Steelpig
Steelpig New Reader
8/29/18 12:01 p.m.

Recent employment problems are requiring me to sell my car(or Bike, or both).  I The plan had been to keep this one forever, or until ADD kicks in again.

I purchased the car with around 55k on the clock and it currently has 110k.  The car has been my daily since mid 2013 and is never going to be a concours winner, but I have ridden the depreciation curve to the bottom for the next person.

The car has one blemish on its CarFax due to an accident last September as described in this thread: 

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/help-guide-me-through-accident-insurance-and-body-shop-frustration/136681/page1/

The car is listed on Craigslist here: https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/d/porsche-997/6678234483.html

I would really like to see someone in the GRM family pick this up so I can stay connected.  The car has been extremely reliable and trouble free.  

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
8/29/18 12:57 p.m.

Is the car in North Carolina or California?

Dave M
Dave M New Reader
8/29/18 12:57 p.m.

A beauty! I'd buy her and flog her on the track (if I had the money, the parking space and lived in LA)! Good luck!

If you don't have luck here, I bet a no-reserve auction on BAT would bring out the bids.

Steelpig
Steelpig New Reader
8/29/18 1:25 p.m.

The car is in LA.  I can help with any transport issues.  

loudes13
loudes13 New Reader
9/4/18 11:57 p.m.

Is this the direct injection engine ?

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/5/18 7:53 a.m.

Beautiful car!

Steelpig
Steelpig New Reader
9/5/18 10:42 a.m.

Its not the direct injection engine.  I think that may have come on line sometime in 2008.  Its still available, if anyone is interested.  My craigslist experience has been "interesting" so far.  More pictures, because everyone likes pictures.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/6/18 2:03 p.m.

Gotta ask; any IMS work done? 

I'll be in your area next weekend. semi-interested.

xflowgolf
xflowgolf Dork
9/6/18 2:43 p.m.

Love the lines on these cars.  Good luck with the sale!  

Steelpig
Steelpig New Reader
9/6/18 6:38 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Interesting story about the IMS.  I bought it at a Porsche dealer.  The guy before me got it as a CPO with 49,020 miles on it.  I have the CPO sticker thing.  The CPO sticker states the Clutch was done and its a one owner car.  The sales manager said the IMS had been done, but I have nothing to substantiate that.  Being the dreamer I am, I just went with it.  If it had been done with the best available option at the time it would have the LNE ceramic, which they recommend replacing every 60k or so.  

Long story short, I have done nothing with the bearing.  I will say, there has never been anything in the oil filters when I opened them.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/6/18 6:57 p.m.

If it has an LN at 60k intervals it be due for one soon lol.

Anyway, I get to southern California on the 13th. I'd like to come look at it. 

Steelpig
Steelpig New Reader
9/6/18 7:39 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

You're welcome to check it out anytime you get here.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
9/6/18 10:42 p.m.

Love the color. Wish I was in the market for one.

Steelpig
Steelpig New Reader
11/13/18 4:33 p.m.

Price drop to 21k.  Its been a funny experience trying to sell this.  I have had exactly 2 people look at it.  The first person liked it but wanted and S in White.  This is not that car.  The second person loved it and had a PPI done.  It passed with flying colors, although it was not what I would call a thorough PPI in that they did not do a leak down or scope the bores.   He balked when the engine number began with M96.  I don't blame him, but there is enough on the table to replace it if they wanted.  I would be happy to send pictures of anything you would like to see.  The CPO sticker was in the car when I bought it.  The second owner covered around 5000 miles before I got it.

Dave M
Dave M New Reader
11/13/18 4:53 p.m.

Still love it, warts and all! Still can't afford it.

Steelpig
Steelpig New Reader
11/14/18 1:53 p.m.

In reply to Dave M :

Thats how I feel toosmiley

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cVuEglbFVTegyEuziRzetQsMPeUI8VJPWiKGoCDpkgMt5zWw6mwlshWjYLm7acRM