JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
6/7/14 6:23 p.m.

2003 Mazda Protege 5 with 152,831mi (still driving so more miles will be put on) The closest to $4000 can own this beast of a machine!!!

Well the time has come, I'm going to be moving south and it is hard to move 2 cars by yourself and moving cash is always needed.

I bought this November 2012 as a DD to keep miles of my RX8, have a DD that gets actual MPG's (average 28-31 MPG in daily driving,) and fulfill the rallycross itch that was nagging me bad for years.

If you need a vehicle for the new grad, a DD for you or have an itch for cheap entry to Motorsports in one of the best handling FWD cars out there while not breaking the bank and still carrying you're 2.5 kids and grocery's this is what you want!!!

Good

Jensen head unit with CD player, back up camera, iPod cable, and video jacks

MX6 Front and rear strut tower bars (not new but bolted in no major issues!)

All new

Denso Starter

NAPA Legend battery

Front pads (hawk HPS) and Rotors (brembo blanks from tire rack)

Reman NAPA rear calapers

88duro AWR front and rear engine mounts

Front wheel bearings (SKF)

Not Good

Rear wheel bearings making noise

Front tie rods (inner & outer) need replacing

Struts/shocks are due for replacement

Passenger Motor mount starting to tear

I'm looking at $4000 and reasonable offers because this is still one of the best cheap proteges you will find, all oil changes and work has been done by yours truly and all receipts from my ownership are sitting in my apartment currently.

Some pics..

More here... Photo's

And If you don't feel like fixing the issues don't fear, For the price of parts (or supply them) i can and will fix them for you!!!!!!

Would prefer local sale but I am flexible.

Feel free to send a PM (direct link to my E-mail that way) Or send questions/offers to jt_spells AT yahoo, I'm listing this here before cragslist because i much rather see it to go to another GRM'er before the public.

THANKS!!!!!

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
6/7/14 6:29 p.m.

Come on you know you want to be in those pics!!

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
6/9/14 7:37 a.m.

I've had my eye on these for a while now. Problem is they all seem to have pretty high mileage.

trigun7469
trigun7469 HalfDork
6/9/14 9:33 a.m.

Trade you a Race kart plus cash

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
6/9/14 7:23 p.m.
spitfirebill wrote: I've had my eye on these for a while now. Problem is they all seem to have pretty high mileage.

Agreed, On the same token there is not many wagons over 10 years old of any make with low miles that were not complete crap.

Needless to say (with proper care) there are still many miles left in this car.

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
6/9/14 7:25 p.m.
trigun7469 wrote: Trade you a Race kart plus cash

Trying to get rid of stuff for a move, otherwise I might consider it.

trigun7469
trigun7469 HalfDork
6/11/14 11:14 a.m.
JtspellS wrote:
trigun7469 wrote: Trade you a Race kart plus cash
Trying to get rid of stuff for a move, otherwise I might consider it.

A kart is a lot smaller item to move then a car

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
6/12/14 7:31 a.m.
JtspellS wrote:
spitfirebill wrote: I've had my eye on these for a while now. Problem is they all seem to have pretty high mileage.
Agreed, On the same token there is not many wagons over 10 years old of any make with low miles that were not complete crap.

I agree. Same dealeo with honda CRVs. The latest one I really want is a 2001 with a manual. Best i was able to find a while back had 125k miles. Most are way above that.

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
6/12/14 12:00 p.m.

In reply to trigun7469: Can you make one fit in an Rx8? Lol

trigun7469
trigun7469 HalfDork
6/13/14 9:17 a.m.
JtspellS wrote: In reply to trigun7469: Can you make one fit in an Rx8? Lol

I can't find a picture, but a friend of mine fit his in his EG Civic

trigun7469
trigun7469 HalfDork
8/11/14 1:30 p.m.

I sent you a email

tdrrally
tdrrally New Reader
8/11/14 6:41 p.m.

e-mail sent

markwemple
markwemple New Reader
8/11/14 7:36 p.m.

Wish you were in the mood for a part trade for a race car project. This would make a nice DO for my wife. Best of luck.

Advan046
Advan046 Dork
8/14/14 7:16 a.m.

Still available? I am looking for a DC area car. Baltimore is DC area enough.

It would be for my daughter to use for school. Need to know if there are any electrical gremlins. I can tackle the mechanical stuff on my own. Electrical stuff just gives me headaches and nightmares.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
h6m8IH0X7JYoIG1vOFsMBA0UU5Fp6DDraMOnEVOX7WhhEuxQss55BX6cR4w79cjt