pchois New Reader
July 9, 2013 11:53 a.m.

This is a 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege, 110k miles. As you can see it is track ready. Only selling it because I'm dealing with family issues and I need the money. Car runs perfectly. National TTD champion with NASA. The car is fast, you just need to learn to drive it.

FEATURED IN THE MAY EDITION OF GRM! GO TO PAGE 100

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/freemay14grm/

Since I got it I put new front bearings (Mazda original parts, no cheap replacements), low mileage drive shafts and a passenger seat with 5 point harness. A few things were removed (fire bottle) and relocated, but I still have everything. The car is located in Cleveland, OH always kept in a garage.

I am asking $6,000. It is a very reasonable price considering the mods, current state and the extras you will receive:

• 2 spare engine blocks
  • spare pistons, rods, water pump
  • splitter for the front
  • wing for the rear
  • original internals for the KSport coilovers (they were rebuilt due to wear and to match the new springs)
  • original KSport springs
  • extra spoiler and front grill
  • 2 sets of 15x8 ROTA slipstream wheels, each set has 225/45/15 Hoosier A6 mounted (80% and 90% left) - the car sits on a set of 16' wheels with old tires
  • 1 set of 215/45/17 Star Specs mounted on MSP wheels
  • extra hood
  • stock intercooler
  • other random parts

The only thing the car needs is 1 new wheel stud on the front right side (included with new lug nuts). Contact me for more pictures, video or questions. 440-804-4236 or pablo.chois@gmail.com

Current mods:

Suspension \ Chassis 6 point Self-Fabricated Roll Cage KSport Coilovers 500 lb/in Front Springs; 850 lb/in Rear Springs AWR Adjustable 21 mm Rear Swaybar AWR Front Endlinks AWR Motor Mounts

Wheels & Tires \ Brakes Hoosier A6 Tires (225/45/15) 15x8 Rota Slipstream Wheels, 40mm offset (2 sets, blue and black) Carbotech XP-12 front brake pads Carbotech AX-6 Rear Brake Pads Steel Braded Brake Lines ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid Summit Brake Proportioning Valve ARP Wheel Studs

Engine AWR Oil Pan Injen Intake Self-Fabricated airbox with headlight inlet Hardpipes Front Mount Intercooler Corksport 2.4" S and J pipes 2.5" Catless Midpipe Self-Fabricated Midpipe-back Exhaust Split Second Air Fuel Controller Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel Exedy Stage 1 Clutch

Interior Short shifter Mazdaspeed shift knob RCI 6-point Harness Ultrashield Pro Road Race Seat Mesh Window Net Self-Fabricated Seat Mount Odyssey Battery, Relocated to Passenger Side Floor SPA Fire Suppression System Autometer Boost, Oil Pressure and Oil Temp gauges Longacre HOT LAP (lap timer)

Exterior Self-Fabricated Front Bumper and Tow Hook Carbon Fiber Hood with heat extraction holes Lexan Windshield Lexan Side Windows Self-Fabricated Airdam and Undertray Aluminum rear spoiler

Removed Seats Door Trim Side Windows Carpet Stereo Airbags HVAC Air Conditioning Interior Trim Sound Deadening Muffler Anything Else Not Needed

Protege2886 Reader
July 9, 2013 11:56 a.m.

I followed the original build for this on mazdas247 - great ride. GLWS

SlickDizzy UberDork
July 9, 2013 12:24 p.m.

Lots of car for the money, for sure! Might be interested when I sell the E46...

sachilles SuperDork
July 9, 2013 7:42 p.m.

What s the spec on the cage? Tubing type and diameter?

pchois New Reader
July 10, 2013 7:19 a.m.

Tubing is 1.5 x .095 DOM mild steel

pchois New Reader
July 24, 2013 2:56 p.m.

Still available, will take a reasonable offer or keep some of the extras.

July 25, 2013 8:26 p.m.

Good luck; watched your maintenance thread on 24/7.

JtspellS Dork
July 25, 2013 9:08 p.m.

GLWS, would make a mention this would all fit perfectly in my Rally-x/DD P5 but this is too nice to break up!!

pchois New Reader
Aug. 9, 2013 7:08 a.m.

Still available.

pchois New Reader
Sept. 3, 2013 10:30 p.m.

Car is still available

corytate SuperDork
Sept. 3, 2013 11:39 p.m.

thats alot of car for the money. These things are fun stock, I'd imagine set up like that it'd be fantastic

pchois New Reader
March 25, 2014 11:09 a.m.

Car is still available, featured in the May edition of GRM (page 100).

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/freemay14grm/

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Grassroots Motorsports Experience Ticket Renewals Have Been Sent

14 hours ago in News

Check your inbox for our Grassroots Motorsports Experience renewals.

First Drive: Turbo ND MX-5

15 hours ago in News

We hit the track with Flyin' Miata's latest power adder.

Project Turbo Miata: Fire Fighting

17 hours ago in Project Cars

We transfer the fire system to our new Miata.

Vintage Views: GMC Syclone and Typhoon

1 day ago in Articles

All-wheel drive, turbo power and a Q-ship’s stealth.

Classic Motorsports Mitty Presented by Hagerty Celebrates Porsche

2 days ago in News

Gearhead heaven? We think it looks something like this.

This Weekend at the Mitty: The Ultimate Auto Festival

5 days ago in News

Gates open this Friday for the Classic Motorsports Mitty at Road Atlanta.

ND Miata Turbo Kits Now Available!

5 days ago in News

Add 70 horsepower and 70 ft.-lbs!

What's the Plan, Man?

6 days ago in Articles

Thoughts on our racing plan for the year.

Meet the Rebels Who Started the Cannonball Run

1 week ago in News

Relive those desperado days through movie excerpts, and hear the real facts and wild stories from the legends themselves.

Up for Auction: All of Level 5 Motorsports's Hardware

1 week ago in News

It's a pro race team part out.

Can You Really Live With a Low-Buck Porsche 911?

1 week ago in News

For the past two years, on of our forum regulars has been chronicling his life with a Porsche 996.

Reader's Ride of the Week: Autocross Abomination

1 week ago in News

Classic British styling with a rotary engine?

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
VeW2VPpO3eJP02ywuf8CcmWD0hBQwRVS