petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/17/14 11:32 a.m.

I'm not thrilled about selling this one, I really like the car, but it looks like we'll be selling our old house so I'll be losing my garage(until I can build a bigger/better one).

1996 Miata, clear title in my name. I've owned it for 7-years, bought it with 54k mi and it now has about 130k. Most of those were in the 1st 1.5 years I had it, since then I average 2k/year on it. It's been garage kept since I've owned it, and not driven in winter(likely ever) - it's 100% rust-free! Has the stock torsen rear.

Newer stuff on the car:

TRM wheels with 225/45/15 Rivals.

Koni yellows on GC coilovers with Fat Cat mounts. I'll have to find the rates, but they're about the max for stock valving.

Flyin' Miata front bar with Racing Beat end links.

AGM battery.

Inner/outer tie rod ends & rack boots.

Camber bolts.

Racing Beat/clone intake.

The top is also pretty new, it has EBC Greenstuff pads on the rear, Hard Dog Hard-Core double-diagonal roll bar with outdated harness. Oh, and it has a remote mount oil filter.

The driver's seat bolster has a hole worn through, and the center console lid is scratched, but otherwise the interior is in great condition.

The paint isn't great, but it looks good at speed.

I have the set of stock 7-spoke wheels, a set of daisies, stock rear swaybar plus a Racing Beat bar.

Located in east-central Illinois, 120-miles from Chicago, 90-miles from Indy and 160 miles from St. Louis. Delivery possible, fly and drive would work too.

This is an older pic before I added the lip.

coldbeerchief
coldbeerchief None
6/6/14 2:45 p.m.

is it still available? I'm interested, but cannot send private msgs. pls. contact me coldbeerchief AT aol dot com. thanks.

petegossett
6/6/14 11:33 p.m.

In reply to coldbeerchief:

Yes, it's still available. My email is my username at yahoo.

petegossett
7/19/14 3:55 p.m.

Bump. Still have this, still haven't been interested enough to drive it since I posted this, so it's definitely time to let it go.

petegossett
8/11/14 12:13 p.m.

It would be nice to move this along before winter. Price drop: $4500 with all spares.

petegossett
8/24/14 11:56 a.m.

One last bump - $4200 bottom dollar, or I'm putting the damn thing up on dollies and it'll still be parked there when I die.

cchs79
cchs79 New Reader
8/27/14 8:29 a.m.

Trade for a motorcycle?

petegossett
8/27/14 11:28 a.m.

In reply to cchs79:

Sorry, I don't have any use for a motorcycle.

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/27/14 11:45 a.m.

Argh....a couple more months this may be a possibility. Partial trade on a 2009 RX-8 R3?

petegossett
8/27/14 5:43 p.m.

In reply to CGLockRacer:

Hmm... I'm not particularly looking for one, but I'd be interested in hearing more details.

paul
paul HalfDork
8/27/14 6:38 p.m.

I'll be driving to/back from Chicago from NY later next month, if it's still FS at that point I'd be very interested!...

petegossett
8/27/14 9:49 p.m.

In reply to paul:

Check back in Paul, so far no one has made a commitment & I've only had one offer(to trade for a '04 Monte Carlo) that I declined.

petegossett
10/11/14 12:35 p.m.

Sold!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZepIyaXfqQYfASJSm62ZlnAaDhcj9y7AvOONAdcOnpURM8MgTwbsGRvTktNJR9FK