OSULemon
OSULemon Reader
7/5/18 6:25 p.m.

This is partly a feeler and valuation gauge and partly serious ad. We are absolutely interested in selling this van, while I've no actual idea what it's worth. This could be a good thing for you. For those not actually interested in buying, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

This is a 1999 E-350 Super Duty converted early in its life by Zephyr Vans to be a more upscale version of your typical homeschool hauler van. It's a 12-passenger high-top with dated "entertainment system," some interior lights and audio controls. It's a far cry from what feels luxurious nowadays. It only has 61k miles; its 5.4L and drivetrain are absolutely rock solid.

Interior and exterior, not so great as they were. Rust issues due to being a NE van, some worn or fading interior trim pieces & seals, the driver and passenger seats could use reupholstering, and the carpet isn't as plush as it once was. The 10 passengers seats are in fairly good condition.

So that's it. Low mileage, well maintained, just getting rougher cosmetically and obviously the rust. My best guess for a buyer is maybe a contractor who wants a bigger version of your typical work van? Or a GRM-type who can convert the interior into a camper with plenty of towing capacity for a car trailer.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo SuperDork
7/6/18 3:28 p.m.

Around here thats an "all-you-can-creep" of around $1500, more if it comes with some chains, locks, and dark Aviators.  

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/7/18 6:08 a.m.

If I see something on CList I'm interested in and it ends with "Hey just throwing this out there to see what you think it's worth", I'm tempted to flag it. 

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Digital Experience Director
7/7/18 7:34 a.m.

The rust makes that a $1000 drywall van here. 

white_fly
white_fly Reader
7/7/18 7:44 a.m.

The low mileage is nice, but completely cancelled out by the rust and beat interior. I agree with the first two comments; ask for $1500, take anything over $1k.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KsfOwti7tiqakecFG4HkqPXOOdC4WMDL6QWyaOUKjClC6jgjVD3Qqkp9VMdSm7yc