Tyler H GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/23/18 8:29 p.m.

2004 BMW 330i ZHP Silver/Alcantara 6MT - Limited Slip Differential 
VIN: WBAEV53424KM05724
Price: $11k <obo for GRMers>
Mileage: 166,xxx
Transmission type: 6MT
Color: Titan Silver
Packages: Performance Package, Alcantara Interior, Black Cube Trim, Heated Seats, sunroof, Xenon headlights, HK Sound System

I am the 5th owner of this car. No paintwork, no accidents, clean Carfax. 

Maintenance history since 2014:
- Full cooling system (radiator, water pump, expansion chamber, hoses, sensors, fluid)
- Motor Mount
- Oil Filter Housing Gasket
- Fuel Pump/Filter
- Plugs and Filters
- Rear Pads and Rotors
- Front Pads and Rotors
- Valve Cover Gasket
- Dr. Vanos repair
- DISA Valve
- Mobil 2x annually (low miles per year)

-Replaced burnt ZKW headlights with AL units and new lenses (11/14)
-Replaced floor mats (11/14)
-30% tint all around (11/14)
-New ZHP shift knob (11/14)
-Replaced broken ashtray and surround (12/14)
-Removed front license plate bracket (12/14)
-New BMW/Sekurit windshield (2/15)
-Replaced front cowl below windshield (2/15)
-New ignition coil (2/15)
-New ignition coil (4/15)
-New gloss black kidneys (5/15)
-New fog lights w/ Lamin-x film (5/15)
-New leather steering wheel with BMW Motorsport tri-stitching (5/15)
-Redish subframe job (2016)
-Bushing service (2016) including:  AKG shore 90a poly subframe bushings.  OE diff bushings, RTAB bushings+poly limiter, front control arms, Z4M FCAB

Modifications:
-Diffsonline 3.46 3-clutch limited slip differential
-larger diff cover
-Redish Motorsports rear subframe reinforcements welded in.  This involved stripping the car from the tailshaft back, cleaning the unibody, examining for cracks (there were none,) welding in the Redish plates and sealing with weld-thru primer on the back, POR-15 on the top, then repainted silver.
-Ground Control street / school coilovers (https://groundcontrolstore.com/collections/e46-complete-coilover-system/products/bmw-e46-non-m3-track-school-full-coilover-kit)
-Rogue Engineering front strut brace
-SBC lower rear control arms
-OE 'rough road' front strut tower reinforcement plates
-Z4M lollipops
-Apex ARC-8 18x9 ET30 wheels with Continental Extremecontact Sport tires (~2k miles ago, flawless condition)
-Bimmerworld stud conversion
-Bimmerworld braided brake lines
-Carbotech XP12 front brake pads (only used for HPDE...new OE Mfg Pagid pads currently installed)

Condition:

This car looks and drives great.  I wanted a car that I can drive occasionally to work on nice days, or to the track and do an HPDE.  This car is nice enough to be very presentable, but not a garage queen that is going to break on track -- it is 100% track ready. 

Clean, dry, rust-free.  Zero leaks.  The engine is smooth, quiet, powerful and consumes very little oil....none if you're tracking it occasionally.  DD duty, it uses a negligible amount.  I've never topped it off.

Transmission is like butter.  

Suspension is a great compromise for street and track use, if you live somewhere with good roads.  Between the 18s, low profile tires, and low compliance suspension mounting, you may not want to DD this car somewhere with a lot of potholes and rough pavement.

Interior is in great shape.  Still smells great inside.  Non smoker owners.

EVERYTHING works.  Needs nothing.  I'm going to take it to have a more pedestrian alignment put on and change the oil next week.  Corner-balanced at 50.9% cross-weight with 175lb ballast in the driver seat.  Total weight with driver @ 3326lb.

Original Style 135 wheels included.

Thanks for looking!  You can reach me at 865-755-9592 or tyler_hamilton@comcast.net

Link to the full album here: Pictures!

Link to pictures from the subframe reinforcement here: Weld'n!

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
2/28/18 4:35 p.m.

That's a very tasty car you have there!  GLWS! 

Tyler H
3/2/18 9:06 p.m.

Car pending sale to a fellow GRM’er, which makes me very happy.

calteg
calteg Dork
3/3/18 1:14 p.m.

the shifter in the ZHP cars is very, very underrated. 

Tyler H
3/3/18 5:22 p.m.
calteg said:

Agreed, it has that distinct BMW feel, but is a joy to hustle through the gears.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/5/18 1:13 p.m.
Tyler H said:
calteg said:

Agreed, it has that distinct BMW feel, but is a joy to hustle through the gears.

I do like shifting my ZHP. Only thing I don't like it 1st is hard to get into sometimes. 

Tyler H
3/6/18 7:33 p.m.
AWSX1686 said:
Tyler H said:
calteg said:

I do like shifting my ZHP. Only thing I don't like it 1st is hard to get into sometimes. 

I've never experienced that.  Have you changed the transmission and engine mounts?  I'd start there because it's cheap and easy.

AWSX1686
3/7/18 8:17 a.m.
Tyler H said:
AWSX1686 said:
Tyler H said:
calteg said:

I've never experienced that.  Have you changed the transmission and engine mounts?  I'd start there because it's cheap and easy.

Not yet, I was suspecting a change to redline fluid might help. I've only owned it about 3 months now, and the better part of the first 2 were on jackstands due to the PO putting in a trashed M3 diff, so it took a while to piece it together back to stock. Next I have to fix the brake light trifecta that came after I was done... angry It really is a good thing the car is so nice to drive otherwise, or else I'd have gotten rid of it already. 

dherr
dherr GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/7/18 8:58 a.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 :

All this DD work is distracting you from your more important projects!

AWSX1686
3/7/18 9:29 a.m.
dherr said:

In reply to AWSX1686 :

All this DD work is distracting you from your more important projects!

You're telling me! 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/7/18 12:03 p.m.

Redline will not help the shifter action.  In fact, the Roundel-recommended Redline MTL will make it a little balkier when cold, and they acknowledge that in their recommendation.  But it is better for the long term.  In my experience, you just need to be courteous when putting it in first gear, or for the first couple of miles after startup.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/11/18 8:35 p.m.

My wife and I got home this afternoon from picking up this ZHP in Knoxville. Tyler is fantastic to deal with and the car is incredible. He's done amazing things to it, and it is a blast to drive. Super stoked! The highlight of the trip home was my first time on the Tail!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/12/18 7:59 a.m.

That thing is hot.  Not even 'hawt', I mean truly hot.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/12/18 10:14 a.m.
Duke said:

That thing is hot.  Not even 'hawt', I mean truly hot.

I gave it a good bath late yesterday and thought the same thing. The e46 sedan and e39 are such timeless designs. The proportions are absolutely perfect. Slightly more aggressive wheels and tires, and a touch lower, really nails the look!

Tyler H
3/13/18 9:31 a.m.

Looks good!  Man, I've got something in my eye.  Is it hot in here?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yctj45Yd1U3G5THDVPZiJ0caNNh36537YXKnJutX4ufkPfcr77md7nkDy5iDxIwt