NONACK
NONACK Reader
6/20/13 8:31 p.m.

After much internal debate, I'm posting my Rallycross car up for sale. In the interest of full disclosure, here's why: I have worked on the car all winter and spring (details below). ~800 miles after the engine rebuild, it has started burning oil again- I believe the problem is valve guides, as these were not touched in the rebuild, but lack the time or drive to pull the heads off again. If not for the blue smoke and oil consumption, it would be hard to tell anything is wrong.

Details:

Chassis/Body:

-1991 Hardtop NA

-Rust free

-Spoiler removed

-Red plasti-dip (showing its age at this point)

-RallyArmor mud flaps

Drivetrain:

-93 3vzfe, rebuilt (honed, new rings, bearings, gaskets, etc.) ~1k miles ago

-3vzfe manual ECU

-s54 rebuilt ~5k miles ago

-kaaz 1.5 way lsd installed at rebuild

-Fidanza aluminum flywheel

-Clutchmasters stage 1

-speed source poly engine mounts

-mr2v6 passenger side mount

-3 stage filter (prefilter bag, prefilter foam, washable filter)

-Lightweight, emissions legal exhaust

Suspension:

-All poly bushings

-New ball joints/tie rods ~3k miles ago

-Koni yellows w/ progressive bumpstops ~3k miles ago

-91 springs

Wheels:

-15x7f 16x8r Enkei RP01s w/ street tires

-91 wheels with MaxSport RB3 rallycross tires

-15x7 Borbets (no tires)

Extras:

-Set of Tein HAs (needs rebuild)

-Stock 3vzfe flywheel

-Spare starter

-Box of various suspension, brake, clutch, other components

I'm sure I've forgotten something, but that's most of it.

Dropbox (Photos)

Asking $4k OBO. The car will be rallycrossing at Summit Point this weekend, please let me know if you want to see it, I may be willing to sit the event out to let you see it if you're serious. Located in New Hope, PA.

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
6/20/13 8:59 p.m.

Oh my I wish I had not only money but time to be there this weekend to check it out, Trade my P5 for it?!

Lol GLWS and free bump!

NONACK
NONACK Reader
6/20/13 9:04 p.m.

Well, I'm looking at replacing this with a stock class car, but unfortunately your Protoge sends power to the wrong end of the car for me

moxnix
moxnix Reader
6/20/13 9:22 p.m.

I do have a stock class impreza......

NONACK
NONACK Reader
6/20/13 9:24 p.m.

Let me rephrase that: driven front wheels are for Bob Costas

irish44j
irish44j UberDork
6/20/13 9:44 p.m.

I will bump this because the sooner Chris sells this car, the sooner I get to stop worrying about him beating me in at local MR rallycross. We all know Chris is a terrible driver, so CLEARLY this car is very fast and well-setup, and I highly suggest someone not in the local region buy it and rallycross the hell out of it. ;)

Nonack, switching to stock class is brilliant. Since there are no other cars in SR, you will be the eternal champ

NONACK
NONACK Reader
6/20/13 9:59 p.m.

I only plan to run stock class at national events, so you're still not safe... except for my E36 M3ty driving that is

singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
6/20/13 10:37 p.m.

I'm breaking my own trade rule (cause I'm an idiot). Any interest in going to a stockish 3rd gen?

grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/open-classifieds/2001-toyota-mr2-in-mo/65990/page1/

Would need some cash from you though.

NONACK
NONACK Reader
6/21/13 5:09 a.m.

In reply to singleslammer:

Details, photos? How much cash are we talking? If it's manual trans I'm interested, if it has a hardtop doubly so.

EDIT: Found your sale thread, not really what I'm looking for at the moment but tempting- if you're serious PM and we'll discuss.

NONACK
NONACK Reader
6/21/13 3:58 p.m.

Update: In the interest of keeping the car in its' current condition, I will not be driving it at this weekend's rallycross. I will be at Summit Point all weekend, however, so if you want to discuss the car please call me at 610 416 0965.

NONACK
NONACK Reader
6/23/13 9:13 p.m.

Price is negotiable, also have a pair of Sparco Revs w/ Wedge Engineering brackets I can throw in for a little more

92dxman
92dxman HalfDork
6/24/13 11:19 a.m.

I have nothing to add to this convo and no room for any more things with wheels but I am located in Lansdale and grew up in Doylestown so a semi stone's throw away from New Hope.

NONACK
NONACK Reader
6/27/13 4:46 p.m.

Just a few days until it's eBay time if anyone wants to lowball me first...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UBD734PjkK2e7gpPxJGGywtcQA8iLomPdHXF8ERSDdkNtG48TNHoosvlyi81JKyp