914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/28/17 7:52 a.m.

NMNA: Probably no interest here, but too cool not to share.

Barnstormers.

Certified Light Sport/Experimental with retractable landing gear (retracts have never been operated). This is a "Flying" piece of history at a fraction of the price. New 28 hr Rotax engine with clutch drive, 53 Hrs TT Airframe, BRS Chute, Full fiberglass front, long range fuel tanks, Transponder, Radio, Engine-Instrument-System (EIS) and Analog guages, Engine on this plane "purrs like a kitten" with the clutch drive, Grove whls/brakes, D Day Paint & Graphics. This plane attracts the crowds at air shows. Call Keith at 909-815-9481

Pattyo
Pattyo New Reader
3/28/17 9:00 p.m.

Lets see, its a slow single seater with poor visibility and doesn't qualify as an LSA due to the retracable gear. Plus, some dude built it in his garage with unknown build practices. I think I'd rather have an ultalight.

loosecannon
loosecannon HalfDork
3/28/17 9:41 p.m.

Oh man, that is a beautiful aircraft and it's cheaper than what I have into my race car!

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
3/29/17 9:48 a.m.

Rotax engine purrs like a kitten. Right up until it doesn't.

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
3/29/17 11:26 a.m.

All things considered, I guess it's not the worst way to die.

smokindav
smokindav Reader
3/29/17 11:35 a.m.

It's got a parachute. No worries!

smokindav
smokindav Reader
3/29/17 12:17 p.m.

Wing falls off, chute deploys at 2:20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgfG2DfPB6I

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
3/29/17 12:40 p.m.

Hmmm . . . not sure getting dragged through the grass fire by the chute is an improvement over meteor-like ground impact, but interesting concept.

Petrolburner
Petrolburner Dork
3/30/17 11:34 a.m.

I really like that but I don't have much interest in a single seat aircraft. What's the point if you can't share it with someone? Maybe as a 2nd or 3rd airplane I'd be interested. For me at least, getting paid to fly a 250 knot King Air 90 kind of kills the lust of paying to fly a slow airplane for personal travel.

penultimeta
penultimeta Reader
4/18/17 11:42 a.m.

Surely a shotgun in the mouth or running onto the train tracks is a cheaper way to go

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
b2mMmxcB89BKMyP18iZdsZH8axUsp2z3Jb1hE1McBdqj9ECF3UtCJFAFvW8RIVm5