grtechguy
grtechguy Dork
5/26/08 7:07 p.m.

Just a snapshot of this days activities.

neon4891
neon4891 Reader
5/26/08 7:10 p.m.

Do cats play fetch also?

seann
seann New Reader
5/26/08 7:16 p.m.

I had a neighbor whose cat would play catch with cigarette packs.

porksboy
porksboy HalfDork
5/26/08 8:06 p.m.

I had a cat that would retrieve wadded balls of paper.

Carson
Carson Reader
5/26/08 11:02 p.m.

I have a cat that will fetch, he also plays with water and loves the shower. It's strange. He'll get into the shower and meow until someone turns it on.

Dwight Varnes
Dwight Varnes SuperDork
5/27/08 5:20 a.m.

My wife and I have a saying...when a dog does something that dogs shouldn't normally do, and people ask how, we say "Because nobody told them they couldn't." Imagine the trouble we'd all be in if they had opposable thumbs. :omg:

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/27/08 8:38 a.m.

I know how much trouble my bird can get into.. and they sort of have opposable thumbs. I could not imagine a dog.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
5/27/08 8:58 a.m.

I had a cat that fetched stick. I had a dog (shit head) that climbed trees, but only after cats.

16vCorey
16vCorey Dork
5/27/08 11:10 a.m.
porksboy wrote: I had a cat that would retrieve wadded balls of paper.

Me too. If you wadded up a piece of paper, he would come running no matter where he was. If you threw away a piece of paper, he would get it out of the trash can and bring it back to you. Weird cat.

Duke
Duke Dork
5/27/08 12:26 p.m.
grtechguy wrote: Just a snapshot of this days activities.

Hey, I'm offering this purely for your information and with no disrespect intended:

Tree's in your thread title is plural and should not have an apostrophe before the s.

days in your sentence above is possessive, and should have an apostrophe before the s.

Honestly, not trying to criticize in any way - just trying to improve written communication.

grtechguy
grtechguy Dork
5/27/08 2:59 p.m.
Duke wrote:
grtechguy wrote: Just a snapshot of this days activities.
Hey, I'm offering this purely for your information and with no disrespect intended: Tree's in your thread title is plural and should not have an apostrophe before the s. days in your sentence above is possessive, and should have an apostrophe before the s. Honestly, not trying to criticize in any way - just trying to improve written communication.

Sorry, I may have been typing while slightly intoxicated.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/27/08 6:43 p.m.

TUI? Excuse me sir, please step away from the keyboard

Duke
Duke Dork
5/28/08 7:25 a.m.
grtechguy wrote: Sorry, I may have been typing while slightly intoxicated.

Heh, heh, heh. :grin:

Honestly, the only reason I said anything is that I happen to be reading Eats, Shoots, and Leaves at the moment and your post included both common types of apostrophe mistakes. I guess I'm a closet teacher. :whatthe:

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GRIJ1zPIUjKbm3Ua1DQemhfyDRaneTVyY9m97MbnbJn5RLoQ80bgEZOuV89VOMTA