z31maniac
z31maniac SuperDork
2/2/12 9:38 p.m.

She'll be using it for work, so with the write-off cost isn't an issue, is their a better Android tablet she should be considering?

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
2/2/12 11:45 p.m.

Transformer? You mean like this?

donalson
donalson SuperDork
2/2/12 11:52 p.m.

wife is wanting a tablet also so been looking a bit...

read some reviews and it's among the best android tablets out there... the dock also adds more battery which is pretty awesome...

might also check out the Acer Iconia Tab W500 a tablet with win7 and comes with the keyboard dock...

sobe_death
sobe_death Reader
2/3/12 4:51 a.m.

I don't think there is any better Android tablet out there right now. When I was shopping for one, I couldn't find a single tablet that I could handle in store that I liked, so I took a gamble on the Transformer. It does very well IN SPITE OF Android, has rediculously long battery life (even more so if you get the optional keyboard). My only gripe was that there is no USB port on the tablet itself.

I sold it recently to aid in buying the new Transformer Prime, which is even better. Still no USB port, though I'll be able to port Windows 8 onto it in the future thanks to the Tegra processor

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
2/3/12 6:54 a.m.

I like the idea of the transformer with the keyboard dock A LOT. It's sort of on my list of toys to buy

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
2/3/12 8:35 a.m.

That keyboard dock sounds great. That's the biggest thing I've wished for over and over again with a tablet. Yea, I know I can do the USB keyboard, but that's clumsy and seperate.

A snap apart tablet/laptop PC sounds like the best of all worlds.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iz9mnSo2fyHoKroXjb3iOyyDAtburJFjZzEqY6EuXo3Fmssbf8g2ix4iMBq1DWco