SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/21/17 4:27 p.m.

I bought this car with big hopes for the Challenge. Your turn!

It's a complete car, sans engine and transmission. Interior is complete, but very dirty. Carpet is shot.

The bad: Windshield is broken (no problem, if you were thinking Lexan!). Both doors have rust at the bottom edge (Spare doors included). The hatch has rust at the bottom corner. The passenger side floor pan has a rust hole.

The good:

It's an FC!

Includes enough spares to zero it out- complete LSD rear end, rear glass, doors, pair of odd generic fiberglass fenders, extra gauge cluster, extra rear spoiler.

I paid a lot more than I am selling this for, but it's time to move on.

$900. Located in 31721

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
4/23/17 11:47 p.m.

That nose cone looks more 89+ to me. Has it been changed out?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/24/17 8:20 a.m.

In reply to Mazdax605:

No idea.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/24/17 8:41 a.m.

Man. Perfect start for an LS swap!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/24/17 9:02 a.m.

In reply to dyintorace:

CLH
CLH GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/24/17 9:12 a.m.
Mazdax605 wrote: That nose cone looks more 89+ to me. Has it been changed out?

Several parts of that car make it look more like an S5 than an S4. Taillights for example. Sure it's not an '89? If it's an '87 it's had lots of grafting of newer-gen parts (entirely possible).

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
4/24/17 10:51 a.m.
CLH wrote:
Mazdax605 wrote: That nose cone looks more 89+ to me. Has it been changed out?
Chris Several parts of that car make it look more like an S5 than an S4. Taillights for example. Sure it's not an '89? If it's an '87 it's had lots of grafting of newer-gen parts (entirely possible).

I agree. Completely possible that someone grafted on almost every part from an S5 including the moldings and such, but highly unlikely. I'd be willing to bet it is not an 87, but rather an 89+ S5. Look at the door tag, and tell us what year it was made. I passed on this deal a while back as I was looking for an S5, but now looking at it again I think it is exactly what I was searching for.

Edit:

On further inspection of the pictures it appears to have the mouse track seatbelts. No way anyone goes through the trouble of swapping that over. I think that's a bona fide 89+ S5, Paul. I will be in touch if you can confirm. I have a friend with an enclosed trailer at the ready.

Chris

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/24/17 11:12 a.m.

You guys are better versed in RX7 than me.

I read the year off the title. That's all. I suppose it's possible the title is misprinted.

I will be happy to answer any questions you have, but I am out of state, and can't check until Sunday.

If someone sends me a deposit, I will gladly mark it sold and hold it, subject to confirmation.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/24/17 11:31 a.m.

Chris:

If it helps you make your decision, I can get it to Columbia SC. That would put it 4 or 5 hours closer to you.

OR, we can work a deal with jstand's father. He is bringing me a car later this week on a commercial car trailer from MA. Don't know what he'd charge to haul a non-runner back on the return trip.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/24/17 12:09 p.m.
SVreX wrote: You guys are better versed in RX7 than me. I read the year off the title. That's all. I suppose it's possible the title is misprinted. I will be happy to answer any questions you have, but I am out of state, and can't check until Sunday. If someone sends me a deposit, I will gladly mark it sold and hold it, subject to confirmation.

If you can get the VIN, one could probably research that and determine the year of manufacture.

turbox
turbox New Reader
4/24/17 12:40 p.m.

Please text 773 466 9072 sent a pm

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/24/17 1:06 p.m.

In reply to turbox:

Never got your PM. Sent you a text

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
4/30/17 7:15 a.m.

Sunday bump for clarification on year of car. That is of course only if your back home now SVreX.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/30/17 8:36 a.m.

In reply to Mazdax605:

Yep. I'm here.

The car is a 1987. Manufacture date 11/86. No mouse tracks.

VIN: JM1FC332XH0524297

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
4/30/17 8:58 a.m.

The later nose, skirts, taillights, spoiler, etc were added by an earlier owner. It is an 87.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
5/2/17 8:20 a.m.

Hey Paul, sorry I didn't get back sooner, but I think I'm going to pass. I would really like to find a true S5 for my project.

Chris

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
5/3/17 3:55 p.m.

In reply to Mazdax605:

No problem.

Jenoin
Jenoin New Reader
5/16/17 4:13 p.m.

If still available please text me 803-258-0325.

Thanks

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
5/16/17 4:41 p.m.

In reply to Jenoin:

Ok, I texted you. Hope you weren't just phishing.

BrapBrat
BrapBrat None
5/29/17 3:13 p.m.

In reply to SVreX:

Would you be willing to part out the vehicle? (I totally understand if not. Just figured I'd ask ) I am actively seeking that exact hood for my FC... Trying to do a Turbo II swap on my GTU!

tdrrally
tdrrally Reader
5/29/17 5:27 p.m.

i have a sweet 5.0 that would look great in that chassis!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
5/29/17 7:41 p.m.

In reply to BrapBrat:

Not parting yet. Have 2 interested buyers. No deposit yet.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
6/9/17 4:32 p.m.

Sold.

Heading to Lemons.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6Cd7YTqS2ndTv06Rno6dDfDfxRCF8RnpflujxoQpjNxjCqJzQGUqAKO0hleyTJZg