pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/25/11 2:35 p.m.

"The World's Fastest Indian" was on HD net this week so I finally caught this flick. Man was it good. (My wife left the room after I pointed out the same black wagon used in the background of four scenes and the same yellow truck used in three.) Wish they talked more about what he did to make the Indian so fast, but I am sure it involved Megasquirt.

ansonivan
ansonivan HalfDork
1/25/11 2:39 p.m.

I think the only megasquirt going on in that movie involved Burt and his special lady friends

pilotbraden
pilotbraden HalfDork
1/25/11 2:52 p.m.

In reply to ansonivan:

Don't forget his lemon tree. Even the neighbor kid squirted on it.

failboat
failboat Reader
1/25/11 3:40 p.m.

I "forced" my fiance to watch this movie once when we caught it on tv. In the end she came around and did admit that it was a very good movie.

chuckles
chuckles Reader
1/25/11 3:44 p.m.

Favorite line:

"Mister is that a rocket ship?""

"I hope so."

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
1/25/11 4:24 p.m.

I love, love, love that movie.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
1/25/11 5:10 p.m.

I gotta make my girlfriend watch that movie

Marty!
Marty! Dork
1/25/11 6:20 p.m.

Agreed, awesome and very underrated.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid Reader
1/25/11 6:41 p.m.

It's an awesome movie. I had no urge to see it and one night it came on HBO, boom, hooked.

I wish there were more motorsports movies produced like this nowadays.

TuffWork
TuffWork New Reader
1/25/11 6:50 p.m.

looks cool. Just put it on my netflix instant. Will watch and get back to you guys tonight. I've had one of the worst days I've had in a while. Hopefully this will pep it up.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon SuperDork
1/25/11 7:20 p.m.

That is one of my all time favorite movies. Every so often, I break it out for some never-give-up inspiration. One of the funniest parts to me was when the neighbor's wife came to get her knife back and it was in his toolbox. I used to occasionally swipe kitchen knives and scissors etc as tools, used to piss my mom off to no end.

He had more busted up parts than me. 'Offerings to the God of Speed'.

jlm_photo
jlm_photo Reader
1/25/11 9:37 p.m.

I really enjoyed that movie. I have it saved on Netflix instant also. I need to buy it though....off to amazon...

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
1/26/11 6:31 a.m.
TuffWork wrote: Not to mention 160 with the girl on the back!

Risking your own life is fine. Risking someone else's is not cool. $.02

alfadriver
alfadriver SuperDork
1/26/11 6:41 a.m.

In reply to TuffWork:

The flip two cents are to go to Bonneville, and really find out.

www.scta-bni.org

Maybe I'll see you this year?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/26/11 7:42 a.m.

"Spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch..."

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
1/26/11 8:13 a.m.
Woody wrote: "Spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch..."

I have to do that every morning before I leave for work.

pilotbraden
pilotbraden HalfDork
1/26/11 9:03 a.m.

Watch the documentary in the extra features part of the dvd. I like it more than the hollywood movie.

TuffWork
TuffWork New Reader
1/26/11 1:01 p.m.

Great movie. Thanks for the recommendation.

As for going to bonneville: I would love to but that's just not gonna be in the budget for a few years. That's one of those that's part of the bucket list. It's a personal goal of mine to pilot something with wheels above 200mph. However, that'll never happen unless I get to bonneville.

PS I deleted my previous post as it was stupid. I will avoid posting when under the effects of sleeping pills from now on. I just barely realized I was even on here last night! I'm not that arrogant in real life. Just in my dreams.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/27/11 12:41 p.m.

The book about Bert is phenomenal. The guy used to make con rods out of old bull dozer treads. I highly recommend it.

One Good Run: The Legend of Bert Munro

The movie blows me away. Every time. I read that Bert's family was on set one day when Anthony Hopkins was having "a good Bert day". The family was brought to tears watching Hopkins in character.

An absolutely over looked gear head film.

Speaking of dates...the second date I went on usually involved me inviting chicks over for dinner and two movies. One they chose and this one. If they couldn't sit through it...there wasn't a 3rd date. The wife watched this one and then watched "Dust To Glory" with me. No more applicants need apply. The position has been filled.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qH8PAJsPLnLFN0IXa2a4jsUwUHFOf992N1hEaDjPYtvfK2S33muq9CIe9Q9r9Syq