Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop Reader
7/3/13 11:05 p.m.

My brother is selling his 4G63 swapped, Mirage hatchback:

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/3912311307.html

Please email if interested. More pics avail upon request. No joyrides. Clean title in hand.

The car is a 1989 Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo (one of 1500 original turbo cars brought to the US). I've had it since 2005. It's got approx 189,000mi on the chassis. It came from the factory with 4-wheel disc brakes, a 150mph speedo, highly bolstered "Turbo" seats and matching interior, side skirts, rear wing, etc. Clean title in hand.

In the end of 2009, I swapped in a JDM 4G63T from a Galant VR4 RS (Rally-spec homologation car), which I got from JHOT in Augusta, GA. The engine came from Mitsubishi with a big 16G turbo, 510cc injectors, a big FMIC, a close-ratio 5spd AWD tranny, and makes 240hp at the crank, in stock form. The engine has less than 40K on it, and doesn't leak or smoke at all. The car runs and drives great. Handles awesome. It's very light and very fast.

When I did the swap, I replaced the following: (all a year old and around 1,000mi on them) Front and rear main seals timing cover gasket water pump timing belt timing belt pulleys balance shaft belt all acc belts all vacuum lines AWD tranny converted to FWD (by using a VCU eliminator...which can be removed if you wanted to return the tranny to AWD) Upgraded to Ford injector clips (make swapping injectors WAY easier...no more annoying metal clip to lose) New A/C compressor, new dryer, lots of new A/C seals/o-rings

Mods to the car include: Brand new Miata battery in trunk ACT 2600 clutch 2G MAF 3" turbo-back exhaust (no cat, one resonator....sounds awesome) A'PEXi AFC KYB AGX shocks up front, GR-2s in back Tenzo R GF-2 springs (for 1G FWD DSM) Yoshifab front adjustable camber plates Autometer boost guage Superpro front sway bar bushings Prothane lower engine mounts (F and R) Walbro 255lph fuel pump 20% Tint all around ROH 15x7 wheels Dunlop 225/50-15 tires Galant VR4 RS shifter cables Infiniti G20 front bumper Sony MP3 CD head unit Mitsubishi Expo front hubs with brand new wheel bearings Galant VR4 2-piston front calipers with new pads and rotors Adjustable FPR EVO 1 Recaro front seats Front and rear strut tower bars Oil cooler I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff.

What the car needs: -Paint (it's flat black, which could use to be redone) -There is a little bit of damage near the rear driver's side wheel, it needs to be worked over before paint) -A tune (drives awesome and pulls hard, but it would be much better with a solid tune). Currently using the Galant VR4 RS ECU. I'm only running 10psi (oem wastegate setting). The turbo can easily run over 20psi with a good tune and proper fuel setup. -Pass side mirror needs to be replaced (I will include one, not installed) -Rear tires should be replaced soon

ccrelan
ccrelan Reader
7/4/13 3:18 p.m.

I bet this car screams.

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop Reader
7/5/13 6:25 p.m.

It's quick. There have been a few 4g63 swapped challenge cars that were in the 10's.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese SuperDork
7/10/13 2:18 a.m.

Oh how I want this car. I grew up in a base model Dodge Colt hatch. Since cars from my past seem to end up back in my lap, I might as well start seeking them out, right?

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop Reader
7/10/13 8:59 a.m.

I had 89 Eagle Summit LX in my undergrad, which was basically the NA version of this car. Seller's email is as follows: sixspeedbass@gmail.com

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
E7la9f5JYTy4IS9OVQ7RbIsxBrDsvi0Jw9J9nO62Uv3eiFBLzStHgws1Eru8hQqq