1 2 3 4
poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
7/14/19 1:06 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

I used to be OCD about keeping cars clean and dent-free, parking in the back-40, etc. I got over that at some point (likely after having kids.) 

That said, I’ve seen what you’re talking about before; Person “A” parks nice, shiny car in the back 40. Person “B” parks heap of E36 M3 next to it just to be a dick.

Person “B” may find this hilarious and quib “What are they gonna do? Scratch my paint? HAR HAR!”

*I’ve* never done it, but I’m told that “removing” a windshield with the gentle flick of a tiny chunk of broken spark plug insulator is oddly satisfying. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/14/19 1:37 p.m.

In reply to poopshovel again :

If there's no dings on my car, ain't no problem.  Dicks gonna dick.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/14/19 1:44 p.m.

I had that happen multiple times in my 135, I would park way out, like 15-20 spaces from the next closest car. I came out multiple times to "bro trucks" parked in the spots on both sides, even though there was plenty of closer parking.

Knurled.
7/14/19 1:52 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

If they are lifted high enough, it's really easy to roll under and pop the linkage off of the transmission.\

I'm not suggesting that you do any permanent damage like loosening the drain plug until it's only a half turn in so that it falls out down the road and they don't realize the engine has no oil until it locks up.  That's a d move.

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
7/14/19 1:58 p.m.
Knurled. said:

In reply to z31maniac :

If they are lifted high enough, it's really easy to roll under and pop the linkage off of the transmission.\

I'm not suggesting that you do any permanent damage like loosening the drain plug until it's only a half turn in so that it falls out down the road and they don't realize the engine has no oil until it locks up.  That's a d move.

Wait...loose drain plugs!? SIR: Are you currently, or have you ever been employed by HENNESSY HONDA OF WOODSTOCK!?!?!?

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/14/19 2:02 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Nah, I'm not one to damage someone's vehicle. 

I'm always reminded of the scene in Pulp Fiction where he talks about his car getting keyed.

"Never berkeley with a man's automobile."

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/14/19 2:03 p.m.
Knurled. said:

OTOH some people just like to fark with you.  I usually park out in the middle of nowhere.  I've come out to an otherwise wmpty parking lot with someone parked right up next to me.  One time with a big glob of chewing gum on my hood.  It's like some people get incensed that anyone would care enough about their car to walk 100 yards to the building.

Are they incensed, or are they making fun of you for caring so deeply about your car?  

A wad of gum is hilarious.

Knurled.
7/14/19 4:30 p.m.
z31maniac said:

In reply to Knurled. :

Nah, I'm not one to damage someone's vehicle. 

I'm always reminded of the scene in Pulp Fiction where he talks about his car getting keyed.

"Never berkeley with a man's automobile."

And that is the other reason why I prefer to park in the middle of nowhere.  Not only does it reduce my chances of a ding, but imagine parking next to someone who just received a fresh scuff or dent by the person who just vacated the spot you took... and maybe they aren't as objectionable to automotive vigilantism.

Knurled.
7/14/19 4:31 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
Knurled. said:

OTOH some people just like to fark with you.  I usually park out in the middle of nowhere.  I've come out to an otherwise wmpty parking lot with someone parked right up next to me.  One time with a big glob of chewing gum on my hood.  It's like some people get incensed that anyone would care enough about their car to walk 100 yards to the building.

Are they incensed, or are they making fun of you for caring so deeply about your car?  

It's also vandalism.  That stuff can wreck clearcoat.

See what Vincent and Jules were saying.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
7/14/19 4:42 p.m.
Knurled. said:
Streetwiseguy said:
Knurled. said:

It's also vandalism.  That stuff can wreck clearcoat.

See what Vincent and Jules were saying.

I left our old 03 Mach 1 in long term airport parking.  Just parked in a normal spot,  didn’t do anything weird,   but when we got back there was a big wad of gum on the drivers door.  This was in the middle of summer and we were gone for over a week,  so by that time it was baked on pretty good.  It did damage the clearcoat and I didn’t think it was funny.  I’ve used a parking service ever since,  but I would have loved to have caught that person in the act.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TIeH73IRpLIJtVf6esJJ7wFxz73NDJBN9nVsU8gAoXbUwHv5YL9BFFhdC9DN2ATB