BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/11/15 9:13 p.m.

aka, my fully loaded daily driver: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/the-evo-has-landed/66365/page1/

2014 Evo MR, slightly less than 14k on the clock, I've owned in since it had 6 miles on the odometer. Never tracked or Auto-X'd, purely used as a daily driver. Fully loaded with heated leather seats, Rockford Fosgate sound system w/ subwoofer and navigation etc etc etc.

Comes with snow tires (currently mounted) and OEM high performance summer tires with about 1/2 thread left.

Car has been maintained to severe schedule, with fresh Motul V300 + K&N oil filter approx every 3k. Also had a transmission oil change at "half time" - approx 7000 miles, half of the OEM recommended schedule - as this is supposed to extend the life of the gearbox.

Completely stock apart from the following:

• Paint protection film on the front of the car and on the rear bumper
  • OEM wheels refinished in "Volk TE37 bronze" after the tire fitter messed up the original finish on the wheel

I really like the car, but just driving it to Carmax in Reno (30 miles each way) left me with a loudly protesting knee. It's too expensive to keep around as a garage ornament, plus it really wants to be used. I don't think I've driven it for more than 200 miles since mid-October.

I'd like to get $32500 out of it, which is a little more than Carmax is offering and about $2500 below Nada Retail. In fact, it's somewhere between average and clean Nada trade-in.

I'd consider taking an RX-8 or S2k in trade, or possible an FF or FV car. However I do have to get around $20k out of it as Mitsubishi Financial wants their money back, too.

Armitage
Armitage HalfDork
1/12/15 5:38 p.m.

DO WANT but not in the budget. GLWS though!

BoxheadTim
1/24/15 12:51 p.m.

Last chance - it goes to Carmax in the next two weeks.

Now with current pictures, all taken this morning:

Click here to see a large version

BoxheadTim
2/16/15 10:32 p.m.

Provisionally sold, should finalize everything on Friday.

Kinda sad, this was my first brand new vehicle ever and I planned to keep this for a long time.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
2/16/15 10:50 p.m.

Good luck with (pending) sale.

Someday one of y'all will post up a similarly clean Evo VIII/IX and I'll check 'fly-and-drive' off the list of things to do.

BoxheadTim
2/24/15 12:59 p.m.

And today I got to wave goodbye to it. I haz a sad, the first brand new car I ever bought but the weather out here turned cold again and reminded me in how good a shape my knees are. Not.

Plus I got enough money out of the deal to pay for the Porsche engine repair...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
g4qH00sRqbtdrgyi05nmEG5jeOxWrGFxgsogCKbcsYiKixGknQ4Z761NLMKq7lTr