:05 p.m.

Best wishes and remember, there's always a positive in everything. you just have to find it. Even if it's a yugo.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde Dork
3/19/12 3:19 p.m.

http://t.qkme.me/6wbd.jpg

NSFW Waldo Meme

Good Luck Tom! Sometimes having real priorities sucks in the short term, but it usually pays off in the long run.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Pf1mrwLNoMrIwJBErcrnMy5QRXGVnvnEtKTXRL2GoqZhDucNzEJ2k2oQXLQ9EOy9