1 2 3 4
Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/16/17 8:23 p.m.

In reply to vwcorvette:

In collage we used to go there regular, a girl I hung out with lived right off 111 a bit north of there.

For the people listening along Yacht Rock is moving to channel 70 tomorrow.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
8/16/17 8:37 p.m.

This thread is disturbing. Like. Disturbing.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
8/21/17 8:58 a.m.

So, my wife informed me that she signed us up for Slacker Radio Premium, so I was checking it out yesterday. To my delight, there's a Yacht Rock station!

We went for a drive yesterday and listened to this ridiculous station. She passed out in the car for a nice afternoon nap while I was pining for the car to magically transform into a 1981 bustleback Seville.

So, what was playing on the station? You got some good stuff like Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, Christopher Cross, Hall & Oates, Toto and Steely Dan, but you also got plenty of stuff I didn't like (Little River Band, James Taylor, and some other one-off garbage). I was, however, treated to the still-creepy-as-hell Benny Mardones malaise classic Into The Night. You know, the one that starts off with the line "She's just 16 years old. Leave her alone."

All in all, I felt like I was a little kid again, being carted around in my parents' 1986 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Brougham while listening to this stuff.

Fueled by Caffeine
8/21/17 8:59 a.m.

In reply to Tony Sestito:

Liar. Hall and Oates is not good. Never was.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/21/17 9:10 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine wrote: In reply to Tony Sestito: Liar. Hall and Oates is not good. Never was.

Mostly I agree with you on that point, but there are a couple good ones on Abandoned Luncheonette that stop them from being irredeemable.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
8/21/17 9:39 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine wrote: In reply to Tony Sestito: Liar. Hall and Oates is not good. Never was.

Anyone who endorses a Fiero is good by me.

Fueled by Caffeine
8/21/17 10:08 a.m.

In reply to Tony Sestito:

That picture makes me feel unclean.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/21/17 3:57 p.m.

You couldn't be more wrong.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltraDork
8/22/17 6:20 a.m.

My wife's aunt and uncle came over for dinner last night, on their way to the shore for a vacation. Her aunt said something about renting a sailboat, and I started singing "Sailing". She actually got the Christopher Cross reference, and laughed when I said "Yacht Rock".

Fueled by Caffeine
8/22/17 7:18 a.m.

In reply to Wall-e:

You are dead to me.

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
8/23/17 8:29 a.m.

As I mentioned before, I'll flip to this channel sometimes on my commute. I heard something the other day that I probably hadn't heard in 30 years. Feels So Good, by Chuck Mangione. My father was a big time trumpet player, and I must have heard that song 10,000 times in my youth...and played it many times too (or at least as good as a 10 year old can). But I can't remember the last time I heard it was.

If you don't know the song, go Google it...it'll stick in your head for a long time. So smooooooooooth. You're welcome.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CFatgnvY9M5i3yp9IZRlOEv1ldbvixMROjjMaRUmlvWFnCk7wP3IVxv5rus3OJ3W