Petrolburner
Petrolburner Dork
6/1/17 5:22 p.m.

Asking $21,500 on Craigslist.

I recently bought a house and I'm changing up my vehicle fleet as a result.

Watch this video I made for a walk around and explanation. You'll have to copy and paste this address into your browser since Craigslist has blocked clickable links https://youtu.be/zoUKcP0pgG0

The Good:

All the common issues have been addressed already.

The crank pulley is known to disintegrate and throw the serpentine belt. I installed a new Gates belt and Summit Racing crank pulley. It is the same size as stock, not an underdrive pulley, so the A/C and electrical all work like normal.

CAGS eliminator. I only found the 1-4 skip shift annoying in parking lots, where I really did want to go to 2nd gear but the EPA cheating software Chevy put in wouldn't let me. The amber skip shift light still comes on at the predetermined speed, throttle and gear settings, but you can still shift to any gear you want.

Steering column lock eliminator. They tend to fail, mine did, I installed the bypass module and now the steering column never locks. No issues since then.

It has brand new BFGoodrich Sport Comp 2 tires. $810 and lifetime balancing at Discount Tires.

Corsa Sport axle-back exhaust. This sounds great during acceleration and deceleration, but it's virtually silent on the highway during steady state partial throttle. This was important for me because the C6 is such a great road trip car and I didn't want to take away from that.

Koni Sport adjustable shocks. The rest of the suspension is all stock.

Billet aluminum pedal covers. My foot slipped off the slippery stock clutch pedal one day when my shoes were wet. Not anymore. I got the gas pedal and dead pedal to match.

It's painted the same yellow as the Corvette racecars. The Le Mans story of the C6 is pretty cool so I got the floormats to match with the Jake logo. Take no prisoners!

Dewitts all aluminum, dual core radiator with integrated oil and trans coolers. The stock radiator has plastic end tanks and they sprung a leak. I could have spent $350 on another stock one or $700 on this all aluminum one.

Z06 fender guards and rear spoiler. All the black plastic gets a treatment of Meguiar's Back to Black several times a year so it looks great.

Overall it's in great shape, has a unique color combination, all the options you could want, manual transmission, under 100k miles, the roof stows in the trunk on warm days, heated seats for cold days, dual zone climate control etc. I changed every fluid when I bought it 2 years ago, and I just changed the oil last week.

The Bad:

It has a few paint chips. Mostly the mirrors and front bumper, watch the Youtube video for details or look at the photos.

The center console has 2 cracks in it.

The starter button and the door release buttons have lost part of their finish over the years.

The carpet on the passenger side along the tunnel looks like it shrank a little bit and there is now a small gap exposed.

I also have a set of chrome wheels with good front tires and worn out rear tires because the previous owner bought Pilot Sports for the rear and a Pilot Sport AS 3s for the front. Naturally the rear tires weren't going to last as long as the fronts when one is lucky to last 20k miles and the front are good for 50k. Don't do that.

https://youtu.be/zoUKcP0pgG0

Petrolburner
Petrolburner Dork
6/8/17 10:11 p.m.

I dropped the price to $21,999. Discount still stands for GRM.

Blaise
Blaise Reader
6/14/17 6:22 a.m.

You said under 100k... but never stated the mileage? Care to share? GLWS!

Petrolburner
Petrolburner Dork
6/14/17 3:45 p.m.

86k miles. Dropped the price down to $21,500 today on the craigslist ad. Running out of a discount for GRM.

Petrolburner
Petrolburner Dork
6/21/17 10:39 p.m.

Bump. I'll be home Friday if anyone wants to check it out.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
h3NGBLpVZFCvoTO9gvPnX8puqJCSIG46bZRx3kFXpwa3gusxys2Lh6ALaSTaq78v