accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
5/14/18 8:26 a.m.

**EDIT it only has 126k, not 129k.

Just picked up an Excursion, so I need to thin the heard. Located in Middle TN, can deliver a reasonable distance.

I wouldn't hesitate to drive this anywhere right now. I drove it all over Southern California, then across the country to TN where it's been dutifully running about. I purchased it with 108k on the clock, so all of this has been done in <20k miles - most of the miles are interstate (3k of it from driving from CA->TN). If you drive with a light foot I've seen 16mpg. 

The Good:
-126k Miles!
-No rust - So-Cal ftw. It's still never seen a "real" winter or salt.
-Upper intake manifold gaskets, new style. Replaced as preventive maintenance - not because of the infamous upper intake leak.
-New style Spider injector - again preventive maintenance - I've seen 16 mpg highway, 12-14 towing 3k lbs. Never a stumble when starting
-New plugs and wires
-Idler and pitman arms replaced - alignment done right after.
-New tires - great tread life with even wear.
-New headlights/tail lights
-New rear-hatch struts
-Recently done pads, the rotors need turned I think (I was being lazy). Checked drums a while back, these trucks under-utilize the rear brakes, they still looked great.
-Did a full flush of brake fluid.
-Pan drop on the transmission with new filter - fluid that came out was clear and un-burnt, new fluid since has looked great
-Transfer case drain/refilled/checked with GM fluid
-I've drained and refilled 1/2 the coolant in the system, once again GM Dexcool stuff it's hard to get it all since these have rear-heaters. Could use it done again
oil changes always done at 3k miles, just had an oil change. 
-Transmission never slips - I've only towed in 3 and it was owned by a family as a runabout in So-Cal (went from grandmother -> son, etc). It has a factory trans-cooler and the "tow package."
-Rear diff inspected, looking goooood

Bad Stuff:
-I think the wheels need re-balanced, I haven't dug deep. You only notice it when towing vibration ~70mph on certain highways.
-Squeeky rear-hatch
-Some carpet stains in the rear hatch - I think a pressure washing would get it out, but that's a biggggg carpet
-Sister hit her fence post and scratched the passenger side rear door, fortunately ONLY that door, so it's pretty easily replaced if you so desire, it hasn't bothered me, but I don't daily this truck.
-Needs EVO-steering sensor replaced, I have the delete for it, but haven't put it in. Right now the sensor is just disconnected, it makes the steering overly-light.
-Rear-main has a 3/10 leak. I.e. a quart every 1500ish miles if that? I was getting ready to have it replaced when I got the new truck.

-A/C works, but the compressor squeaks when turned on, rear A/C needs needle valve cleaned out (common issue)

-Air controls stuck on defrost in the front - I'll try to get this fixed before selling, just a matter of removing the dash, which I've been avoiding.

For GRM I'm looking for 4500 obo - interested in nifty trades + cash (me or you adding).

I'll add more recent pictures shortly.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/b0gFmEj4n2lZ0d2E3

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
5/14/18 1:33 p.m.

Price sounds strong for the AC work it needs.  Mileage is nice, but black is not my color.   

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
5/14/18 1:50 p.m.

In reply to spitfirebill :

Very diplomatic way of putting that :) OBO for sure.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo Dork
5/14/18 3:13 p.m.

Gonna need some more pics.  Underside, interior, drivers seat, up close on the scratches, etc etc.  

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
5/14/18 4:16 p.m.

In reply to 93gsxturbo :

Will have them later tonight or tomorrow.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
5/14/18 10:44 p.m.

I have a few hits from craigslist and friends, maybe some of them will actually turn up. I'll try to get som pictures tomorrow in the light!

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Dork
5/14/18 11:45 p.m.

Looks nice. I like this generation. 

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
5/15/18 2:29 p.m.

Added some bad photos to the album, I have someone already wanting to come this weekend - so maybe I can get this moved quickly. I need to vaccum and wash the car - works been nuts, so it'll have to wait.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
5/15/18 7:09 p.m.

Sold my ‘99 last year.  More miles but fewer “issues”.  $2,700 these are getting pretty elderly.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
5/15/18 7:23 p.m.

It's actually 126k, not 129k. Not sure where I got that number.

psteav
psteav Dork
5/16/18 4:36 p.m.

Any interest in a partial trade for a '98 528i with three pedals?

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
5/17/18 7:20 a.m.
psteav said:

Oops, missed this - that's super tempting, but I'll have to pass for now! Thanks for the offer!

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
5/17/18 7:34 a.m.

if it was 3 months ago, I would have bought it sad

Not that I dislike what I got, this is just a better deal. 

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
5/17/18 7:53 a.m.
accordionfolder said:

In reply to spitfirebill :

Very diplomatic way of putting that :) OBO for sure.

Thanks.  Despite what some people may think, I'm not an SOB.

GLWS.  I've been very half-heartedly looking for a tow pig for a larger camper.   

psteav
psteav Dork
5/17/18 9:38 a.m.
accordionfolder said:
psteav said:

Oops, missed this - that's super tempting, but I'll have to pass for now! Thanks for the offer!

No worries.  I'm potentially still interested for cash.   Whereabouts in Middle TN are you at?

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
5/18/18 8:13 a.m.

In reply to psteav :

I'm located South of Nashville ~40 minutes, but I'm happy to drive a bit for someone to take a peak to see if it's for them. It's a really good truck, I keep waffling on wanting to keep it just for a backup... But you know 6 cars...

Other trade fodder: Various miata parts as partial trades (or full trades) for teh exocet, turbo stuff, bicycles (especially TT/Triathlon bikes) in 54cm/56cm, Mazdaspeed3 parts

Our Preferred Partners
hDHTPxebIlTB339GEEy8fOO9vz9q0lBQ