pheller
pheller PowerDork
2/27/17 4:08 p.m.

Actually you can't run from our new robotic overlords.

Boston Dynamics at it again:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/-7xvqQeoA8c

15 miles on a single charge and untethered.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/27/17 4:11 p.m.

There goes the future of the X-Games...

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock UltimaDork
2/27/17 4:12 p.m.

So is that just a bad ass remote control it is it running autonomously?

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/27/17 4:17 p.m.

It's like some bizarre offspring of a Terminator and the Wheelers from the Wizard of Oz movie...

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
2/27/17 4:25 p.m.

well that changes everything don't it

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/27/17 7:41 p.m.

The Terminator is now a documentary.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 UltraDork
2/27/17 9:18 p.m.

I've gone down stairs like that in the winter outside. Only I wasn't as graceful and there were far more f-bombs spoken.

Rufledt
Rufledt UberDork
2/27/17 9:31 p.m.

I wonder how these people sleep at night knowing that they are contributing to the future robot takeover of humanity!

I for one welcome our new robot overlords.

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo MegaDork
2/27/17 10:18 p.m.

No kick test in a Boston Dynamics video? Well, there's the weak point.

sesto elemento
sesto elemento SuperDork
2/27/17 10:43 p.m.

My initial reaction is a desire to shoot it with an rpg. Cool tech but if that thing figures out the degree to which people can be shiny happy people, it's gonna try and kill us all and likely succeed.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
2/27/17 11:46 p.m.

Is it my imagination, or does that thing look like it wants to mate with anything that crosses it's path??

daeman
daeman Dork
2/27/17 11:51 p.m.

Oh cool, another nail in the coffin of humanity....

I guess our extinction has to happen sooner or later, we may as well help speed it up.

Jay
Jay UltraDork
2/28/17 1:27 a.m.

You guys can get extincted in your meat bodies if you want, I'm joining in as soon as uploads are a thing.

SVreX wrote: Is it my imagination, or does that thing look like it wants to mate with anything that crosses it's path??

I'd tap that.

lrrs
lrrs Reader
2/28/17 5:36 a.m.
BrokenYugo wrote: No kick test in a Boston Dynamics video? Well, there's the weak point.

I was hoping to see it turn around and go back up the hill and stairs. It didn't, I assume they're still working on that.

edizzle89
edizzle89 Dork
2/28/17 7:58 a.m.

the ending of that video reminds me of the movie 'short circuit'

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
2/28/17 8:09 a.m.

In reply to edizzle89:

I knew I recognized that pose!

I think this is awesome. I wish they had some upstairs video. I am sure it can do it but it is likely pretty slow. I can already see this rolling up to my door with my Amazon package (that is too big to be delivered by Drone).

WilD
WilD HalfDork
2/28/17 8:30 a.m.

When the robots come, always flee uphill... or maybe that's what they want us to do.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
2/28/17 10:27 a.m.

I don't fear for humanity. The hardware is impressive and improving, but if the two Alexa's are any indication, AI isn't a threat. Just rick roll it and it will be stuck in a loop long enough to escape.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/28/17 10:52 a.m.

So, how many “Fight for Fifteen” posters can it securely and precisely hang per minute…40…50…I don’t know, what do you guys think?

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
2/28/17 11:28 a.m.

Do you want Skynet? Because this is how you get Skynet.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
2/28/17 11:37 a.m.
Flight Service wrote: Do you want Skynet? Because this is how you get Skynet.

Skynet is definitely a possibility. But also remember so is the movie 'A.I Artificial Intelligence' version of the future. And it that movie there were Gigolo Jane and Gigolo Joe robots.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/28/17 11:46 a.m.
Brian wrote: I don't fear for humanity. The hardware is impressive and improving, but if the two Alexa's are any indication, AI isn't a threat. Just rick roll it and it will be stuck in a loop long enough to escape.

On a more serious note we should be more worried about the people in charge of robots/AI than robots or AI themselves...

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
2/28/17 12:19 p.m.

Somebody will GRM build one w/ an old Segway, pick n pull parts, 3D printer, ebay electronics and YouTube how-to videos... for under Challenge money.

It's only a matter of time.

You know you're thinkin' that.

PeteD
PeteD GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/28/17 2:22 p.m.
edizzle89 wrote: the ending of that video reminds me of the movie 'short circuit'

No disassemble!

Brian
Brian MegaDork
2/28/17 2:41 p.m.
PeteD wrote:
edizzle89 wrote: the ending of that video reminds me of the movie 'short circuit'
No disassemble!

Johnny 5, is, ALIVE!

Or "Holy E36 M3!" "No E36 M3, where see E36 M3?"

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0zmfrL8zfIEIE5SYFXGe6HQz7HsjL3ALYO4qsXgEruJ5hiuNcviBfX4a0b1xBqVQ