Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/18/15 10:21 a.m.

2005 Saturn Vue

2.2 Ecotec/MT5 manual, 123xxx miles, NO accidents, 2 owners, complete documentation including the window sticker. Storm Grey Metallic with Light Grey cloth. Power moonroof, heated seats, PS, PW, PDL, keyless/remote, A/C, PB, CD AM/FM, cruise, etc.

Mods (all new within the last 18 months/23K miles):

• Megan Racing 2" lowering springs
  • KYB complete front struts including mounts, KYB rear shocks
  • Mevotech Premium endlinks front and rear, these are steel with greasable ball joints to replace the factory plastic ones
  • Front camber bolts
  • Optima Red Top
  • 18x7 Motegi MR7's in chrome
  • 225/60ZR18 Yokohama Avid H4S
  • Performance Friction drilled/slotted/zinced rotors with CarbonMetallic pads and Centric calipers
  • CHF Super DOT4 cluth fluid and brake fluid, Royal Purple SynchroMax in the trans, Mobil 1 5W30 full synthetic in the engine

The following is also all NEW in the last 18 months/23K miles:

• Both shift cables and ends with the updated parts
  • Complete A/C system including fully welded condenser, evaporator, all hoses, orfice, etc.
  • LF and RR wheel hub bearing assemblies with Lifetime Timken units
  • NGK Iridium IX plugs, spark plug tube seals, and Ignition Control Module
  • Various underhood emissions hoses, GM gas cap with tether
  • Outer tie rod ends
  • Windshield washer motor

I have well in excess of $5000 in receipts over the last 18 months. Drives great, no problems (right now...), gets 23/30 MPG city/highway on 87 swill.

Super-special GRMer price - $4500

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
9/18/15 10:51 a.m.

Wow. I'll admit, I did a google map search and you are 2,400 miles away from me or 35hr of driving.
If I had it shipped, I would guess $1k at best. If I did a fly/buy it would be be 3 days of driving and 1 day of flight. Time is harder to come by more so than money right now.
On the other hand, not the perfect time to drop over $5k on a car purchase.

I want but I think I will have to pass.

Here's a lead: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/another-what-car-thread/105817/page1/

Javelin
9/18/15 11:31 a.m.

Also cabin filter, air filter, and fuel filter all replaced with Wix. Oil changes every 5K on the dot.

92dxman
92dxman Dork
9/18/15 1:41 p.m.

Whats the reason for sale?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/18/15 2:34 p.m.

Pics? And when is it due for a timing belt? I know very little about these cars but DD#2 would like to move up to something larger and 4-door.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
9/18/15 4:14 p.m.

Chain, not belt.

Javelin
9/18/15 6:23 p.m.

Chain, and as an 05 it has all of the factory updates on it, so it should be good forever.

Reason for sale is SWMBO needs a newer car, and I found one, but can't quite stretch it, and either of our DD's are worth like $500 trade in. I figure I can sell the one worth something and drive the 151K mile Grand Prix GT into the ground, then get me a newer DD.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/19/15 8:41 p.m.

OK. Now I have to consider a cross-country fly-n-drive. Thanks.

Javelin
9/20/15 12:01 a.m.

Javelin
9/20/15 12:03 a.m.

Those 2 shots are both pre new-tires-and-brakes BTW.

Ross413
Ross413 New Reader
9/26/15 1:33 p.m.

Awd...?

Thanks Ross

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iq5bcMTLOiqCaMvZnAi80ymlT6AgpRgU2NoarLDg2dvIaAeUSiyTGjpmESFTDyrj