MrMSB
MrMSB New Reader
6/10/18 9:35 p.m.

Pickup preferred... freight would be expensive, and I don’t have a great way to transport. 

I have:

(4) 2006 H1A HD helical cut gear reduction hubs *edit to add: with central tire inflation system spindles... you can ignore that and play normal, or add the lines , fittings, compressor and valves or solenoid operated valves to air up/down from the driver seat...  most people ignore it... * end edit

(5) rear HD half shafts new in box, the cardboard boxes are pretty much mush now.   

(1) rhino spare tire carrier with the ratcheting lift/lower mechanism

I want cash, trades from the list below, or other interesting trades. Value disparity settled with cash either way:

~$2000

110 v mig welding setup

Tube roller that will handle 1.75” DOM

English wheel

A Rewaco HD engine to VW transaxle adapter plate (that would be freaking awesome :)

Any (preferably running) air cooled vw or Porsche, or 12a/13b engine and/or 12a/13b to VW transaxle adapter plate;

AC30/AC40/AC50 and adapter plate. 

Horizontal cooling system for a VW type 1 or type 4

1987-1989 944 turbo front brake rotors and calipers

Ball joint beetle or thing front beam and torsion bars.

Napoleon hat forward of a balljoint pan

Manx look fiberglass body

(4) structurally sound 15”x some width 5x130 wheels. I like the look of smoothies but I’m not picky.

4 post storage/service lift. 

One of the funky folding haul master trailers,... so it doesn’t take up as much of my garage as the Miata, and my lack of inhibition is less affected by having to have projects fit in my short bed.  

(To help guide “other” offers: I already have a start on some sort of dune buggy Baja frankenbug thingamajig: a lack of inhibition; a molested VW swing axle pan; Thing arms, spindles and transmission flanges; ‘86 944 turbo Porsche irs trailing arms inclusive of hubs and brakes; ~’70 type 1 DSC IRS transaxle;  in the process of acquiring 944t front hubs, master cylinder, and complete torsion housing with spring plates from CL.)

(And if anyone is interested.....I also have a skate and middle of the unibody if anyone wants to take on a 1992 Miata deathcart or Exocet build.)

-MSB

*Edit to add info about CTIS 

Justjim75
Justjim75 Reader
6/11/18 12:51 a.m.

What would a guy need to use those H1 parts if he didn't have an H1?  As in, can these be put on a 96 Bronco 4x4 or is there alot of work to make that happen?  These are basically portals without the center section?

MrMSB
MrMSB New Reader
6/11/18 6:11 a.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

H1 is double wishbone front and rear, and original has offset front diff. You’d need to either get the 8 A Arms, and the frame cross members, or fabricate your own,... and the front and rear HD diffs/carriers.  To use the rear half shakers on the front, a diff centering kit OR..... fabricate custom solid axle tubes, which Long ago I saw pictures that someone had done.  

To tempt you further,... on the hubs, the driver front is the same as the passenger rear and passenger front the same as driver rear, so setting up a four wheel steering system is possible. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 Reader
6/12/18 1:49 p.m.

That definitely answers my question.  Not over my abilities so much as expense, tools and facility

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Xu4PKDffBe9ZNHiY3VXDlwEPwQYi9EAn62MoBiTPxoLJJIfwJ6RwK0NIyiUYiT28