JMcD
JMcD New Reader
2/9/16 8:39 a.m.

SOLD!

Listing my 96 318ti for sale.

Located in Novi, MI (Detroit Metro area).

$2500 obo.

Was my DD until I bought a FoST. Owned for the past 6 yrs and 50k mi. Lots of maintenance performed (see link to CL add).

The Basics:

• Mostly stock
  • 186k mi
  • 5 speed manual
  • 1.9L M44 engine
  • Hardtop (no sunroof)
  • LSD from a '95 318ti (same small case, 3.45 ratio as the '96 OEM unit)
  • Eibach sway bars F and R.
  • Runs and drives well. ~30mpg.
  • Nearly new all-season tires on 16x7 OEM wheels
  • Functional ABS
  • No trouble codes (CEL free!)
  • Aftermarket CD player with aux. input

Extras (included):

• Coil on plug conversion kit (uses E46 coils)
  • Rusty set of GC koni coil overs available (yellows + springs + rear adjusters), 1 of the rear shocks is damaged.
  • OEM diff
  • Misc. engine and wiring spares.
  • Set of 15" OEM steel wheels w/ OEM BMW wheel covers

Fun Facts:

-2680 lbs w/ 1/2 tank of gas and trunk junk removed. -Possibly 1996's cheapest and lightest BMW.

Pic (more in CL add below):

More details here: Craigslist Add

Reply or PM if interested. Thanks for looking!

-Josh

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
2/9/16 9:34 a.m.

Dammit, where was this at 9 months ago?

Good looking ti

BTD
BTD New Reader
2/9/16 12:56 p.m.

Email sent through CL ad!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/9/16 1:15 p.m.

I work in novi if anyone wants a 3rd party evaluation.

BTD
BTD New Reader
2/9/16 1:33 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: I work in novi if anyone wants a 3rd party evaluation.

raises hand

I'll send you an email

JMcD
JMcD New Reader
2/9/16 3:32 p.m.

Car is currently in my heated garage, on a lift and plan to keep it there until a serious buyer is interested in a test drive.

BTD: I replied to your email. Will take more pics tonight.

-Josh

Storz
Storz Dork
2/10/16 8:27 a.m.

So tempting, I am right up the road in Commerce. If this is still around post VW buyback I'll be in touch

AngryCorvair
2/10/16 9:23 a.m.
JMcD wrote: Car is currently in my heated garage, on a lift and plan to keep it there until a serious buyer is interested in a test drive. BTD: I replied to your email. Will take more pics tonight. -Josh

Josh, I got an email from BTD asking me to check it out for him. I will PM my cell number. Please call or text so we can set up a time. I work near Beck and Pontiac Trail.

JMcD
JMcD New Reader
2/11/16 5:03 p.m.

Car still available. BDT decided not to fly and drive back to Denver. Willing to sell for $2100 with stock sway bars and without some of the extras.

AngryCorvair - you still interested?

AngryCorvair
2/11/16 6:36 p.m.
JMcD wrote: Car still available. BDT decided not to fly and drive back to Denver. Willing to sell for $2100 with stock sway bars and without some of the extras. AngryCorvair - you still interested?

OK, so I inspected and drove this car last night. It is cleaner than any 20-year-old car in MI should be. Pulls hard to redline, no smoke or rattles, very little wear and tear on interior, a couple small areas of clearcoat peeling, a couple very small spots of rust in the rear wheel arches. it is obvious that this car has been well cared for its entire life. I would love to own this car. Alas, i want to develop the E12 a bit and I can't do both, and I'd feel bad just buying this car to flip next week. GRMers are family, and I wouldn't do that to family.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
2/11/16 7:28 p.m.

I'm just remembering how I was never able to get comfortable in the '92 318i I had. I wonder how much headroom is gained by not having a sunroof.

JMcD
JMcD New Reader
2/11/16 9:03 p.m.
BlueInGreen44 wrote: I'm just remembering how I was never able to get comfortable in the '92 318i I had. I wonder how much headroom is gained by not having a sunroof.

If you are local and interested in buying, we can figure that out real quick!

BTD
BTD New Reader
2/12/16 12:05 a.m.

Seriously, from the 30+ pictures I've seen of this car, its very, very worth the money. I'd have already bought it if I weren't 18 hours away. Someone needs to pick this up!

Or drive it to Denver for me.

WOW Really Paul?
2/12/16 11:52 a.m.

In reply to BTD:

You could always ask swank, he loves these silly drives.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
2/12/16 11:57 a.m.
JMcD wrote:
BlueInGreen44 wrote: I'm just remembering how I was never able to get comfortable in the '92 318i I had. I wonder how much headroom is gained by not having a sunroof.

I'm in Commerce so I'm close. No time this weekend but maybe next week. I'll be in touch if you still have it after the weekend.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
2/15/16 10:28 a.m.
JMcD wrote:

I just sent you a PM.

JMcD
JMcD New Reader
2/21/16 1:03 p.m.

Sold. Thanks GRM forum! I hope it serves BlueInGreen44 well!

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
2/22/16 11:32 a.m.

Home in the driveway! Buying a car from a fellow GRMer is always fun. JMcD is a great guy.

WOW Really Paul?
2/22/16 12:09 p.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen44:

One of us, one of us

JamesMcD
JamesMcD Dork
2/22/16 12:14 p.m.

I just wanted to post in this thread since the OPs handle is so similar to mine.

WOW Really Paul?
2/22/16 12:56 p.m.

In reply to JamesMcD:

It wasn't f2t swapped, so we knew....

Storz
Storz Dork
2/23/16 5:54 a.m.

Glad it stayed in the GRM family!

WilD
WilD HalfDork
2/23/16 1:15 p.m.

I need to check this board for deals more often.

JMcD
JMcD New Reader
2/23/16 4:11 p.m.
JamesMcD wrote: I just wanted to post in this thread since the OPs handle is so similar to mine.

Not gonna lie. I've been tempted to publicly apologize in one for your threads for potentially taking your preferred user name but not using the handle to it's fullest potential (posting frequently).

:cheers:

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
adXJt6ZISx1O6QUr5a03jUStOfo8pNGPmcgqQYUznzoUlSjQ7KKuUusWaOLtqwta