1 2 3 4
kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
5/26/20 4:55 p.m.
NickD said:

I had one the other night. I posted it in the Minor Confession thread because I couldn't find this thread. But I'll put it here, because it was a real gem.

I had a dream last night where somebody had hired Samuel L Jackson to tail me and spy on me. But he was not particularly great at it because A) I kept catching sight of him out of the corner of my eye and B) anytime I saw him he was dressed up as a different character from a film he had been in. Once he was Nick Fury, another time he was The Octopus from The Spirit, another time he was Mace Windu. And then at the end, he apologized to me and said he was going after the people who had hired him to spy on me. I never did learn who they were or why anyone would want to keep tabs on me.

Huh, got this email today, wonder if it's related:

To:  The other Illuminati

RE:  Nickd

It would appear he's on to us.  I, for one, thought Samuel L. Jackson was a poor choice from the beginning.  Now I'm afraid he's going to feel the need to "waste all these motherberkeleyers".  The good news is Nickd appears to think it's a dream.  

In the future, if we chose to again use the services of one Mr. Jackson, a "no costumes" rule should be strictly enforced.  

Well, back to massive global plots.  Hope all is well.

Regards,

"El queso grande"  

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
5/26/20 5:06 p.m.
kazoospec said:
NickD said:

I had one the other night. I posted it in the Minor Confession thread because I couldn't find this thread. But I'll put it here, because it was a real gem.

I had a dream last night where somebody had hired Samuel L Jackson to tail me and spy on me. But he was not particularly great at it because A) I kept catching sight of him out of the corner of my eye and B) anytime I saw him he was dressed up as a different character from a film he had been in. Once he was Nick Fury, another time he was The Octopus from The Spirit, another time he was Mace Windu. And then at the end, he apologized to me and said he was going after the people who had hired him to spy on me. I never did learn who they were or why anyone would want to keep tabs on me.

Huh, got this email today, wonder if it's related:

To:  The other Illuminati

RE:  Nickd

It would appear he's on to us.  I, for one, thought Samuel L. Jackson was a poor choice from the beginning.  Now I'm afraid he's going to feel the need to "waste all these motherberkeleyers".  The good news is Nickd appears to think it's a dream.  

In the future, if we chose to again use the services of one Mr. Jackson, a "no costumes" rule should be strictly enforced.  

Well, back to massive global plots.  Hope all is well.

Regards,

"El queso grande"  

Holy E36 M3, that gave me a good laugh. Thank you.

I'm really sad this one was just a dream...

I found a late-60’s station wagon for sale(Mercury, I think) that had been a race support vehicle for Lotus. They’d swapped in a 907 engine(which they put a turbo on), 5-speed, torque tube & rear IRS out of an early-70’s Elcat. The car ran & drove, but needed brake work.

I don’t remember the interior at all, but the exterior was originally red & had faded to pink, with a dull silver showing through the more worn areas. It wasn’t until we got the car in sunlight that we discovered it also had woodgrain that apparently was painted on.

The best part - I paid just under $500 because no one wanted to touch it due to the Lotus drivetrain!

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
7/9/20 3:00 p.m.

I 100% blame you guys for the one I had last night. I dreamt that I owned (had purchased?) a junkyard. But no ordinary junkyard. This one only had Miatas, MR2s and C5 Corvettes. But I was selling (or being made to sell?) the lot so I was getting rid of everything. I had one rule though: if you were buying a car, you had to drive it out. So the yard was full of dozens of people undertaking Roadkill-esque junkyard overhauls on scruffy Miatas, MR2s and C5s to get them out. And there was a white and black AW11 MR2 that I kept coming back to and it was the only car from the lot that I was keeping for myself. Maybe its a sign that I need an AW11 MR2 in my life?

AFX had released a new slotcar set, but it wasn’t the typical looped circuit. It had a Japanese name that was something like “Yoshi’s _______” and whatever the 2nd word was apparently meant both “mountain” and “castle”. The track its self was roughly in the shape of a mountain about 3’ tall, and the goal was to race/drift your opponent to the top.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/10/20 11:39 a.m.
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) said:

I had a dream that I saw a commercial for a new, smaller, Nissan Frontier that was created for commercial use. In addition to a couple with normal pickup beds, there was one with a flatbed, and a dually with a utility box on it. Even in my dream it was hard to imagine why many companies/people would choose one instead of a full-size truck.

Have YOU ever tried navigating a full sized truck through a doctor's office?  I bet not, else you would understand why there is a need for a compact dually Frontier.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/26/20 6:03 p.m.

I’m at a small park & there’s a fair going on. I was walking from the midway to a building on the other side of the park, I think to meet SWMBO & possibly some of the kids. I may have been carrying food. 

In the middle of the park is a pretty large gravel lot, though it’s completely empty. Most of the rest of the park is covered by large oak trees. As I’m cutting across the lot I hear helicopters. I look up to see 3 military ones, but they’re a futuristic design like I’ve never seen before. One turns & swoops down, apparently coming in for a landing on the lot. 

I turn to get out of its way, but I’m also watching it because of course I’m fascinated & puzzled. As it nears the ground, it turns upward & the pilot starts using its rotor blades to violently chop at a large tree limb on the other side of the lot (apparently showing off?). I run for cover behind a large tree on the opposite side as the debris flies everywhere. A woman who apparently knows/knew me also took shelter behind the same tree. We start talking about our lives & families, and she mentions she lived in some town in Indiana where I used to have clients. The one detail I remembered about the town was how bad all the 1-way streets were. I still have no clue who she was & barely remembered her name during the dream. 

About that time an old grade school friend,(who died a couple years ago IRL) walks over from the other direction because he recognized me. We chat a bit, and I noticed he’s wearing an old-time hand-buzzer prank device on his right hand. He said it’s due to the pandemic & to keep people from shaking his hand.

Then I woke up.

In retrospect I kinda think his hand-buzzer idea is genius. A little bizarre maybe, but pretty clever none the less  

Dieselboss15
Dieselboss15 New Reader
8/26/20 11:31 p.m.

definitely using the hand truck idea!

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/14/20 10:50 a.m.

Had to resurrect this thread for a completely bonkers Mirror's Edge / Tartakovsky cartoon / Sword Art Online crossover dream I had last night with a GRMer cameo.

Setting: I'm in a videogame, like an actual character in one, in a town with some tall buildings and highway bridges. At first glance it seems to be another Mirror's Edge prequel? I'm playing as Faith and there are people protesting in the streets. Some people are stuck in cars in traffic due to the protests, but they're real people stuck in a game against their will SAO-style. Also the baddie in this game is Aku from Samurai Jack.

One of the people stuck in his car is our own TB. He's in an H2 with a big sunroof which makes him easy to talk to. I parkour over to him and he's like "Hey man, this looks dangerous, do you know what's going on here?" And I explain the situation which I somehow know all about, saying "You're totally safe until the timer runs out and they gas the whole crowd, but you should respawn afterwards," which obviously didn't comfort TB much. Unfortunately we spent so much time shooting the breeze that the timer ran out and everyone got gassed.

Round 2

I'm on the outskirts of town this time and I spot Aku sitting in graveyard with tall grass, monologueing to himself. I carefully sneak up on him from behind with a knife I have for some reason. He noticed me just a hint too late as I give him one through the head, one through the chest and one across the neck. Would've been gruesome if he weren't a weird shadow being who bleeds energy. Success! For this I get a cutscene, I'm playing as Aku now in some kind of supervillain bar, but Aku has reincarnated as a Gangreen Gang-style zombie. I just make a big joke of it and downplay when the other supervillains asked why I'm green etc.

"Oh, just trying on a new look!" And I do a little Thriller song and dance, which is great because I'm already wearing a red vest.

Round 3

Don't remember this one much, but I killed Aku in zombie form.

Round 4

Now Aku is an octopus, and I'm SCUBA diving to get him, he's hiding in a shipwreck or something. He's not much of a threat at this point, I kill him by sneaking up and injecting him with a big syringe of salt solution.

"NO, NOT THE SALT!" Screams Octo-Aku.

"YES, THE SALT!" I say.

Round 5?

Another character is in the game working on my side, he does something that releases a bunch of foam that puts all the trapped players in bubbles, so when the crowd gets gassed all the trapped players don't die. May have been some kind of hack? Crowd gets gassed, round ends.

Round 6

All the players are now in bubbles stuck to a wall in a big dark chamber and they finally realize what's happening, a lot of them are celebrating so I guess this is good?

And that's all I remember.

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
9/15/20 10:31 a.m.

Pete G do you take naps to make up for the lost sleep?

9/15/20 6:08 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG (Forum Partidario) :

Oh my sleep cycle is all over the place. Some nights I'll sleep great, some days I'll nap at lunch, some weekends I'll take 2-3 naps. It used to bother me, but now I just kinda go with it & everything seems to work out ok. 

9/30/20 8:38 a.m.

I’m at a small high-school. I’m pretty sure I was an adult, yet it also felt like I might have been a student. Sean Connery was the principal. The school was getting ready to close for a few months - not sure if it was for summer break or the pandemic. 

Even though the school was too small to have an auto shop, I had 4 non-running cars stored/hidden away in various rooms on the lower level(possibly a basement), and I was talking with Principal Connery about how I could coordinate with the school’s maintenance guy to try & get one of the cars running/driving and out of the building before winter. 

The cars were: Audi 4000 Quattro, Opel GT, SN95 Mustang, and as S2 Lotus Europa. Despite none of them running, they were all complete and “ran-when-parked”, so I was trying to determine which one could both be extracted from its storage place the easiest, and made road-worthy the quickest.

Of course I got distracted by both the Europa & Mustang being Laguna Seca blue, and how the blue 5.0 from the Mustang would look really good in the Europa...

Pete. (l33t FS)
10/18/20 6:00 a.m.

I realized I still had my Sentra (late B12 two door, GA16i/auto econobox) so I dusted it off and took it to an autocross. 

Parked it in entirely the wrong parking area, went to sign in, was told about all of the odd regulations that the car club had, like for safety automatic cars must be started in Neutral and not Park.  (I had no idea how that was safer, but there had to have been a reason behind it, so, okay whatever, it's no sum to argue over it)  Another rule was that helmets had to have a 2004 G specification, and it was at this point I realized that I forgot to get my helmet out of the RX-7, which was at work.  So I worked out how to quickly get from the autocross site to work (which made NO sense, because "work" is down I-71 a ways, but in my dream the place was far east on I-480) 

Getting in the Sentra, I noted that the seat had a LOT better lateral support than I ever remembered.  The driving position was also really odd, both of my legs could fit straight-out under the steering column, which is something I have never experienced.  And my knees HAD to be together, because the 5 point harness had additional straps that went around the outside of my legs kind of like a rollcage net.  Driving to and fro to get my helmet was bizarre because I've never driven with my legs straight like that before and I was using unfamiliar muscles.  Decided that I was glad it was an automatic because the leg nets would have kept me from being able to reach the clutch.

Back at the autocross, I went in to the convention center like building and sat at a table.  I saw everyone else had competitor lists and course diagrams and asked where they came from.  Was told that they got e-mailed to everyone the morning of, so I should just check my e-mail.  Uh.  No smart phone, and the e-mail address I used for registering doesn't get checked on weekends.  Oh well.  I realized I never actually signed in, so I went over to the registration table where there was a line 20 people long.  One person finished and the whole line left, leaving just a girl of about five years old, who was being told to sign her name on some form but she didn't want to because she didn't know how to write cursive.

Never did see the course.

1/24/21 2:17 p.m.

I’m watching Wide World of Sports & see a young Jimmy Carter - pre-presidency, yet still wearing a suit - doing the surfer & a bar ride on his road bike, after racing a bus full of people uphill & winning.

Pete. (l33t FS)
1/24/21 2:47 p.m.

Last night I had a vivid dream where I was at a range and I went through five magazines' worth, in a .32 caliber Glock.

I've only handled Glocks like three times, and they are kinda neat, but I wouldn't have considered them to literally be the pistol of my dreams.  Also, .32?

759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UberDork
1/24/21 8:05 p.m.

Pete, I'm beginning to wonder that the 'rooms' on your salad are not from Publix.

1/25/21 8:46 a.m.

In reply to 759NRNG (Forum Partidario) :

No worries, I don't eat anything with "salad" in the name. Or much in the way of vegetables, other than potatoes & the occasional green bean or carrot. 

2/12/21 8:18 a.m.

This dream actually involved GRM:

I’m in the office(though it’s not actually any office I’m familiar with) talking on the phone to my current boss. Although the office manager from a previous job is here with me. 

I’m ranting to my boss that Margie had contacted me because some files they frequently FTP to someone failed, and it turned out that the recipient changed their file format without bothering to tell anyone. 

However, the whole time I’m on the phone, I’m also struggling to open a bag of cat food - apparently the office cats were hungry. I finally succeed & start pouring the whole bag into their food trough. It sort of has the consistency of canned cat food, but it’s somehow attached to what appear to be musk oxen hooves. Some of it accidentally falls into their water trough & I have to fish it out by hand, which is kinda gross. I’m starting to get concerned about what kind of cats they have here...

2/12/21 8:33 a.m.

psssssst Tim.........I'm thinkin' Pete is sweet on yur gerl   wink

Pete. (l33t FS)
2/12/21 7:34 p.m.
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) said:

I’m watching Wide World of Sports & see a young Jimmy Carter - pre-presidency, yet still wearing a suit - doing the surfer & a bar ride on his road bike, after racing a bus full of people uphill & winning.

Heh.  I took a bus to DC and at the bus terminal was GHWB on a jet black Segway with the Presidential Seal on it. (He was about the age when he was President)  We talked about I have no recollection what,  but it was interesting as all get-out.  I walked to where I thought my hotel was, met Barack Obama on the street after I sat on a bench to rest a bit, we shared some jokes, and then he had to leave for a dinner group with W and some other people I've forgotten at Dick Cheney's bar and grill across the street.  Cheney had on an apron and a chef's hat and was greeting people at the door.   There was an open air garden out front where they were growing the hot peppers (on trees!) that they used in the food.  I didn't have an invite, so I wandered around on foot until I found myself back at the bus terminal, never finding that damn hotel.

I think that was the night I had a pound and a half of fresh kielbasa for dinner.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
2/12/21 7:41 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Last night I had a vivid dream where I was at a range and I went through five magazines' worth, in a .32 caliber Glock.

I've only handled Glocks like three times, and they are kinda neat, but I wouldn't have considered them to literally be the pistol of my dreams.  Also, .32?

A G42 size, with a high capacity .32 would be an AWESOME choice!. But since the big caliber folks would preach against it, it will never happen...

Pete. (l33t FS)
2/12/21 8:12 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

I'm a weenie.  If I were to buy a Glock, it'd be a 40.  10mm long barrel, because why not.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UberDork
2/12/21 10:03 p.m.

A lot of you have some really strange dreams. Some of you may need to see someone about some of them. Admit that once in a while I have some strange dreams but nothing like some of you. Most of mine I can't describe on a family friendly forum.

2/13/21 9:59 a.m.
wlkelley3 said:

A lot of you have some really strange dreams. Some of you may need to see someone about some of them. Admit that once in a while I have some strange dreams but nothing like some of you. Most of mine I can't describe on a family friendly forum.

Do you have to have a smoke afterwards?

6/21/21 7:29 a.m.

I seriously just had a dream about a Dodge Stratus...

I’m inside an old house that was being converted into a Dollar General, though the store was already opened. It still looked like a house, both inside & out, but there were huge sections of the original lat & plaster walls that would pivot around to allow access into different sections. It was really difficult to find my way around. 

I eventually finish & walk out to find a car propped up on its side. The whole underneath is a smooth belly pan & I see the entire body is a one piece fiberglass monocoque. I lower it back onto all-4 wheels - it’s ridiculously light - and discover it’s a Dodge Stratus coupe. Although the overall side profile is mostly stock, the sides flare out like a Testarosa(minus the gills), to cover the massive 315 tires in the rear. I’m a bit disappointed to discover it still has the stock FWD/auto drivetrain, but with such minimal weight I figure it still must be a blast to drive. Somehow I discover that Bill Cuttitta built it & I’m allowed to drive it, but I wake up before I do. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CbUwmvjilI2T9IV83htB5JAdXHhKnG9Cz2l0EvBBgFWksLJpnA9R6ynLGQRIouly