JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
11/8/17 11:36 a.m.

Let me start by saying this isn't a fire sale, and I'm not even sure I really want to sell it yet but I love this car too much to DD it and I'm starting to think about getting a nicer DD than my old P71 so perhaps its time to let her go.

2003 Marauder 300B
Silver Birch w/Dark Charcoal interior
155,000 miles

All systems working and A/C blowing ice cold. The engine and transmission have never been modified in any way (except for K&N cold air package) and neither has experienced a failure of any kind.  Interior is also excellent with less than normal wear for its age.   Small complaints, on occasion the PS front window doesnt work, just a loose connection somewhere that I haven't had time to chase down.  Some paint flaking on the beltline trim, it touches up easy with touchup paint and looks good but should probably be sanded back and sprayed at some point.

P.O. tracked it twice to test the improvements from the mods listed below.  It ran 15.43 @ 91 MPH the first time (bone stock) and 14.26 @ 97 MPH 

SCT Xcal 2 Programmer w/3 tunes by Rinehart Performance
4.10 rear gear set (original 3.55 gears included)
K&N Cold Air Kit (original stock parts included)
Stainless Works cat back exhaust system w/stainless tips (no headers)

I personally chose this car from a few after reviewing the POs history on the Marauder forums.  He never asked for the quick or cheap way to fix something, he always asked what was the best way and who was the best person to do it.  I have maintained the car in the same mindset, unlike some of my others :)  No corners cut, nothing done halfway and everything maintained correctly.  I just redid the rear axle with new outer bearings, one axle shaft and seals when the bearings started making noise.  Its a common issue I've had to fix on all my Panthers and its one the next owner wont have to worry about.

Other recent fixes/updates include new AGM battery and new Nitto tires.

I have documented maintenance and repair history on the vehicle which will be included as well.

As noted not in a hurry to sell and therefore the asking price is not the lowest at $7700.  No doubt you can find cheaper Marauders, and more expensive ones as well.  I feel the price is fair, I'm also willing to have reasonable discussions with interested buyers.

I would entertain trades as follows (for any of the below, no projects, good running driving vehicles only)

A decent small to mid size RV

A corvair Lakewood wagon, automatic preferred

Any other small(ish) vintage wagons (Falcon, Studebaker, etc) 

I can be reached via email at Jim at misfittoysracing dot com

More photos at http://misfittoysracing.com/Marauder/  but here are a few, some are from when I brought her home but she doesnt look any different today.  Just needs a good wash right now but the weather isnt cooperating.  Front window tint may be removed shortly as I am going to be driving this more and I'm getting a bit tired of getting hassled by the local police about the tint.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/8/17 1:50 p.m.

OK, I'm strangely intrigued by this... but not quite in the market yet.  I will vouch for the seller, however.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
11/8/17 2:09 p.m.

I just checked our CL.  These are running $10-14k. 

I thought your price was cray cray! 

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
11/8/17 3:35 p.m.
spitfirebill said:

I just checked our CL.  These are running $10-14k. 

I thought your price was cray cray! 

Yes these are not your typical panther and the prices reflect it.  As noted above you can pick them up cheaper but you will be buying someone else's problems most likely.  If you like to wrench then its not a bad way to get into one, they are easy to wrench on.  But if you just want to buy a turnkey car they run a bit more.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
11/9/17 9:19 a.m.

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/d/1969-mercury-marauder/6364352112.html

Not to threadjack but I also went to the CL to see (and your price seems very fair) where I found this time capsule Marauder.  Worth ogling.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
11/9/17 12:23 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

I thought they were all 429s. 

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
1/2/18 9:03 p.m.

SOLD

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RQI7WpqBYbkeau2nve9kdeNHMFGrCcAHEFmuIRyPHn3RrwgGw3f4kBOCLOT22Exn