1 2
fujioko
fujioko New Reader
7/14/13 5:08 p.m.

Car is located in Jackson Michigan 49203.

Chrome bumper conversion. DOT 5 brake conversion. Hardtop /soft top 75,555 original miles. Four speed with J type overdrive. Originally from Southern California. Always garaged. Always maintained and has many new parts.

Zero rust!

Some of the new parts include….. Bilstein Corvette Gas shocks on rear. 1.75 lowering block on rear spring All new suspension bushings. New U-joints and axle bearings Fully rebuilt brakes. New clutch. Bottom half of engine rebuilt to correct oil leak. Re-cored radiator New tires Lots more!

I have owned this car for 14 years. The car has been sitting idle for the past three years. I don’t have time to enjoy it anymore. It’s time to let it go.

Comes with extra parts including an extra engine/ transmission and boxes of random parts. The car is a survivor and has never been restored. It has a few dings and scratches. It rattles and leaks a tiny bit of oil. It is not perfect.

I'm asking $3950.00.

Contact fujioko@gmail.com

Luke
Luke UberDork
7/15/13 2:01 a.m.

This thing is sweet, man. Great colour, and well priced.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
7/15/13 8:33 a.m.
Luke wrote: Great colour

LOL.

We have a long running joke in our sports car club that real sports cars are not doo doo brown. We do it because one member is the orginal owner of his 75ish TR-6 that is the same brown. Since he is a transplanted yankee, we consider it busting his chops.

That is a good price for an original condition car with hardtop, OD and bumper conversion.

fujioko
fujioko New Reader
7/15/13 12:02 p.m.

Thanks!

I think the Russet brown and the chrome bumpers add some class to the little car.

I picked up the car in the late 90’s without any input from SWMBO. When I pulled into the driveway her first words were “it’s a chick magnet”…. Sooo true.

The car is a fun attention getter and I’ll probably regret selling it

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
7/15/13 12:36 p.m.

Looks like agood car forthe money. I posted a link to it on the NASS Yahoo group list.

GLWS

mtbearded1
mtbearded1 None
7/15/13 5:52 p.m.

What a gorgeous car. I wouldn't mind having it to complement my pimento '76 Spitfire 1500 and my '80 TR7 which is also Russet Brown

fujioko
fujioko New Reader
7/15/13 8:50 p.m.
Ian F wrote: Looks like agood car forthe money. I posted a link to it on the NASS Yahoo group list. GLWS

Hi 'ya Ian,

Thanks! I used to be a member of NASS I think I was 318 or 319.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
7/16/13 8:02 a.m.

Looks like she's been lowered a bit.

fujioko
fujioko New Reader
7/16/13 8:52 a.m.
spitfirebill wrote: Looks like she's been lowered a bit.

Hi 'ya Bill,

The rear spring was fitted with a custom made 1.75 lowering block.

Jim

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Reader
7/16/13 5:06 p.m.

Very nice looking Spit!

What's the story behind the license plate on the car?

fujioko wrote:
spitfirebill wrote: Looks like she's been lowered a bit.

Hi 'ya Bill,

The rear spring was fitted with a custom made 1.75 lowering block.

Jim

fujioko
fujioko New Reader
7/16/13 7:02 p.m.

In reply to paranoid_android74:

The license plate is a movie prop. I got a stack of them the last time I was in the Los Angeles area. I'm not sure what movie it is from.

Anyway, I use them for internet photographs. The tag is made from resin reinforced cardboard.

Jim

fujioko
fujioko Reader
7/21/13 10:14 p.m.

So, it’s been real quiet as far as interest in the Spitfire. The car is on CL, GRM, and NASS. I haven’t even got a scam email yet.

Obviously the economy sucks and a toy like my little Spitfire will take a while to sell…

I tagged and insured the car last Friday so I could take it on some adventures this weekend. The car runs great and is still a blast to drive.

I put together two videos for selling / entertainment purposes.

The first video is a walk around https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_d_WnV20LU

The second video is a ride!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR9qM8F-JkQ

For this video I set up a digital sound recorder and put the microphone right next to the exhaust outlet. The car sounds loud in the video, however it is pretty quiet in real life.

Have a look.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
7/22/13 7:00 a.m.

Put the car on British Car Forum.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Reader
7/22/13 8:32 a.m.

Big fat duh on my part, you could list it at the Triumph Experience too.

spitfirebill wrote: Put the car on British Car Forum.
Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
7/22/13 8:55 a.m.

I wish I manly enough to daily drive a Spitfire... this car looks perfect for that... but for better or worse, I like having a/c too much.

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine Reader
7/22/13 9:42 a.m.

Im having a hard time selling my 4a. Doesnt seem to be a whole lot of interest right now.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
7/22/13 7:52 p.m.

I added your latest info to the thread on NASS. Some positive thoughts towards it, but unfortunately it's often a "captive" audience over there (we already own at least one).

fujioko
fujioko Reader
7/23/13 8:59 a.m.
Ian F wrote: I added your latest info to the thread on NASS. Some positive thoughts towards it, but unfortunately it's often a "captive" audience over there (we already own at least one).

Hi 'ya Ian,

Thanks for updating the NASS thread!

Jim

crankwalk
crankwalk HalfDork
7/24/13 11:47 a.m.

I love it! I wish I could lop the roof off of my 240Z now to get that open air experience.

fujioko
fujioko Reader
8/2/13 6:36 p.m.

I finally got the hardtop out of storage and put it on the car. I really like the way it looks and it seems to stiffen up the car.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
8/2/13 8:16 p.m.

In reply to fujioko:

Man... if I wasn't already half-buried in little British cars...

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Reader
8/3/13 2:42 p.m.

Dude, you are killing me!

I only have room for one, and that spot is taken by a Midget I can't get to run...

fujioko wrote: I finally got the hardtop out of storage and put it on the car. I really like the way it looks and it seems to stiffen up the car.
Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
8/3/13 8:14 p.m.

One of the NASS guys in MD runs a hardtop on his car year-round because he likes how it stiffens it. It's pretty much his daily driver although he does have a truck for nasty weather days.

fujioko
fujioko Reader
8/4/13 7:20 p.m.
paranoid_android74 wrote: Dude, you are killing me! I only have room for one, and that spot is taken by a Midget I can't get to run...

I have been wrenching on these little British cars since I was nine. My first gig was putting a transmission in my dad's GT6.

Anyway, if you need a hand with the Midget let me know. I'm in Ann Arbor every day.

Ian F wrote: One of the NASS guys in MD runs a hardtop on his car year-round because he likes how it stiffens it. It's pretty much his daily driver although he does have a truck for nasty weather days.

I have had the hardtop forever and only put it on the car when it was in storage, never drove it with the hardtop before. It's awesome!

A few months ago I put a hardtop on my Miata and love it!

I have been having a lot of fun with the Spitfire but I'm not to thrilled with the tires. They are at least 16 years old and I'm concerned about safety. I'm going to see about replacing them this week.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Reader
8/4/13 7:37 p.m.

Seriously?!

I do need help- can't get the ignition sorted properly.

Send me an email to owensdad74@gmail.com when you have a little free time!

Thanks man!

fujioko wrote:
paranoid_android74 wrote: Dude, you are killing me! I only have room for one, and that spot is taken by a Midget I can't get to run...

I have been wrenching on these little British cars since I was nine. My first gig was putting a transmission in my dad's GT6.

Anyway, if you need a hand with the Midget let me know. I'm in Ann Arbor every day.

Ian F wrote: One of the NASS guys in MD runs a hardtop on his car year-round because he likes how it stiffens it. It's pretty much his daily driver although he does have a truck for nasty weather days.

I have had the hardtop forever and only put it on the car when it was in storage, never drove it with the hardtop before. It's awesome!

A few months ago I put a hardtop on my Miata and love it!

I have been having a lot of fun with the Spitfire but I'm not to thrilled with the tires. They are at least 16 years old and I'm concerned about safety. I'm going to see about replacing them this week.

1 2
Birthdays
Our Preferred Partners
rm06udEApKYz2pObiwTLfbHcaplh61Wr