P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/19/18 9:19 p.m.

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/d/mechanic-special-2005-bmw-z4/6668792283.html

The guy is asking $2,500 on craigslist but I've been in text contact and he's willing to go $2,300. I REALLY want this car to drive and flip but I can't afford it until I have actually executed on flipping my current Z4.

I hope someone picks it up and really enjoys this one.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
8/19/18 9:29 p.m.

that looks really good. I hadn't realized these have gotten almost to challenge money.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
8/21/18 7:19 a.m.

That's seems like a very low price.   

I wonder how long it was under water?  

ManhattanM (fka NY535iManual)
ManhattanM (fka NY535iManual) Reader
8/21/18 1:15 p.m.

The "needs EPSmodule" is the issue. I looked at these cars last year... all the cheap ones seem to have some version of this problem. As I understand it, it's a pretty finicky electric power steering system that can fail in a few different ways. Parts prices can be crazy. The pump/motor alone was like $300 used, and that's only one possible failure point.  Anybody who would have to pay a shop to do the work would just write the car off at this point. If it were local to me I'd think hard at $1500-1800 as a flip candidate. 

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/21/18 1:29 p.m.

In reply to ManhattanM (fka NY535iManual) :

That EPS module was the part that pushed me (read: "my wife") over the edge. I might have found someone in Tampa to look at it and verify a) that it exists b) that it starts and goes into gear, but a job that's $1500 in labor means roughly 15 hours for a shop which means roughly four weeks of evenings for a P3PPY.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gS2Rr3YDDtdsWOf1OcOr0H5LcVxWLpMQpY4O5xrVGpHIkHMc7hlxei1Ta8BCd82L