1 2 3
mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/13/19 9:28 a.m.

I feel left out, I am no where near as Sarcastic as the rest of you

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
3/13/19 10:20 a.m.

I'm full blooded southern and my whole family is as sarcastic as they come. 

My now ex-son-in-law would get pissed at my daughter for her sarcasm and once asked in our kitchen if we were all a bunch of smart-asses.  My wife, my daughter and I all answered at the same time "Yes".     

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
3/13/19 10:37 a.m.

Oklahoma checking-in. Everyone in the family is incredibly sarcastic. I have to make sure I tone it down in public, since people may not know I'm kidding around.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/13/19 10:40 a.m.

In reply to mad_machine :

Keep practicing 

STM317
STM317 SuperDork
3/13/19 11:01 a.m.
spitfirebill said:

My now ex-son-in-law would get pissed at my daughter for her sarcasm and once asked in our kitchen if we were all a bunch of smart-asses.  My wife, my daughter and I all answered at the same time "Yes".     

I think the correct answer in this situation is "I'd rather be  a smart ass than a dumb ass."

frenchyd
frenchyd UltraDork
3/13/19 11:15 a.m.

In reply to STM317 :

I’m guilty as charged however I’m honestly trying to change with age.  Somehow sarcasm doesn’t come off as funny past a certain age. 

Make no mistake I still mess up. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/13/19 11:35 a.m.
Duke said:

It's "y'all".

Yaw?

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
3/13/19 12:37 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:
kazoospec said:

Weird, as a midwesterner, I always assumed sarcasm ran pretty much unchecked from the Rio Grande north to the Canadian border and from sea to shining sea.  I guess I figured "Bless Your Heart" and other "southernisms" were just sarcasm with a nice sugar glaze on it.  

As a lifelong southerner, I can say you are not wrong.

a corollary Southern sarcastic tendency is the classic misdirection: Person obviously “not from  ‘round here” asks directions? You are duty-bound to send them the wrong way, just for lols.

Margie

As a northerner raised in Ohio who worked at a Chic-fil-a in highschool... 

I always felt saying "My Pleasure" was pretty creepy.   In a giggady sort of way...

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/13/19 12:45 p.m.

I grew up in the New Orleans area.   Sarcasm is an art form there as well.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
3/13/19 1:34 p.m.

I prefer the term smart ass.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/13/19 2:41 p.m.
STM317 said:
spitfirebill said:

I think the correct answer in this situation is "I'd rather be  a smart ass than a dumb ass."

i usually say " Yes my ass is smart, much like the rest of me"

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/13/19 3:30 p.m.

I frequently wear this shirt. I'm always sarcastic.

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
3/13/19 8:53 p.m.

Is this still considered verbal teasing????.....Cuz I'm guilty as H.....even more so since I kissed the Blarney Stone back in 2001 and have to seriously watch what comes 'flyin; out my pie hole..almost reminds me of turrets syndrome but on a more subdued level.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UberDork
3/13/19 9:25 p.m.

I'm a Western NY'er, living in Baltimore, and in Chicagoland right now for work.  It's like the trifecta of sarcasm.

Was out at dinner tonight and the waiter and my co-worker got into it over deep dish pizza and Italian beef, which my coworker called "a loaf of bread with sauce" and "Steak-ums", respectively.  Thems was apparently fightin' words here in Chi-town.  

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
3/13/19 11:21 p.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:

I'm a Western NY'er, living in Baltimore, and in Chicagoland right now for work.  It's like the trifecta of sarcasm.

Was out at dinner tonight and the waiter and my co-worker got into it over deep dish pizza and Italian beef, which my coworker called "a loaf of bread with sauce" and "Steak-ums", respectively.  Thems was apparently fightin' words here in Chi-town.  

As a native I can't really argue with him on either of those culinary points. I mean yeah there's a bunch of sauce on that bread, but there's also a ton of cheese! Italian beef is nothing special without giardiniera. Come at me fellow Chicagoans.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/13/19 11:25 p.m.

In reply to volvoclearinghouse :

Its understandable. Its not his usual frozen cardboard that mom cuts up into little pieces.

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
3/14/19 4:57 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Its understandable. Its not his usual frozen cardboard that mom cuts up into little pieces.

Spoken like someone who hasn't had WNY pizza or a Viola's double steak and cheese. Yes the pizza is thin because it's pizza. If I wanted a cheesy layer cake, I'd get married again.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UberDork
3/14/19 6:13 a.m.
akamcfly said:
Appleseed said:

Spoken like someone who hasn't had WNY pizza or a Viola's double steak and cheese. Yes the pizza is thin because it's pizza. If I wanted a cheesy layer cake, I'd get married again.

That's where you did it wrong.  We had pie and cookies at our wedding.  Cake is for WASPs.  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/14/19 6:46 a.m.

What are you, the pizza police?

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
3/14/19 8:17 a.m.

It's not pizza, it's casserole. Not that there is nothing wrong with a good casserole.

Also "NYC-style" pizza is also hugely, bigly even, overrated. 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/14/19 8:55 a.m.

We're going to start the pizza argument thing again? That's a fantastic, productive use of all of our time. Well done.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
3/14/19 9:08 a.m.

Yeah, seriously. We are overdue for a good lasagna argument and you dorks are quibbling over pie.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/14/19 9:09 a.m.

Chicago casserole pizza is better than nyc ketchup on crackers. Period.

Good pizza lies somewhere in the middle, but like everything else, we only ever hear from the extremists at either end. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
3/14/19 10:00 a.m.
Appleseed said:

What are you, the pizza police?

I’ve asked my wife many times if she’s “ a cop” that she has replied that she is a cop and is going to bust a baton over my head.  

Don’t mess with those ladies going through the change of life.  

RealMiniNoMore
RealMiniNoMore PowerDork
3/14/19 10:12 a.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

Yeah, seriously. We are overdue for a good lasagna argument and you dorks are quibbling over pie.

Lasagna is just spaghetti flavored cake.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3i7Q0fwCkbShMRETfvHh6cUUbtWtfN106eRtM7JR4v76u2s2e4mFCWj3S84SNvb3