1 2
Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/13/14 1:38 p.m.

2005 Pontiac GTO. 6-speed manual. Midnight Blue Metallic with black leather interior. 88,000 miles. Very clean and completely stock other than a GMM shifter. I am the second adult owner and I have full maintenance records since new. Never modified, raced, or tracked. Runs perfectly, fast and fun. Clean title, no accidents or issues. VIN available on request. Always garaged, zero rust.

Recent work/maintenance: • Tuneup – New spark plugs, wires, air filter, belts • New Everstart battery • Fluid changes – Torco RGO in rear diff, Mobil 1 ATF in transmission, Mobil 1 oil in engine

Issues: • Seams splitting on drivers’ seat and rear seats (see pics) • Shifter rattles under acceleration in first gear • Very slight oil and power steering fluid leaks • Tires are getting pretty worn, but still have life left

Car is located in Brighton, MI. Willing to consider delivery or meeting halfway or whatever.

Contact me via email at tom "dot" spangler "at" gmail "dot" com.

Asking $11,500 or best offer.

50+ Pics: https://plus.google.com/photos/103364049340103330004/albums/6069717049529128929?authkey=CJjR1IDgy-TIngE

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
10/13/14 1:56 p.m.

Lets start the offers.......I'll give you about treefiddy.

Nice looking car, I'm sure non-red/black/silver ones are somewhat uncommon.

Armitage
Armitage HalfDork
10/13/14 3:38 p.m.

Exact same year and color combo as mine. GLWS!

Tom_Spangler
10/20/14 9:30 a.m.

Price drop: $11,900.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/20/14 9:40 a.m.

$29.75 per horsepower. The new Mustang is around $85/hp for comparison, so that is quite a bargain!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/20/14 1:10 p.m.

trade for E12?

t25torx
t25torx HalfDork
10/20/14 8:24 p.m.

Holly crap that's a bargain. Same price I sold my '04 with the LS1 for a couple years ago with 10k more miles on it. Those seats are an easy fix, my '04 did the same thing. I just removed the leather covers and sewed them back up from the inside with a thicker waxed thread. You'll break the clips on the seat back but they are cheap to replace. You'll also need a set of hog ring pliers and hog rings to put the covers back on. GLWS

Tom_Spangler
10/20/14 9:50 p.m.
t25torx wrote: Holly crap that's a bargain. Same price I sold my '04 with the LS1 for a couple years ago with 10k more miles on it. Those seats are an easy fix, my '04 did the same thing. I just removed the leather covers and sewed them back up from the inside with a thicker waxed thread. You'll break the clips on the seat back but they are cheap to replace. You'll also need a set of hog ring pliers and hog rings to put the covers back on. GLWS

Thanks. I thought about taking it to an upholstery shop, but now that I'm selling it, I've decided that the next owner will deal with it.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
10/21/14 7:38 a.m.

I've seen and driven the car and can vouch that it's very good. I wouldn't worry about the 1st gear rattle, I've been in plenty of other GM and Ford cars with a similar rattle. The shifter feels great in use. I'd have no issue with jumping in this car and driving 1,000 miles.

Tom, one thing, you seem to be being chased by a gorilla!

scardeal
scardeal Dork
10/21/14 7:43 a.m.

Wish I had the cash for this.

Tom_Spangler
10/21/14 9:20 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: Tom, one thing, you seem to be being chased by a gorilla!

Yeah, that fat bastard always seems to be around.

Agreed, the shifter is a pretty minor thing, but I just want to be complete about the issues the car has, so there's no surprises for potential buyers. I hate that kind of thing, it just wastes everyone's time.

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
10/24/14 7:10 a.m.

I recall that on my 2005, I had to fiddle with my rip shifter a bit to make the rattle go away after I put it in. Have you popped the console back off and checked the adjustment of the stops?

I think fondly of my 05. I have never owned a car for as long as I had that one. Four and a half years. The record holder by nearly double.

Tom_Spangler
10/24/14 8:47 a.m.

No, I haven't done that. Honestly, the rattle is so minor it really doesn't bother me. Thanks for the tip, though.

Still for sale! Getting a few bites, but nobody has handed me cash yet....

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
10/24/14 9:24 a.m.

Tom has a tendency to undersell his vehicles making notes of 'issues' that normal people wouldn't even notice. Too honest for his own good at times.

Tom_Spangler
10/24/14 9:36 a.m.

I just don't want any surprises when people come to look at them. It wastes everyone's time.

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
10/24/14 9:41 a.m.

In reply to Tom_Spangler:

And it's why any of us would buy from a fellow GRMer without hesitation.

Awesome car. I drove one for a while. Very cool package and VERY nice interior.

Armitage
Armitage HalfDork
10/24/14 9:42 a.m.

Had the same problem with seams on mine. Fix is easy and well-documented on the forums. Can confirm GMM shifter can be completely rattle free as well. Oil and PS fluid seeping from the hoses can be totally eliminated by double clamping or replacing the original hose clamps. This is a great price folks. These cars actually appreciated in value a little last summer according to KBB.

Tom_Spangler
10/28/14 10:10 a.m.

Lots of people claiming to be "very interested", but none have actually come and looked at the car.

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/28/14 1:58 p.m.

Looks like a great car, one thing I'd suggest is editing the original post to update with the current asking price.

I've always loved the LS2 GTOs, and that's a great color!

Tom_Spangler
10/28/14 2:12 p.m.
dj06482 wrote: Looks like a great car, one thing I'd suggest is editing the original post to update with the current asking price. I've always loved the LS2 GTOs, and that's a great color!

Good idea. Done.

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
10/28/14 4:10 p.m.

I'm interested at $7,000. Cash. Just joking, a check. In hand in a week.

(Hey, you never know--maybe he's crazy and will take it! )

Tom_Spangler
10/28/14 10:05 p.m.

Not THAT crazy....

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
10/29/14 6:01 a.m.

You just got this car earlier this year, correct? I thought it was from up my way in the Northeast as I was trying to have a look at it for you.

Tom_Spangler
10/29/14 9:01 a.m.

Correct, I bought it from a guy in Rhode Island in March. I'd like to keep it, I love the car, but the reality is that it's our fourth car, so it's more of a luxury than a need. We really need the money for stuff around the house, and I need to get rid of the distraction that keeps me from working on the E30.

markwemple
markwemple Reader
10/29/14 9:46 a.m.

Only 4 cars. Been a long time since I saw that number. (Could also explain, beyond having 2 toddlers, why I never get crap done!)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6jWXZeHtsNbh3AAoxKAZW0f8LpHJ2u2tGpros2PcQf8jDW7PIQAA1C6FBcejg4Xp