Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
11/15/14 1:21 p.m.

2006 Mazda 5 Sport, dark grey metallic-ish manual transmission 153K $4500

Car is located in Decatur, GA (right outside Atlanta). PM me for my phone number and I'll get back to you same-day. Include yours and I'll call you back ASAP.

We finally bought my wife the car she has always wanted so it's time for this one to leave the stable. For such a useful vehicle it's been pretty fun to drive as well, which is why we bought it. As most of you are aware of it's basically a big Mazda 3 wagon with sliding doors and seating for six. I have to admit, I'm a bit sad to see her go. It's been a great vehicle for road trips, moving, shopping, and camping (at the Mitty). Hopefully she'll find a good home with a GRM member who wants a manual mini-minivan.

Stuff I replaced in the two and a half years we've had the car:

• Rear struts, KYB Gas-a-just. Which is basically a step up from the OEM replacement Excel-G. Gave it much better turn-in and I've been happy with them for the cost.

• Rear sway bar bushings, OEM. We had a clunk, now everything is quiet.

• Brake master cylinder. It never visibly leaked, but we had a weird issue with the brake pedal having longer-than-normal travel every blue moon. It was replaced on general principle and the problem hasn't occurred since.

• Antenna. The original one was looking kinda ratty so what I thought was a minor cosmetic upgrade ended up giving me better reception.

Existing issues:

• Rear doors sometimes don't unlock on the first try. Probably happens every 3rd or 4th time. Seems to be a common problem and someone on the forum replaced the actuators fairly easily. I never got around to it as it wasn't a huge deal to me.

• Minor cosmetic issues. There are small scratches on the passenger door (see pic) and passenger rear bumper. Other than that the paint is in pretty good condition. There are also scratches in the rear interior side panels by the third row. The window trim on the rear windows has seen better days (see pic). The rear passenger rim got nicked (pic).

trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
11/15/14 1:41 p.m.

You wouldn't happen to be interested in a kart on a trade would you?

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
11/15/14 1:56 p.m.

Sounds like fun, but I need to replace the down payment on the WRX we just bought.

trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
11/17/14 8:11 a.m.

understandable, I am still interested and sent you a email.

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
11/17/14 9:51 a.m.

For whatever reason I didn't get that email so I sent you one back through the PM system with my phone number.

rcutclif
rcutclif GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/17/14 1:10 p.m.

this + Mazdaspeed3 race team closing = winning

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
11/27/14 7:20 a.m.

Bump

Klayfish
Klayfish UltraDork
11/28/14 6:41 a.m.

What kind of mpg's have you seen with it? A/C, etc...all work properly?

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
11/28/14 7:58 a.m.

Averages 24mpg in Atlanta stop and go traffic on the daily commute with judicious throttle. 27mpg on highway road trips. AC is great. Clutch is good.

The only other thing I can think of is it will need rear brake pads sometime soon, but it's been like that the whole time I've owned it so they are apparently wearing like iron. Not on the squealers yet or anything.

Klayfish
Klayfish UltraDork
11/30/14 8:21 a.m.

I sent you an e-mail, let me know if it didn't go through. No CELs right? i.e. I assume it can get through emissions...?

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
11/30/14 7:20 p.m.

No cels. Passed emissions this summer no problems.

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
11/30/14 7:33 p.m.

Ok so apparently something is going wrong with trying to PM me, so I've sent you a message with all my contact info.

Apologies for the cloak n dagger with the phone.

92dxman
92dxman Dork
12/3/14 3:38 p.m.

I average 27-29 mpg daily in my 5 (mix of highway/local roads). I have cracked 30+ before but its few and far between.

tripp
tripp New Reader
12/3/14 9:34 p.m.

It had totally slipped my mind that they made the 5 in a manual. I need to unload a couple of my cars first but I might look for one of these once I do. Looks like a great car.

dculberson
dculberson UberDork
12/4/14 2:56 p.m.

Dang, if you were closer I'd come look at it today. Need a "family" car and this looks perfect for me. But I definitely don't have time to drive that far to look at a car.

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
12/4/14 3:04 p.m.

In reply to dculberson:

Well, if you change your mind you can always crash in our guest bedroom. Also, that offer comes with free beers and a Forza competition complete with smack talk.

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
12/6/14 7:01 p.m.

Man I want it but my Wife says "sure", after we sell the Evo!

Don't want to sell the Evo.

PHeller
PHeller PowerDork
12/10/14 1:46 p.m.

What kinda MPGs does this thing get?

92dxman
92dxman Dork
12/10/14 3:41 p.m.

24-26 mpg driving around town w/no highway, 27-29 mix, 29-30 pure highway.

Klayfish
Klayfish UltraDork
12/21/14 6:59 a.m.

Matt, Did you sell this yet?

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
12/22/14 6:23 a.m.

Still for sale. Emailed ya.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7uvk69sMPYnmKzirgwy9OUqhDVpSGzDhoq2gYXIU0Nm0WEELQIWIvwxcvyhj8FTG