ripley_r None
Dec. 5, 2014 7:25 p.m.

I have this car for sale, located in Nova Scotia Canada.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1034021246

The car was brought into Canada in 2006 I believe. I have owned it about 2.5 years, my son was driving it to school before he went to university. It has been rust checked since it came here. The body is in very good shape for its age, not a show car but not a rust bucket. I fixed a couple of small holes in the bottom of the front fenders (welded pieces) and in the rear quarter by the jack in the trunk. There are a number of door dings no rust and before I bought it some one hit it in the drivers rear quarter and dented it in, had a quote about $800 for a professional fix and repaint. Water pump was recently changed, also new battery, It had a remote transmission cooler installed, new brakes; rotors and pads on front and calipers,discs and pads (including e brake and backing plates), a new gas tank (it was leaking at seam ) all about 2 years ago. This is a solid car that needs some work but overall quite good.

The major bad points are: 1 the power locks stopped working, traced to control module, got a guy trying to fix it now, it had water in it. About$ 50 for another one. 2 the transmission started slipping in September, it is still working but... I purchased another transmission and will be installing it in the Spring if the car does not sell. Transmission to go with car for buyer. 3 headliner drooping

If after this info you are still interested, please e mail back and we can set up a viewing/ test drive. I am trying to be as up front as possible and represent the car as it is.

Richard

irish44j PowerDork
Dec. 6, 2014 7:49 p.m.

I'm extremely happy you're so far away from me.....

yamaha UltimaDork
Dec. 8, 2014 9:55 a.m.

In reply to irish44j:

ditto

ripley_r New Reader
Dec. 18, 2014 7:06 p.m.

In reply to irish44j: They having a thing called shipping, come on someone out there must want this unique machine.

klodkrawler05 New Reader
Dec. 19, 2014 9:51 a.m.

I'm guessing with the slipping transmission it would be ill advised to attempt driving this 23 hours back home to MI?

Although I'm still tempted as a) its cool because its from my birth year. b) it'd be the second GRM members BMW wagon I've driven an "absurd" distance to buy.

stinkycheezmonky New Reader
Dec. 19, 2014 12:48 p.m.

So...any idea what would be involved with getting this thing US-legal? I read some of the articles regarding importation from Europe recently, but I'm not sure how different it would be from Canada.

Sil80redtop Reader
Dec. 20, 2014 10:57 a.m.

25 years old. Should be fine.

ripley_r New Reader
Jan. 14, 2015 7:44 p.m.

Still for sale.

OutsideGroove New Reader
Jan. 28, 2015 10:34 a.m.

Damn, if only this wasn't the worst time of year to sell a Porsche 944, I might try for this.

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

First Drive: Turbo ND MX-5

28 minutes ago in News

We hit the track with Flyin' Miata's latest power adder.

Project Turbo Miata: Fire Fighting

2 hours ago in Project Cars

We transfer the fire system to our new Miata.

Vintage Views: GMC Syclone and Typhoon

1 day ago in Articles

All-wheel drive, turbo power and a Q-ship’s stealth.

Classic Motorsports Mitty Presented by Hagerty Celebrates Porsche

2 days ago in News

Gearhead heaven? We think it looks something like this.

This Weekend at the Mitty: The Ultimate Auto Festival

5 days ago in News

Gates open this Friday for the Classic Motorsports Mitty at Road Atlanta.

ND Miata Turbo Kits Now Available!

5 days ago in News

Add 70 horsepower and 70 ft.-lbs!

What's the Plan, Man?

6 days ago in Articles

Thoughts on our racing plan for the year.

Meet the Rebels Who Started the Cannonball Run

1 week ago in News

Relive those desperado days through movie excerpts, and hear the real facts and wild stories from the legends themselves.

Up for Auction: All of Level 5 Motorsports's Hardware

1 week ago in News

It's a pro race team part out.

Can You Really Live With a Low-Buck Porsche 911?

1 week ago in News

For the past two years, on of our forum regulars has been chronicling his life with a Porsche 996.

Reader's Ride of the Week: Autocross Abomination

1 week ago in News

Classic British styling with a rotary engine?

AMX-Cessive

1 week ago in Articles

If you’re going to host the search for the ultimate street car, perhaps you should drive one yourself.

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
or96XAmAF04lOrIHQml6VVPfmh7PWWb9