PeteD
PeteD GRM+ Memberand New Reader
12/9/17 2:39 p.m.

I’m the 2nd owner of this 2003 Honda Element EX (1st owner was my dad). It’s good, basic transportation, as reliable as gravity, and gets mid-20s MPGs.

Features:

• Nighthawk Black Pearl exterior
  • Black cloth interior w/gray accents
  • 4WD / AWD
  • 2.4L 4cyl VTEC motor
  • 5spd manual transmission
  • A/C, tilt wheel, rear defogger & wiper
  • Power windows, locks & mirrors
  • AM/FM/CD
  • Dual airbags (Takata – dealer replaced under recall)
  • ABS
  • 16” alloy wheels w/215/70R16 Kumho Solus KR21 tires
  • large sunroof & privacy glass

Its generally in quite good condition inside & out, except for the drivers seat which has heavy wear (see photos). The registration & inspection are current and there are no engine codes or lights. I’m only selling this car because the kids have moved away and I’m downsizing.

VTEC yo!

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
12/10/17 2:23 p.m.

Where you at?

CyberEric
CyberEric Reader
12/12/17 5:16 p.m.

Sounds like he is in CT... too bad too, because if you were a little closer (SF Bay Area) I'd be interested. I didn't even know they made these in a manual!

PeteD
PeteD GRM+ Memberand New Reader
12/17/17 7:15 p.m.

In reply to CyberEric :

Yes, in Connecticut & with a 5-speed manual. I didn't realize this might be an unusual configuration.

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/18/17 8:59 a.m.
PeteD said:

In reply to CyberEric :

Yes, in Connecticut & with a 5-speed manual. I didn't realize this might be an unusual configuration.

It's more common to see a manual in an Element than in most vehicles.  I would say probably 20%-25% of the Elements I've seen have three pedals.

Great cars.  My assistant at work has a manual AWD element that she bought new and loves.  There's nothing else quite like it, and your price seems very fair based on the shopping I did when SWMBO thought she wanted one.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/18/17 9:44 a.m.

These were aimed at the younger generation, but were a hit with the older generation.  That's because they are dead-nuts reliable, simple, easy to maintain and versatile.  That good news is that older owners have money to take care of them and don't beat on them, so even high-mileage examples are still a bargain.  

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
12/18/17 9:45 a.m.

Very fair price. I just picked up a 2wd automatic last week, but it is not as nice as this one. Good luck with sale,

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/18/17 9:36 p.m.
PeteD said:

In reply to CyberEric :

I have actively shopped for these and the  5 speeds/AWD/Sunroof combo is  hard to find, though easier in the earlier years than in the later ones.

And, I will add, that this very Element has been in my driveway, and it looks like a pretty good one.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
12/19/17 7:30 a.m.

Not having driven one, can these be tweaked to make them "amusing" to drive with swaybars or other parts swapping?  I like the utility concept but not if it's a total snoozemobile.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aE6ouHUdLAZqEbEVqhyGnidAw99v3jjwQwH1N9JqnaCkkambJ9sB152xndcsuwQb