1 2
tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/1/18 8:53 p.m.

It is time to sell my Jeep (well, almost time) and I wanted to offer it up here first. The $5k number is just what the books tell me is fair, prices seem to vary widely and I have no knowledge of the relevant market forces hence the best offer part... The only catch here is that I would still like to enjoy use of it for the next two weeks and would be very flexible on price for a GRMer that could be very flexible about pick up (delivery?) date and circumstances. 

Sorry to say I do not have great pictures ready but can take specific requests...

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited- Atlantic City, NJ; $5k obo

Enthusiastically maintained daily driver used like a proper jeep; Highlights include:

Owned it for 3 years/30k, vehicle was not neglected but does show some age, runs/drives well

Typical dents, scratches, wear & tear; surface rust (esp. underneath) but no rot or significant damage

Black ext., Grey leather int. w/ polished redwood; fairly good condition overall & fully loaded

5.7 Hemi V8 w/ 145k miles; 13 mpg mixed use (15 highway, 11 offroad); 89 octane reqd.

Quadra Drive II full time 4 wheel drive w/ low range & traction control; 5 speed auto w/ manual shift

Double Din touchscreen DVD player w/ Bluetooth in place of dated factory satnav (wired to play in drive)

New rear back-up camera (good picture & colors w/ guides)

Sheepskin seat cover over torn driver’s seat (grey); rear seat has wear from child seat

Missing speaker in front passenger’s door (blown); decent stereo otherwise

Weather tech floor mats front & rear

New key fob & battery for door locks / rear window

New low range shift lever and interior door handles

New Kumo all terrain tires (255/70r17) on OEM alloy wheels w/ new tpms sensors; full size spare

3” lift (2.75?) Installed by previous owner

New Bilstein Heavy Duty shocks w/ new adjustable ball joints

New brakes (Hawk street pads) & rotors front & rear

Rebuilt front & rear driveshafts

New performance exhaust; new catalytic converters; new oxygen sensors

Vent shades on all 4 windows

New OEM fog lights (tinted yellow lamin-x film)

New full length steel step rails; Steel front brush guard (minor rust)

New windshield & OEM rain sensor; new wipers; new struts for rear window (and hood)

New thermostat and radiator hoses

New auxiliary pusher fan w/ thermostat mounted in front of power steering & transmission coolers

New K&N panel filter

Tow package w/ tow mode, 4 & 7 pin connectors & class IV receiver (impressive tow rating)

Will incl.: 2” ball w/ hitch, new shackle w/ new hitch, new pin & factory jack, etc.

too much to remember or list...

I cannot even list all the options but http://www.wkjeeps.com/2009_features.htm has info

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/4/18 7:19 a.m.

I honestly figured on some good, old-fashioned low balling by now... wouldn't post here if I wasn't aware of exactly how frugal most of us are. I cannot be offended and have often gone out of my way to help fellow enthusiasts so feel free.

I also expected that someone would know more about my car than I do and would correct me somewhere or update the info somehow... also to explain precisely why I should give them an incredible deal.

Writing the list out it seems like I have spent a ton of time and money on this old girl but the parts are cheap and I really prefer to stay ahead on maintenance. All things considered, she is a good vehicle but I just don't need her in the fleet anymore.

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/6/18 11:33 a.m.

I almost forgot! Somewhere in the past I am pretty sure that I replaced the gas cap, too...

The real sweetener that I am throwing into the deal is a bnib Cabin Air Filter. I think that we can all agree that something like this really changes the whole deal!

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo SuperDork
6/6/18 4:12 p.m.

Pics of the rust?

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/6/18 5:01 p.m.

I am probably too used to surface rust on everything overnight and somewhat philosophical about it... The body itself has almost zero rust; like one small spot I noticed on the A pillar. Every few months under my care it has been power washed underneath and sprayed with rust converter, fwiw.

The aftermarket front bumper guard is the worst. There is crustiness all over. 

My fat thumb (and some rust converter overspray that has yet to be buffed off)

The hitch, 7-pin and cheap back-up camera (works well). All crusty but solid.

I snapped a few pics underneath the rear end. Everything is rock solid, no crunchyness.

Obviously, I was driving through the wet sand on the shoreline this morning...

Looking down the rear wheel well shows a typical scene.

I noticed that there are even still little rubber nubbins on the tires they are so new.

I smacked everything with a small ball peen hammer and it all rung solid and I didn't notice any rot. As a former Mshiny happy person I would declare it rust free up in New England, but I want to be clear: It has lived on an island within sight of the ocean and has been driven in dirty, sandy & wet conditions frequently in the past 3 years. I looked at all the door sills, door bottoms and window frames and didn't notice anything. The really nice thing is that there are probably no stuck fasteners since I think I have already dealt with them all.

Current issue I am tracking down is the interior door panels and such are occasionally rattleing. I think that years of heat (black car) and vibration (think Dukes of Hazard!) have taken their toll so I have a few dozen little plastic clips on hand but haven't gotten there.

I'm horrible at selling cars and I want to be totally transparent while calling the rust minimal. I do know that forum regular Mad Machine lives and works nearby, maybe he could give it a quick inspection sometime? I'll do my best to answer and questions or take more pics if you like.

ETA: I noticed one of the transmission hoses was a little damp from some very minor weeping but there are zero leaks.

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/6/18 5:18 p.m.

I treid to get a shot down the length of the car to show the pinch weld and "frame" rail. There is definitely rust present but in minimal quantity.

Almost forgot about a little new spot on the front edge of the drivers door. I guess the hing has sagged a little too much and needs minor attention.

I haven't given it a good spring cleaning this year because I have been too busy with other things and not motivated once I decided to sell it...

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/8/18 8:52 a.m.

Two different people passed because they really want the 6 cylinder... I just don't know...

A couple of people have asked so I am putting it out there: $3,500 

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/11/18 10:08 a.m.

I still have this and am already annoyed with people so I am offering you all one hell of a deal...

From now until dinner time Friday I will do $2018. 300hp/385tq for challenge money!

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/11/18 10:12 a.m.

Holy cow. That is a great deal. Not what I'm looking for, unfortunately, but even there, still tempting.

mikeatrpi
mikeatrpi HalfDork
6/11/18 12:14 p.m.

Do you have interior pictures?

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/11/18 12:19 p.m.

In reply to mikeatrpi :

Sorry, not at the moment but I can take some a post them later.

The interior shows it's age but is still in decent condition. 

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/11/18 6:10 p.m.

Some wear on the dash buttons and I think one bulb just went out on the hvac cluster but overall decent. Sorry this all sucks but I am not doing so well and trying the new system of uploads on my phone...

chuckles
chuckles Dork
6/11/18 8:13 p.m.

Nice, big car.

TA_
TA_ New Reader
6/11/18 8:16 p.m.

Incredible price! 

Rated to tow 7200 lbs.  Seems like a no-brainer for someone on the east coast looking for a cheap tow rig.

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/11/18 8:31 p.m.

The two little things I know some people dislike are the requirement for 89 octane and 5w-20 synthetic. I've always used 93 octane and changed oil every 5k.

The Hemi is LOUD and the intake noises are almost better than the exhaust so I was happy to pay the little bit extra. 

This pic is just because the sun came out for a few minutes and made me happy. The building on the left is infamous the minor rant thread...

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/11/18 9:40 p.m.

Wow excellent price. And I have to get home from NYC Thursday night/Friday.... Could cancel my flight...

Gah!

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
6/11/18 11:05 p.m.

Killer deal. I have no need for it, and have six cars right now (two over my comfort zone) and you still have me thinking about it. My wife would glare at me for a solid minute.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/11/18 11:28 p.m.
Robbie said:

Wow excellent price. And I have to get home from NYC Thursday night/Friday.... Could cancel my flight...

Gah!

You buy it at $2,018, and I’ll give you $2,500 for it as soon as I sell one of my vehicles currently for sale. For serious. 

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/12/18 8:47 a.m.

It occurred to me that a little more time might be helpful to anyone actually works so I will extend the sale until breakfast on Saturday, brunch at the absolute latest!

I'm easy to reach at 2 one 5 two 8 zero 0 seven 3 zero almost anytime if you want an extensive list of every little minor issue I can recall from the past few years in a level of detail that would bore a casual car guy and drive mere mortals into the depths of the abyss...

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
6/13/18 5:43 p.m.

I want to help.  

For starters, if the price is $2018 for GRM'er then lets get this over to the $2018 section.  That's where the "cheap skates" shop.  They might not even look in this side.

How many miles?  

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/13/18 5:59 p.m.

Sale pending to a GRMer. I'll update once the title is signed.

I hope it works out and that it is a great vehicle for them; it has been a good ownership experience for me. Also, I see the guy at least once a year in FL so I'll hear all about it if he hates it... wink

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/13/18 6:00 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Thanks for the thought, I know you are much better at the buying/selling stuff. Hopefully it moves on tomorrow...

FWIW: 147k

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/13/18 6:11 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Also, I did try to reply to the other post you made bit I messed up or something. Just got up from a nap and am bad at interneting. 

Thanks again.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
6/13/18 6:24 p.m.

In reply to tb :

Based on the pending sale I deleted the other

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/13/18 8:51 p.m.

Busy day at work, so haven't been able to post. Yes I cancelled my flight and bought a bus ticket from NYC to Atlantic City.

Wife and I have been looking to replace our 215k mile Odyssey, and while not exactly the right tool for the job we are willing to try this out as a family truckster.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ptUMoeVIGQBzZXLGzAHJ5p9CWtSZZt2I7cEK78BBzR52SD37q2xino4uFVdkhDPb