Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
2/26/17 4:16 p.m.

Here's what's going on craigslist if local SCCA and you guys let me down:

157xxx miles, 5 speed manual, moonroof

I've owned this car for just over 3 years, and I've had plenty of fun with it. But after driving a friend's WRX I've decided to move up the ladder a little and pass this on to another. It's never let me down, and as you can see from a few racing photos it's always come back for more.

Mostly a stock car, the front end and hood have been plastidipped black using professional spray equipment, about 8-9 coats each, and it's very durable. The clear coat was peeling and if my friend hadn't moved away I would do the roof now as well...

Hood pins installed last year, still have the latch. HID headlights and the OEM bulbs come with it if you don't want that. Hella 500 driving lights on a hand-made bracket, Rokblokz mud flaps, cat-back exhaust when I bought it makes a nice rumble without being obnoxious. CG Lock seat belt buckle works almost as good as a harness. Almost.

New wipers, 1.5 year old battery, new brakes all around (everything up front, pads in back), full size spare wheel comes with it. I had a brand new fuel tank and filler assembly installed right after I bought it when the fuel pump gasket leaked (that wasn't cheap). Either new snow tires or I'll remount the old ones which are still good, depends on your offer.

The bad? Rust, yes she has it, not going to lie. Mostly body and underneath the rocker panels. Parking brake doesn't work. A/C needs recharging, a leak test showed a fitting needed replacing but I never bothered since I have a daily with A/C and mostly drive this in the winter, which the heater works great. Year before last I drove this car 12 hours to the Rallycross National Championship where I competed for 3 days (ok, more like participated), then drove it back 12 hours immediately after with zero problems.

Asking $4400 OBO. [note: Anything over $4k and for GRM'ers I'd take $3500]. Open to offers, no trades, so feel free to ask. All I can do is say no. (If your offer is on the low side I would remount the old tires.) Tags for your viewing pleasure: subaru impreza 2.5rs rallycross scca dirtycar

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
3/13/17 7:05 a.m.

Finally listed on craigslist last night, got woke up by a text at 2am asking to see it. Here we go... CL link

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
3/13/17 8:40 p.m.

Gaaah! Stop tempting me to break my "no more rusty cars" vow!

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
3/18/17 8:52 a.m.

In reply to kazoospec:

Surely a $3500 Subaru could persuade you?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aMU9eyIVZ5QIc81nlQB91Q9QqXnSfTaE68HCY1p46mhkMsC55FMJY5J19WQ8aTDm