-Mazda 1.8L Engine

-Ceramic Headers

-Cold-Air Intake

-Power Steering and A/C Deleted

-Supertrapp Exhaust

-Stripped, Lightened, Caged

-Recaro Racing Seat and GForce 6 Point Belt

-$20k build (receipts included)

-Currently sitting on Kosei K1 Lightweight Racing Wheels with Toyo DOT Slicks, also comes with second set of factory wheels

Items Replaced Under My Ownership -Transmission (with low-mileage unit)

-Windshield (new)

-Half-Shafts

-Brake Master Cylinder and Brake Booster (New)

-Fluids (Oil-->Mobil 1 or Syntec used/Coolant--> Standard/Gear Oil-->Royal Purple/Brake-->Motul 660

-Plugs (Switched over to Denso Iridiums)

-Brakes (Currently using setup with Centric Stoptech Front Cross-Drilled and Slotted Rotors mated to Hawk HP Plus Pads/Centric Shoes and Drum in Rear)

The stack of receipts for this car is extensive. Purchased this car from a knowledgeable chap who was moving up to Spec E30. The car finished second at Nationals in 2007 or 2008? (have printout) It is lightweight, fast, and tremendously forgiving. I purchased to use for my HPDE and competition school process and am now motivated to sell after friends have sold me on a Spec E30 build. It is a perfect HPDE steed or with a few safety equipment updates, a proven PTF runner with a nationals podium pedigree. Bottom line, it has never failed me mechanically, is extremely cheap to run (parts are plentiful and cheap, and it is light on consumables by way of its weight and power), and is a blast to drive as it is basically a front-wheel-drive Miata. The paint isn't perfect but it is ready to roll. Feel free to pm for additional details or to schedule a time to see it.

Jeff
Jeff SuperDork
1/1/15 8:37 p.m.

Location and asking price?

e30MeisterBrau
e30MeisterBrau New Reader
1/3/15 8:57 a.m.

Sorry about that. I posted it in a couple of spots. $3300 and it is located in Langhorne, PA (19047).

-Evan

In reply to Jeff:

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/3/15 12:13 p.m.

Good lord that is the deal of the century. Does it remain street legal?

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Dork
1/4/15 11:00 a.m.

Is the cage up to date?

NGTD
NGTD SuperDork
1/4/15 12:59 p.m.

Any pics, and specs of the cage?

Bolt-in or welded?

e30MeisterBrau
1/5/15 11:37 a.m.

I've gotten a few questions about the interior and the cage. I don't have any pics as it is little tight in there with a camera, but here is the info. The interior has been completely stripped out to save weight. Seat is a Recaro racing seat. The cage appears to be an autopower bolt-in cage which was installed by a professional race shop. The cage was not required for my HPDE and TT use of the car so I can't speak to its present legality in any particular series. It still has its NASA 2010 sticker from last prior inspection. Also, to answer one of the above posters, it is not a street legal car. The airbags have been removed which I believe is a deal-breaker in every state, beyond that, whether it is street-legal would depend on where you plan to register it.

e30MeisterBrau
1/12/15 8:21 a.m.

Forgot to mention that I upgraded the transmission mounts to Corksport poly inserts and the shifter bushings to brass when the transmission was replaced. Made the shifter much, much more precise....

e30MeisterBrau
1/19/15 7:44 p.m.

Additional Pics of Engine Bay and Interior/Cage

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
1/19/15 8:14 p.m.

Do you have the NASA Log book? That might grandfather the cage for at least NASA Road racing. Presumably it had one when it was raced in PT so the cage was legal then. The Harnesses and such might need to be updated yes? Good luck looks like a heck of a deal.

e30MeisterBrau
1/20/15 2:09 p.m.

Yup, the logbook is included in the sale of the car and the cage was previously legal for NASA PT Series road racing. Can't see a reason why it wouldn't still be legal. Harnesses and such would depend on what you plan to do with it. They are fine for HPDE or TT, but would need to be updated for racing.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6EILVelnjDmm8dprd22t7eIjvhiFEKhXyGJkC3ECyN1pihpXfTCh3Sfd4rBaFx5U