WillHoonForFood
WillHoonForFood New Reader
8/1/18 8:54 p.m.

I know this is primarily a car forum, but I know there's a few motorcyclists here! 

So a recurring back injury is forcing the sale of my beloved Buell Firebolt XB12R. I want to be a transparent as possible:

Exterior: It's no beauty queen. There's road rash on the fairing, the levers, and both sides of the swingarm. The wheels have chips in the paint on the lips. However, the title is clean.

Mechanical: Runs and rides great, but the clutch lever is loose from going down. Clutch cable is new, but I'm pretty sure I received a Lightning cable instead of a Firebolt cable. Does the job, but you can see that it does obscure the gauges a little.

Electrical: The clutch lever switch broke, so that will need to be replaced. The low beam doesn't work, and I haven't been able to diagnose it yet. The high beam is HID and does work well.
Most interesting trades for me:
A good quality 110/220v TIG welder
A good quality tube bender
Porsche 924/944
Mazda Miata
2002-2007 Subaru Impreza, manual trans

If you have an interesting challenge car that you'd like to trade, I may consider!

​​​​​​​

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
8/1/18 8:59 p.m.

Not bad looking for a downed bike. Good thing you live far enough away. 

GLWS

Paul B

WillHoonForFood
8/1/18 9:13 p.m.

In reply to Donebrokeit :

Thanks Paul! I can't speak for the right side as the exhaust dent was hidden under a wrap the previous owner installed, but the right side happened when I found some road cones in an empty parking lot, and decided to have an impromptu autocross session... on a motorcycle. Low speeds and a lot of angle = tons of fun until you run out of talent.

Brotus7
Brotus7 HalfDork
8/1/18 9:21 p.m.

I know nothing about motorcycles, but that's a really slick front brake rotor setup.  Good luck with the sale.

Justjim75
Justjim75 Reader
8/1/18 11:47 p.m.

So I've ridden that exact model and I've been telling everyone it's the most fun I've had on two wheels.  I have a bike and car collector friend that loves to put me on a bike to have company so I've ridden some pretty good bikes.  That said, All I have as trade fodder is a 1998 Volvo S70 T5 factory manual that needs the trans I already have put in it, the original has a hole in it and a suspected bad diff.  Assembled it's worth between 1500 and 4000 depending on who you ask.  Ice cold Air and a decent looking car.  Any interest in an easy 275 to 325 horse manual challenge car?  I may can add cash and I'm in Montgomery AL with access to trucks and trailers and such

WillHoonForFood
8/2/18 6:28 a.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

I do love Volvos (I've owned 3), but I'd prefer to trade for a RWD/AWD vehicle. Thanks though!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
8/2/18 7:05 a.m.

Since it's got those scuffs and such, seems like a perfect candidate for the full fairing instead of the factory one if this is more appealing to anybody:  

Justjim75
Justjim75 Reader
8/2/18 9:14 a.m.

In reply to WillHoonForFood :

Then I'll keep my head down and hope I see 20 one hundred dollar bills laying on the ground

WillHoonForFood
8/3/18 7:47 p.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

If you manage to find 20 $100 bills on the ground, I think we could manage a deal.yes

WillHoonForFood
8/3/18 7:48 p.m.

In reply to Brotus7 :

Thanks! I love the front rotor as well. It's one of the many awesome little details on Buells.

TiggerWelder
TiggerWelder Reader
8/12/18 10:31 a.m.

I am local, and have always wanted a Firebolt!  My dad always had Harleys, I'm more of a sport bike kind of person, so this is a fine melding.  And then being a nerd, the bike being the same name as Harry Potter's broom!  Don't need it, don't have a Motorcycle license anymore, just bought a C5 convertible last year, trying to convince myself not to even go look at this!

It is a great looking bike for a killer price!

Cooter
Cooter Dork
8/12/18 10:59 a.m.

In reply to TiggerWelder :

Go for it. It's a great bike; one that I would love to add to my stable at some point. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 Reader
8/12/18 12:20 p.m.

I'm still looking for a windfall so I can get it

TiggerWelder
TiggerWelder Reader
8/12/18 9:41 p.m.

PM sent

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5yZ5UaQBgiEYqnFIPIyssoLYcSbZkw5G6tDQVNJtlERJFlljRfX1jYtM3ohCiU6E