SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
10/7/13 10:09 a.m.

I am helping sell this for my uncle. He is very sick and needs the money. He was hoping to put this car back together, but his physical health is not letting him do so.

This is a 1958 Triumph TR3A. As you can see by the pictures, this car is in need of restoration. I have looked over the car, it looks to be pretty solid. The only thing that rotted out was the battery tray, but that was cut out, and it still needs a tray welded in. My uncle says he's got most of the parts minus some nuts and bolts.

This has been stored in a climate controlled building for at least 15 years. It was moved into the garage it sits in now two years ago. It is not climate controlled, but it's dry.

What this car comes with:

• Rebuilt engine. Was rebuilt with an overbore kit. He said it was the best you could buy at the time. Also has oversized valves.

• Two transmissions. One is an overdrive trans and the other is a standard 4-speed. The 4-speed is currently installed in the car.

• Three different sets of Carbs. One set of SU H6 side draft carbs. One set of Solex downdraft Carbs with manifold. There is also a Chevy Vega 2bbl carb with manifold as well.

• Spare fenders and quarter panels.

• Rebuilt front end with new Trunions.

• Upholstery kit

• New top (white)

• Full set of wire wheels with knock-off hubs.

• Parts car. 1957 TR3A. Don't know the condition, but he says he has one and he would like it to go with the '58.

• Says he has good titles to both cars.

He is asking $4200 OBO. Bring a truck and trailer, because he is unable to take it anywhere. Please PM me if you are interested and I will get you the info. Car is located in Illinois, about 40 miles south of Chicago.

Now for the pics. Sorry about the clutter and the bad pics, I was at a family party yesterday and didn't really have the time to take many pictures.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/7/13 10:43 a.m.

I wish I was in the place in my life that I could organize a Group of people to Finish it off for him and let him drive it before he gets sicker and has to sell it. It doesn't look like to much of a project for a large group of people. The benefit would be when they are done with it he would get much more money for it and he would get to enjoy it a little before it goes.

Looks like a great deal for a car that will have a lot of value when complete. I'll let a Guy I know that's been considering switching from a crazy build to a more "restoration" type project know to see if he has interest.

Good luck with the sale

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
10/7/13 2:14 p.m.

Looks like a good project at a decent price. Unfortunately, I have just had my gall bladder removed rather unexpectedly, so I'm guessing I'm looking at some bills coming in.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
10/7/13 3:54 p.m.

I ask that if anyone who looks at this thread please pass it on to any other boards or anyone you may know who could be interested. I don't want to have to join any Triumph forums to help sell this. I just wanted to have the GRMers and CMers have first dibs on this.

I'm going to put this up on CL as well as BaT in a couple days.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
10/7/13 5:07 p.m.

You may want to place it over at British Car Forum. There is a guy there that soaks up TR3s like water.

EDIT: I tried it post it there with a link to here, but could not. I don't go there that often and had to re-register. Now it tells me I cannot post.

racerdave600
racerdave600 Dork
10/8/13 6:15 p.m.

I wish I had an extra $4,200. I'd love a TR3. I was looking for one years ago when I bought my 4, and it's never left my system. Good luck with the sale and I will pass along info.

dlarson
dlarson
10/8/13 9:58 p.m.

Hi I am interested talking about the TR3. I live near the area. Would love to take a look at it. Thanks

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
10/9/13 12:13 a.m.

Send me a PM then so I can give you the contact info.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
10/9/13 10:55 a.m.

I sold my TR3 back in 1986 and have wanted to replace it since the day I out in on the new owner's trailer. Things like unexpectedly surgery, uneasiness at work etc have E36 M3 canned every effort to follow through.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
10/9/13 4:25 p.m.

In reply to spitfirebill:

This is really burning into you isn't it.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
10/10/13 6:02 p.m.

You noticed huh?

mgf
mgf
10/11/13 9:13 a.m.

I'm interested in receiving the contact info.

Thanks,

Michael Fabish mgf37@yahoo.com

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
10/11/13 5:01 p.m.

Wow, it sounds like this is going around. Have received a lot of emails and hopefully this will be sold sooner opposed to later.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oMvhtwE6xTkta2ZHvAwKn3Mm26qUAbwSWzviMqubxofzrOAvLPyTcwohIQXzwEIF