Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
6/18/13 5:46 p.m.

Located in Nicholson, PA $2750 Original Texas Car, No rust, never driven in the winter. Approx 155k miles. Sport Model, Torsen Diff, Leather interior. New soft top last fall, New clutch,plugs and wires, good tires. been parked since new clutch (which works smooth thru all gears) and soft top, I got it installed and moved back to TX for work. garage kept

There is a second set of 14" wheels with a set of snow tires if interested. Never put on the car, bought in case and never used.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
6/19/13 1:24 a.m.

Uhhh... what's the catch?

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
6/19/13 7:06 a.m.

Seriously. What SFO said. If that price is legit I'm interested. Have cash in hand. Current inspection?

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
6/19/13 7:48 a.m.

Me too!

Duke
Duke PowerDork
6/19/13 8:37 a.m.

Reposted to a couple local forums, not that you will have any trouble unloading the car at this price!

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/19/13 8:46 a.m.

Really wish I had the money.

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
6/19/13 9:18 a.m.

Should be current inspection I cant remember now....been a few months since I have seen the car.

Car was missing with a code, so replaced the plugs and wires. No more code. Ran fine. I guess that the miss came back after that? Not sure. Neighbor who was helping keep the house us, test drove it and said it did fine once, tried it again, and it missed, then fine again.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/19/13 12:19 p.m.

Don't 99's have a issue with the coils going bad like you are describing.

Seems like a great deal. I will be out that way at the end of the month.. May have to try to convince the wife she needs a Miata to drive home...

spritedriver28
spritedriver28 New Reader
6/20/13 7:56 a.m.

I'm interested in the Miata, but would like some pics of the interior, engine and underside. I tried to PM, but it wouldn't go through.

Thanks, Jake

Warren v
Warren v Reader
6/20/13 8:18 a.m.
nocones wrote: Don't 99's have a issue with the coils going bad like you are describing.

Yup, coils go bad like every 5k miles, and they cost $900-$1100 to replace. Best let me handle this one for you.

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
6/20/13 8:33 a.m.

Ill work on interior pics. Drivers seat is not perfect, has some tears in it.

Ill post when I get them.

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 SuperDork
6/20/13 7:22 p.m.

interested. need more pictures. any other bad things with the car?

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
6/21/13 9:03 a.m.

The more I think about the more I'm seriously interested. I really need a 2nd daily driver so I can take the TDI off the road for overdue maintenance. and I'm really itching for something to autocross as well.

Wouldn't by chance want an E30 in trade? Just kidding... but seriously... money is burning a hole in my pocket... Message sent.

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
6/22/13 9:05 a.m.

interior pics. up

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
6/22/13 10:26 a.m.

Are you saying that the car shouldn't or can't be driven, or do you not really know? Best to be trailered I suppose?

Chris

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
6/22/13 11:16 a.m.

The car can be driven to the best of my knowledge. BUT I am 1600 miles away and cannot verify its really a pain. I would say it can right now, but would err on the shouldnt since I cannot give a solid answer on the running correctness.

The last time I drove the car, it was way down on power. Plugs and wires changed out, and it was good while there. I have gotten conflicting reports on it since that time. So the easy fix may not have been the correct one. Next fix is the Coil pack for $200. Since I am not there, I am seeing if anyone is interested here in it.

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
6/23/13 7:36 p.m.

Took a Deposit this eve. Tenatively Sold

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VCyoC68uaAs83m86bOZRtU9zpj4gzIlvW5BrIdlUbZ7hMcLv99G9omdLqRgtxbTJ