SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/3/15 9:32 a.m.

So I'm finally selling the E39 wagon. I bought the car for $3200 in January and have invested $4000+ in it since then, catching up on all the deferred maintenance. Now it needs the typical BMW rear suspension refurb and I just no longer have the time or energy to deal with this. It also doesn't fit in my garage at the new place, and I've been looking to downsize anyway. Those of you who have heard me gripe about the poor fuel economy in the past may like to know that I recently replaced the O2 sensors and my mileage has jumped from 19MPG up to about 23, which is an improvement for my mostly stop-and-go commute, but still not what I'd like to be seeing. It's time for a Mazda 2 or similar in my life.

Here's a link to the CL ad with more pics and info. I'm already losing my ass on this thing at my $4500 asking price; I flat-out refuse to negotiate that price with typical CL scum but if anyone can get me to cave, it's you guys...shoot me a PM if you want to discuss.

t25torx
t25torx Dork
10/31/15 6:48 p.m.

You still go this one man? I have a friend looking for a new wagon and he's leaning towards an E39.

motomoron
motomoron SuperDork
11/7/15 2:13 p.m.

This is a screaming good deal!

These are great, great cars.

(I paid double this for my '01 e39 525iT manual)

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/7/15 2:19 p.m.

Sold in mid-September for $3200.

t25torx
t25torx Dork
11/12/15 12:56 p.m.

Well damn. Was worth a shot. Glad you got it sold though.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZtasEbVwCBIH6aggANgdYJnZRiMojx9jfuEPgTFRvXXWb5VH7hLkNa5RMvrZdIWF