SOLD!

grafmiata
grafmiata SuperDork
8/11/13 6:28 p.m.

You've got mail...

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/11/13 8:06 p.m.

I was the third owner of this car, and would be picking it up for another round of ownership if we weren't looking at replacing the furnace in our house in the near future

Long story short, I bought it from the 2nd owner in VA because it was solid and absolutely spotless underneath (it was in VA for the first 11 years, I live in CT but garaged it and never drove it in the winter). The 2nd owner bought it as a CPO from the dealer it was originally sold from and then owned it for about 8 years before I bought it. It came with an impressive stack of maintenance records. I preemptively took care of the cooling system at 114k because of the horror stories I heard, so it has a graf water pump with a metal impeller, a behr radiator, an aluminum t-stat housing, and the belts and hoses were replaced at the same time.

Good luck with the sale, I'm sure the new owner will enjoy it as much as I did!

grafmiata
grafmiata SuperDork
8/11/13 8:37 p.m.
dj06482 wrote: ...it has a graf water pump...

Looks like I HAVE to buy it now, my name is already on the car!!!

ppddppdd
ppddppdd Reader
8/12/13 12:39 p.m.
dj06482 wrote: It came with an impressive stack of maintenance records. I preemptively took care of the cooling system at 114k because of the horror stories I heard, so it has a graf water pump with a metal impeller, a behr radiator, an aluminum t-stat housing, and the belts and hoses were replaced at the same time. Good luck with the sale, I'm sure the new owner will enjoy it as much as I did!

Thanks DJ.

I've probably still got the results from the PPI floating around. That was from 7K miles ago everything has stayed the same or gotten better. I'd really like this one to go to someone that'll take care of it. It's one of those cars that'll last forever if cared for, or be totally trashed in 2 years if it falls into the wrong hands.

Not quite as quick and pretty as the M3 I replaced it with, but at less than half the price it's hard to go wrong. :)

Nick Murphy
Nick Murphy New Reader
8/13/13 3:32 p.m.

Could you tell me how much you were asking for this car? Just for the purposes of torturing myself, thanks.

glueguy
glueguy GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/13/13 6:58 p.m.

Since it sold in less than a day after posting, I'll assume it was a GRM'er that got it. That would make three board owners. I wonder what the record is? Think I'll go post this in off topic.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UWbDJKfqaDHlI0ATISiqZdPZtX4Iy2rhLSv3GhFUCWNi7bKG6cvJwZUJSGKyNXFu